The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

That might have been the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever watched.  Wally: "Barry I had no idea you were the Flash." :shocked: 

Did Barry kill Thawne at the end?  I had kind of tuned out at that point.  If not what the hell is his plan to ensure that he never "kills her again"? 

I don't even want to think what the affect this will have on the rest of the multiverse.  Because really, Zoom should now be back to terrorizing Earth 2. 

Why couldn't Zoom steal Jay's powers?  I was trying to not fall asleep at that point.

They set up Jesse and Wally to be speedsters and then completely wiped it away :lol:  

Who else is now expecting episode 1 of season 5 of Arrow to be starring Robert Queen as Green Arrow?  And they flashback to his time on the island.  That would be fucking hilarious.  I might watch it just for the lulz if I hear that that happens.

12 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

Man am I glad to be done with this show. The one thing I am going to miss is taking the piss out of it in this thread.

Well, I'll continue following the conversation. It'll be interesting to see if it's as enjoyable without the show as context.

Same.  Although, I'm getting a little worried that the only board member actually planning to watch next season is Jaxom.

2 hours ago, Batman said:

This timeline is incredibly fucked. This is why I prefer multiverse theory (DBZ style) for time travel. Seems cleaner, easier to understand. I am having that TFS Goku moment watching that ending. "Wait, if Barry stopped Thawne, then Barry behind the door would not exist in time to be there, none of that stuff would happen with fake Wells, the Barry who fought Zoom would never experience that loss and never come back to stop Thawne and.....why does everything taste like copper?"

I think I'm smelling almonds here....

11 hours ago, red snow said:

Jessie Quick will be the reason Wells comes back next season. Unless they have earth 1 Wells return.

He'll have to be "original" timeline Wells who built the particle accelerator much later (20+ year iirc).  Barry will of course keep his powers, because he's immune to those timeline shenanigans. 

I'm waiting for Arrow tonight to show us that this multiverse means jack shit to no one involved in CW DC.  Legends timey whimey shit meant nothing, I doubt Barry's supervillain timey whimey shit does nothing.  

Also, yes! to hoping someone next season takes one for the team and watches it just to provide us all with a brief and snarky review.  As terrible as this show is, I have enjoyed being part of the rage fest with everyone.  

One of the reasons why I am mercilessly purging shows from my list is because I intend to get rid of my cable subscription. So unless I end getting a hulu sub (which depends on what other show I wish to continue watching) I will not be able to participate in any sacrificial viewing. 

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yeah, and I'm confused how Barry winning the race would have stopped the machine. If Barry beat Zoom, would Zoom had just stopped running? 

Speedsters keep their word? Even if it means needlessly giving up.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yeah, and I'm confused how Barry winning the race would have stopped the machine. If Barry beat Zoom, would Zoom had just stopped running? 

he could have also made a duplicate of himself. I think he just liked racing. Maybe yellow energy trails (or is it red? works better)

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm waiting for Arrow tonight to show us that this multiverse means jack shit to no one involved in CW DC.  Legends timey whimey shit meant nothing, I doubt Barry's supervillain timey whimey shit does nothing.  

Also, yes! to hoping someone next season takes one for the team and watches it just to provide us all with a brief and snarky review.  As terrible as this show is, I have enjoyed being part of the rage fest with everyone.  

These shows are so stupid I wouldn't rule out their being zero effect in any of them. They may come up with an excuse later claiming Flash undid the changes meaning the other shows never experienced the alt worlds. But I'm sick of justifying things for them.

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

We could assign people specific episodes to watch and do a TWOP throwback summarization of the show so we don't all have to watch it LMAO

This is a fair system. I could possibly force myself to watch 2 episodes. I was one of the few who liked the Keven Smith (and whoever the writer was). If they do another one, I'll watch that. If a white Wally West turns up (the comics have a selection of Wally West ethnicities to pick from) I'll watch that for a laugh too.

I almost turned this off during the climax, it was so stupid. I think it could work if you look at it as a parody of the worst excesses of the comic book genre.  For me the low point was Iris talking about the time remnant dying and trying to make it into some statement about Barry's great love and willingness to make sacrifices for all of them. This is right before he goes back and alters the entire course of history to save his mother. It's quite funny, from a certain point of view.

1 hour ago, Kindly Old Man said:

For me the low point was Iris talking about the time remnant dying and trying to make it into some statement about Barry's great love and willingness to make sacrifices for all of them.

I honestly wasn't paying attention to the dialogue any more at that point, maybe it's worth it to check out that conversation for a laugh.

Oh yeah, it was all sorts of bad.  Might actually win a prize for worst piece of dialogue in The Flash.  They wanted to make sure that born again Jesus thing went to its logical conclusion.  Barry loved them so much that he died for their sins.  Or something like that.  Then he fucked them all over because villain's gonna vill.  

Stuff I liked: the effects and that nod to Crisis of Infinite Earths (the way Barry's time remnant died). And seeing John Wesley-Shipp as a Flash.

Otherwise, turning Zoom into the Anti-Monitor was kinda funny.  He's no Anti-Monitor; he's not even as formidable as the Reverse-Flash.

I'm not holding out much hope for Season 3 ;if they go the Flashpoint route, I doubt if it's gonna be anything as good as the animated film.  Personally, I think they should have goneto Flashpoint at the end of Season 1. Maybe S2 wouldn't have been so bad.  Regardless, it did have a handful of good eps and that's the most I can say about it ( I thought Runaway dinosaur was good, it turned out to be written by the guy who wrote X-Men First Class)

Also: one good thing about Barry changing time yet again is that maybe I don't have to look at him brooding over his parents' tombstones.  We know who has that trademarked.

One more thing: Zack Snyder says this Barry Allen wouldn't fit in with his vision of the DC films.  considering his dubious interpretations of Superman and Batman, I disagree.  CW Barry would be quite at home (and so would its regular writers).

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

One of the reasons why I am mercilessly purging shows from my list is because I intend to get rid of my cable subscription. So unless I end getting a hulu sub (which depends on what other show I wish to continue watching) I will not be able to participate in any sacrificial viewing. 

Unfortunately, it's almost too easy to accidentally watch broadcast tv since it's available for free over-the-air.  I'd toss out the HDtenna just to make sure I don't accidentally channel surf my way to the CW DCverse, but there are several broadcast shows plus the local evening news plus morning cartoons for kids that I want to keep it for.  

8 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

I almost turned this off during the climax, it was so stupid. I think it could work if you look at it as a parody of the worst excesses of the comic book genre.  For me the low point was Iris talking about the time remnant dying and trying to make it into some statement about Barry's great love and willingness to make sacrifices for all of them. This is right before he goes back and alters the entire course of history to save his mother. It's quite funny, from a certain point of view.

They could do with a Deadpool character turning up (HArlequin) pointing out that it's intentional and meant for laughs. Now if Deadpool had been the man in the iron mask that would have been fun.

6 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

One more thing: Zack Snyder says this Barry Allen wouldn't fit in with his vision of the DC films.  considering his dubious interpretations of Superman and Batman, I disagree.  CW Barry would be quite at home (and so would its regular writers).

Maybe Barry is so lacking heroic qualities that it's too much for Snyder???

2 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Could be.  Also,  Barry's mom's name isn't Martha.

That does limit Snyder's storytelling. Maybe he can settle for "mum/mother" as a unifier between heroes?

10 hours ago, red snow said:

That does limit Snyder's storytelling. Maybe he can settle for "mum/mother" as a unifier between heroes?

Thankfully there are no shortage of slow motion shots, so Snyder would be fine. Hopefully they would be less rubbery and horrifying. 

So this is Collider's list of all the superhero TV shows, ranked worst to best from the recent year.

The Flash ranked at #2, only behind Daredevil. Jessica Jones ranked at #3. :bang:

On The Flash

I think if we were to look at the first season alone, this would have taken the top slot, but while the second season was still good, it did stumble a little bit. Grant Gustin and company managed to create a series that blew away expectations and easily reels in viewers each week. I can still recall the effectiveness, and downright shock, of the end of the pilot episode, as Eobard Thawne stared at the newspaper from the future. The show doesn’t pull any punches and sometimes even manages to one up its source material with new takes on characters and events. The Flash also takes light-hearted scenes in stride, while not being afraid to delve into the darkness when it comes to events such as Barry’s mother’s death and the wickedness of Harrison Wells, a.k.a .Eobard Thawne, the Reverse Flash, or even Zoom. Littered with Easter eggs and promises of ever-escalating scenarios, The Flash is far and away the best series that the CW has created.

I guess the writer is taking everything each show has done so far, so not just the most recent seasons.

57 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

So this is Collider's list of all the superhero TV shows, ranked worst to best from the recent year.

The Flash ranked at #2, only behind Daredevil. Jessica Jones ranked at #3. :bang:

On The Flash

I guess the writer is taking everything each show has done so far, so not just the most recent seasons.

Even then, Jessica Jones was much better. Kilgrave alone puts it at number two. Nothing gets to Daredevil, in my books anyway. 

the article defies it's own logic right off the bat stating it's a list of the year's comic TV shows - yet it takes season 1-2 into account when jusdging arrow. Flash would get bumped up a bit in my view if the first season was included but if I were to judge them on seasons that aired in the last 12 months I'd go for (omitting ones I haven't watched)

1. Daredevil S2

2. AKA S1

3. Flash S2

4. Arrow S4 (and I'm only ranking it below Flash because I quit the show prior the mid-season break)

I'd probably put "Preacher" at number 3 solely off the strength of the pilot but I guess the article at least sticks to the rules regarding superheros (I guess the voice of God is a superpower though)

The CW shows were so bad this year I'm wary of any comic show coming out over the next year. Walking Dead can also share in the blame too.

17 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Did you not like Jessica Jones or have you just not seen it?

I completed red snow's use of show titles.

39 minutes ago, red snow said:

the article defies it's own logic right off the bat stating it's a list of the year's comic TV shows - yet it takes season 1-2 into account when jusdging arrow. Flash would get bumped up a bit in my view if the first season was included but if I were to judge them on seasons that aired in the last 12 months I'd go for (omitting ones I haven't watched)

1. Daredevil S2

2. AKA Jessica Jones S1

3. Flash S2

4. Arrow S4 (and I'm only ranking it below Flash because I quit the show prior the mid-season break)

I'd probably put "Preacher" at number 3 solely off the strength of the pilot but I guess the article at least sticks to the rules regarding superheros (I guess the voice of God is a superpower though)

The CW shows were so bad this year I'm wary of any comic show coming out over the next year. Walking Dead can also share in the blame too.

3 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Oh, ok.  Sorry, what's AKA stand for? I feel dumb asking but I just don't know.

I guess I'm the only one who found second season of Daredevil a little boring? I know I already hold cable shows and Netflix shows to a higher standard than network shows already.

Also Known As

Archived