The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

Yeah, how did evil Laurel survive getting hit by a car virtually unscathed?

Also, why are they still trying to keep Barry's identity a secret from anyone, especially Wally at the beginning? Because Joe the stern patriarch says so, I guess.

Btw, Joe, you knew Wells was about to pass out, would it have killed you to maybe take a couple of steps and catch him?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Or do we think the writers didn't realize what they were implying with Laurel's 'mirror image' speech?  

That's a rhetorical question, right?

Barry as essentially a born-again meta human was kind of funny. "Don't worry guys, the speedforce is on my side."

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Were Caitlin and Cisco planning on going as their alters for Halloween next year?  Why did they have their costumes at the ready?

Trophies, I presume. Yet more proof that we're watching a gang of psychopathic supervillains. That and the fact that we're back to gloating in front of illegally detained prisoners.

34 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

That's a rhetorical question, right?

Nope!  I'm Optimistic!  Har. 

It's just so hard to accept that a group of writers, producers, directors and other various showrunners could be so collectively stupid.  

Barry as essentially a born-again meta human was kind of funny. "Don't worry guys, the speedforce is on my side.

I'm willfully ignoring the born-again subtext.  

4 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Nope!  I'm Optimistic!  Har. 

It's just so hard to accept that a group of writers, producers, directors and other various showrunners could be so collectively stupid.  

I'm willfully ignoring the born-again subtext.  

Makes you wonder if the stupidity is forced on them top down? Surely someone somewhere would go "this doesn't make sense"?

DC are obsessed with rebirths. Barry has already had one in the comics and next month the entire line is being born again.

On 18/05/2016 at 6:13 PM, Dr. Pepper said:

This show is so painful to watch.  I don't even know why I'm holding out to finish the season.  I know there is almost no way I'll be tuning in next season.  

i can honestly see about 1/3 of viewers feeling the same.  i'm hanging in as a test of my commitment, nothing more. 

I think those of you who complain about the stupidity level are really missing a major plotline of the show. It NEEDS to have a critical level of stupid at any given moment. He is, after all, "the Motherfucking Flash" (for those who may have somehow missed this gem of a rant, just Google it). Stupidity is his goddamn Kryptonite. It HAS to exist to permit the story to play out for 60 minutes at a time. Could there be less stupidity? Yes. But, the level of stupidity must be fluid to permit the existence of, say, a Capt. Cold. Could the stories be tailored  to avoid the rampant and varied types of stupidity? Of course it could. But then you'd be admitting that there's no room in the DC universe for such glory of, oh... I dunno... say, Pink Kryptonite (Google that at the peril of your own brain cells). 

I admit lately, I've been watching the most recent eps with only one eye as the crazy takes yet another uptick. But, really where would be be without the stupidity? Three minute eps after which we'd be forced to watch Barry looking forlornly at his latest failed romantic desire. *sigh* 

6 hours ago, Quoth said:

But then you'd be admitting that there's no room in the DC universe for such glory of, oh... I dunno... say, Pink Kryptonite (Google that at the peril of your own brain cells).

Thank you, I didn't realise how much I needed this:

Pink Kryptonite is a type of Kryptonite that seemingly turns Kryptonians homosexual. It is unknown what it would do to an already homosexual Kryptonian.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/superman/images/2/2c/Pink_kryptonite_supergirl_79.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130707015306

Although in Pink Kryptonites defence it was apparently used satirically

My overall impression of the season finale: :lmao:

Barry gets imprisoned, reminding me of all the discussions here about Barry's villainy. :lol::thumbsup:

Zoom's plan is figured out. Race Barry to harness both of their powers and destroy all the other universes. What's Barry's solution? Race him. :lmao:

Harry and Cisco - we can't touch Zoom's machine because bad things may happen; moments before - Zoom tightening a fucking bolt on his machine with a socket wrench; yep, pretty indestructible machine :lol:

There is no way that stupid metal hat should stay on the head of a speedster while running. But science is only for when it suits the plot, or confusing the hell out of Wally West. :P

Time wraiths show up to punish Zoom for all his indiscretions. Apparently time wraiths cannot multi-task. One villain at a time for them. But how can Barry not tempt fate again, because the speed force is on his side!!!!! Fuck the timeline, change everything. Supergirl has to make sense entering the CW verse, so Barry had to push the reset button. :lmao::lmao:

OK, I'm done. One more shows bites the dust. Next up, Arrow. 

Barry Allen is a stupid fucking selfish prick asshole piece of shit. Every time I thought he couldn't get worse, he goes on to fuck over everyone's life and future because he wanted mommy and daddy.  

I feel so relieved this season is over.  I can't believe I had the ability to stick it out to the end. I've scrubbed this shit from my DVR, now I just need to scrub it from my mind. 

I have two episodes of Person of Interest, Peaky Blinders and the Americans to watch yet this finale goes to the top of the watch list partly because I want closure. See you on the other side.

I agree with others that it was so satisfying to see Barry locked up in one of his cells and him showing his true colours. In my mind this was when the gang finally plucked up the courage to stop him.

I'm also dumbfounded by the logic of racing Zoom when that's what he required to destroy the multiverse. Then again I'm also dumfounded at how Barry thinks the best way to catch someone running super fast in a circle of 10m diameter is to run after his competitor. He could just stand still or run in the opposite direction. But this show is dumb so what the hell.

"hey do you think we should have checked Wally didn't go and release Barry from his cell. We didn't bother putting a lock on the outside"

And then the ending. What a child-like egotistical and selfish prick Barry is. Doesn't discuss it with anyone just goes and "restores" (because ultimately the original timeline has to be the one where his mother wasn't killed by a time-traveller, hence the time wraiths should leave it alone) because he wants to.I guess Zoom was right and the last step to villainy is killing yourself which Barry did in the race and in erasing himself from the timeline. Guess we'll get an angsty time-remnant seeing the restored timeline next season and he'll change it back because it'll either be worse than he expected or be an absolute paradise but "not quite right for him" so he says fuck it and returns it back to the status quo.

I say next season but I'm done. I'm going to need to hear people say "New CW DC shows are as good as Netflix now" before I come back. If they took this "flashpoint" event to retool all their shows and Supergirl with some different writers they'd maybe have a chance of course correcting.

As it is I'm happy to end the show with Barry completing his arc into supervillain and effectively making sure the season I've just watched never actually existed. I might drop by to see the remnants of the show's fanbase here take the piss as that's been the most fun aspect of the season.

1. I knew it would be Jay under the mask (didn't know it would be Daddy's Doppel, but should have)

2. After all season, the wraites get Zoom? WTF?

3. the best storyline they had going at the end of the season would/should/could have been Kid Flash/ Jessie Quick, and they didn't pull the F-ing trigger.

7 minutes ago, Black Wolf Smith said:

1. I knew it would be Jay under the mask (didn't know it would be Daddy's Doppel, but should have)

2. After all season, the wraites get Zoom? WTF?

3. the best storyline they had going at the end of the season would/should/could have been Kid Flash/ Jessie Quick, and they didn't pull the F-ing trigger.

1. It would have been even more awesome if he'd been the Barry from his show in the early 90s. Now we know why it was a full face mask as those beautiful shiny teeth would have given him away. Not that the actor was ever behind that mask.

2. It was convenients so you know...  Pretty sure Barry is a bigger offender of time crimes at this stage. They really need to get the wraiths locking down this time remnant shit because it means Zoom RF and Flash can never die and always save "back-ups" before ever doing anything.

3. Jessie Quick will be the reason Wells comes back next season. Unless they have earth 1 Wells return.

That was a disappointing finale to an overall shitty season. Zoom was basically just a boring retread of the Reverse Flash without the charm of Harrison Wells. Barry is officially the worst and dumbest superhero ever, that ending was some straight up idiotic bullshit and the icing on the cake for all his selfish whiny bullshit. Fuck Barry Allen. Oh, yeah and Zoom's death was a total ripoff of Ghost.

Plus I can't believe that we have gotten two whole seasons of The Flash but we still haven't gotten a proper version of The Rogues, hell they haven't even used Mirror Master once. That some grade-a bullshit.

I did like the bit with the real Jay Garrick though, that was a nice touch.

So... OK... Wait. Wait... What???!

Arguably, then, everything was wiped out? Barry's mom isn't killed... So... his dad isn't charged with the crime... Barry doesn't go to live with Joe... Barry doesn't have the reason to  make himself into Mr. CSI... Thus, Barry's not in the lab when the particle accelerator goes kaboom and isn't hit with the dark matter or whatever... and the chemicals... and thus never becomes the Flash.

Folks we were all undergoing a mass hallucination these past two years. Whew! That cleans up an awful lot!

22 minutes ago, Quoth said:

So... OK... Wait. Wait... What???!

Arguably, then, everything was wiped out? Barry's mom isn't killed... So... his dad isn't charged with the crime... Barry doesn't go to live with Joe... Barry doesn't have the reason to  make himself into Mr. CSI... Thus, Barry's not in the lab when the particle accelerator goes kaboom and isn't hit with the dark matter or whatever... and the chemicals... and thus never becomes the Flash.

Folks we were all undergoing a mass hallucination these past two years. Whew! That cleans up an awful lot!

You forget that with Thawne defeat at that point, he will not impersonate Wells, thus the real Wells will continue to live, and may not even create the particle accelerator, or do it much later, and maybe without the explosions. That means no metas all around. And basically this means that the actors playing Cisco and Caitlin are now fired, since there will not be a need for them anymore.

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

You forget that with Thawne defeat at that point, he will not impersonate Wells, thus the real Wells will continue to live, and may not even create the particle accelerator, or do it much later, and maybe without the explosions. That means no metas all around. And basically this means that the actors playing Cisco and Caitlin are now fired, since there will not be a need for them anymore.

That's right! No metas at all! No Cisco creating the Cold gun. No Capt. Cold... Legends of Tomorrow severely impacted, there. And the Supergirl crossover... I guess Kara never pulls that episode out of the fire; no Flash to help. Same with Arrow! Ollie's toast, then! These Flash writers are freakin' brilliant! They're cleaning house on the whole DC superhero genre. We haven't been giving them nearly enough credit.

42 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Earth 2 Wells made a particle accelerator of his own volition so it might be something Well's tend to do?

Honestly, a complete reboot/streamining of all the shows would be welcome. Although is it worth it if Laurel Lance returns?

On 17/05/2016 at 5:12 PM, red snow said:

They just roll with it. Whenever anything weird happens or there are jumps in logic they can say "speed force said".

I don't know how established the actors were before this show but I imagine there's a mixture of "it's work, squee!" "I need to pay the bills". A mercy for CW actors is that they are mainly young up and comers (transitioning from modelling/sports to acting). It's probably more painful for actors who've been in the game for a while. Victor Garber springs to mind as someone who understands how awful the writing is - poor guy.  Many actors wisely don't get too invested in episodic tv - they deliver their role and may never even watch the finished product. It's not for them, it's for the audience. There's probaly theatre roles for the passionate actor but material that's rewarding in mainstream tv/film is pretty rare.

I read an interview with Stephen Dillane recently and it was pretty clear he thought his character and GoT was utter nonsense. Still didn't stop him doing a good job on set.

Given the way his character was written for the show I don't blame him. Manu Bennett, who played Deathstroke, was pretty critical of what they did to his character in season 3. 

So, if Zoom needed himself and Barry to run around that thing 500 times to destroy the multi-verse, why did he need Barry at all? Just run around it 1,000 times by himself and it creates the same power, right? Lazy bastard. 

This timeline is incredibly fucked. This is why I prefer multiverse theory (DBZ style) for time travel. Seems cleaner, easier to understand. I am having that TFS Goku moment watching that ending. "Wait, if Barry stopped Thawne, then Barry behind the door would not exist in time to be there, none of that stuff would happen with fake Wells, the Barry who fought Zoom would never experience that loss and never come back to stop Thawne and.....why does everything taste like copper?"

To quote the great Hubert J. Farnsworth: "The evil I could tolerate, but the stupidity..."

Why do we even bother listing the many ways in which Barry Allen fails as a hero and as a human being week in, week out?

Man am I glad to be done with this show. The one thing I am going to miss is taking the piss out of it in this thread.

Well, I'll continue following the conversation. It'll be interesting to see if it's as enjoyable without the show as context.

Archived