The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

Did you not like Jessica Jones or have you just not seen it?

I was just being lazy/using the UK title for Jessica Jones. I was surprised at how many superhero shows I don't watch. Then again I'd need to have a superpower to find/watch "powers"

Well I finally finished it, hated it. I will miss you all. I hated this series but my neurotic need to finish shows means I will be sticking around next series.

I just fucking hate time travel. For it to make any kind of sense in these shows, you need to accept Time as some kind of sentient being. And I'm only just barely on board with the Speed-Force being sentient, and that at least is made up of the energies of living speedsters.

It can't get worse... right?

56 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I hated this series but my neurotic need to finish shows means I will be sticking around next series.

That sounds clinical, you should see a doctor.

7 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I think I'm beyond help, I finished heroes, and heroes reborn.

It might take me a while, but it will not leave my spreadsheet (it started as a chronological order of Buffy/Angel and then spiralled) until I have finished it.

That list does look a bit like someone going "I'm getting paid to shill for The Flash, but putting as the number one show would be a bit obvious".

Jessica Jones' first season was also stronger than Daredevil's second, so just going by most recent offerings it should be number one on that list.

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Great! That means you'll be in charge of keeping us entertained in this thread.

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Can Doctor's prescribe cancelations?

6 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It might take me a while, but it will not leave my spreadsheet (it started as a chronological order of Buffy/Angel and then spiralled) until I have finished it.

You maybe need to hold off starting shows before you start watching them. Then again Flash, Arrow and Heroes all had fun enough first seasons to legitimately start and waiting 2 years before starting a show is problematic as well. The 1 year rule avoids the disappointment of cancellation too - although your condition is on the opposite side of the spectrum.

1 hour ago, Jon AS said:

Great! That means you'll be in charge of keeping us entertained in this thread.

Keep us updated and we can monitor your online mental health. Just don't mislead us into thinking it's back on track unless it genuinely is!

2 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

You know what's a really good show you should check out? Dexter

I'm not falling for that. I heard about that hurricane.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

You maybe need to hold off starting shows before you start watching them. Then again Flash, Arrow and Heroes all had fun enough first seasons to legitimately start and waiting 2 years before starting a show is problematic as well. The 1 year rule avoids the disappointment of cancellation too - although your condition is on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Just don't mislead us into thinking it's back on track unless it genuinely is!

Well I caught up with Arrow halfway through the third when things were already down in the dumps for a while.

I'll do my best to be objective, but bear in mind I do still think AoS is now pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Quoth said:

"And who will watch the watchers...? " :lol:

Indeed.

The Watchmen may be tampering or watching the DCCW shows. It's not Barry's fault it's Dr Manhattan's

Well...I'm still sticking around too.  I'm not saying that the final wasn't just a bit of a mess.  It's also reckless storytelling when you have three (now four) shows all interconnected like they do...UNLESS it's resolved within the first couple of weeks, or it resonates throughout all of the shows.  The issue is that it's such a small scene at the end of one, but it gives them options (not that they'll take them) that brings back Laurel, brings in Supergirl, retracts the nuke from Arrow (I haven't seen that finale yet), etc...

It's either brilliantly reckless or recklessly milk toast.  But I'm still sticking around...

On 31/05/2016 at 5:45 AM, Mandy said:

Oh, ok.  Sorry, what's AKA stand for? I feel dumb asking but I just don't know.

I guess I'm the only one who found second season of Daredevil a little boring? I know I already hold cable shows and Netflix shows to a higher standard than network shows already.

On my second watching, I found the first 4 episodes high paced and brilliant, the Kingpin stuff really good and the remaining part slower paced and less compelling. Still better than most other shows, but not the level they set early. 

AKA = Also known as    It doesn't make much sense in the show to be honest - they were maybe worried that "Jessica Jones" doesn't sound very super hero ad maybe more "Ally Mcbeal/Veronica Mars"? The comics were called "alias" so that might be where the AKA came from. I can't recal if her investigation company was called "Alias investigations" or "AKA investigations" in the show.

16 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well...I'm still sticking around too.  I'm not saying that the final wasn't just a bit of a mess.  It's also reckless storytelling when you have three (now four) shows all interconnected like they do...UNLESS it's resolved within the first couple of weeks, or it resonates throughout all of the shows.  The issue is that it's such a small scene at the end of one, but it gives them options (not that they'll take them) that brings back Laurel, brings in Supergirl, retracts the nuke from Arrow (I haven't seen that finale yet), etc...

It's either brilliantly reckless or recklessly milk toast.  But I'm still sticking around...

I'd be surprised if it has any effect on the other shows other than possibly folding in Supergirl to the family of shows. 1-2 episodes before Barry realises he made a mistake (well he won't admit he made one and see it as him saving the day) and he fixes it. The other shows don't need to reflect the change because it never happened, thanks to time-travel.

They have a couple of months to think about it if they want to use it to change things but I think it's a huge disservive to people who maybe only watch Arrow (possible) or Legends (fairly unlikely). I wouldn't like it if the show I was watching was turned upside down because of something that happened in another show.

I tend to lean towards that assessment as well.  But it would be ballsy if they went there. 

Consequences of folding Supergirl in via this method will help retroactively answer the question of why we've not heard of her or her cousin prior...so there is that...

WOW that was bad. And I hate myself because I swore I wouldn't watch Season 3, but I'm kinda interested to see what they do with Barry's undoing of his mothers death. Nevermind that there should have been three Flash's there as the guy who shook his head and stopped him last time should have been there.......of course, he'll screw things up, and then go back and be headshaky Flash. Hopefully fold in Supergirl in the process, leave things so that things are exactly like they were in Season 1 except with actual original E1 Wells (who we still haven't met yet).

• 2 weeks later...

My main complaint w/ S2 is the same as S1--to much damn melodrama! But I love the fact I'm seeing the multiverse (Earth 2!!) and Zoom and Jay Garrick that I forgive all that melodrama and intermittently mediocre acting. However, I cannot bingewatch this series--one or two episodes max at a time.

And after that S2 finale I watched the Flashpoint Paradox animated film and was blown away by the alternate timeline stuff. I'm even digging into the comic crossover now. I'm sure the really cool stuff with Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Aquaman wont be in S3 but maybe they'll do some crossover stuff where Barry's actions alter Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow--which might actually get me to watch those series.

3 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

My main complaint w/ S2 is the same as S1--to much damn melodrama! But I love the fact I'm seeing the multiverse (Earth 2!!) and Zoom and Jay Garrick that I forgive all that melodrama and intermittently mediocre acting. However, I cannot bingewatch this series--one or two episodes max at a time.

And after that S2 finale I watched the Flashpoint Paradox animated film and was blown away by the alternate timeline stuff. I'm even digging into the comic crossover now. I'm sure the really cool stuff with Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Aquaman wont be in S3 but maybe they'll do some crossover stuff where Barry's actions alter Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow--which might actually get me to watch those series.

Flashpoint paradox and the vast majority of the comic "flashpoint" are excellent. Sadly I don't expect them to carry any of that over into the TV series. Like you said the focus will be on melodrama with characters being dead or behaving differently. No doubt Captain Cold would be a hero and if we were really lucky we'd maybe get some mention of Grodd having taken over a chunk of the world. Most of the good stuff from the comics they can't really touch eg Amazons vs Atlanteans is integral to the story but both are off-the-table for the show. I guess they could do their usual Arrow-is-Batman and steal his story line by having

Olly's dad survive while Olly dies on the boat resulting in a Olly's dad Arrow

Has their been any mention by the producers they'd do a line-wide crossover of this though? I can see us getting 1-2 episodes of the Flash in an alt-future but it still seems highly unfair on viewers of the other shows (especially Supergirl) to start the new season in an alternate world.

On 6/14/2016 at 8:38 AM, red snow said:

Flashpoint paradox and the vast majority of the comic "flashpoint" are excellent. Sadly I don't expect them to carry any of that over into the TV series. Like you said the focus will be on melodrama with characters being dead or behaving differently. No doubt Captain Cold would be a hero and if we were really lucky we'd maybe get some mention of Grodd having taken over a chunk of the world. Most of the good stuff from the comics they can't really touch eg Amazons vs Atlanteans is integral to the story but both are off-the-table for the show. I guess they could do their usual Arrow-is-Batman and steal his story line by having

Reveal hidden contents

Olly's dad survive while Olly dies on the boat resulting in a Olly's dad Arrow

Has their been any mention by the producers they'd do a line-wide crossover of this though? I can see us getting 1-2 episodes of the Flash in an alt-future but it still seems highly unfair on viewers of the other shows (especially Supergirl) to start the new season in an alternate world.

Very good point about Grodd in this alternate timeline! Also, you could be right on the money about Arrow being a substitute for Batman's FLASHPOINT storyline. Even though that's one of the main reasons I dislike Arrow, I could get behind it in this instance just to see...

Drunk Punisher-Batman, aka Thomas Wayne, on screen in some capacity. I think he's my new favorite alternate timeline character.However, the whole electric chair scene will likely be with alternate timeline Harrison Wells. Actually, I'm wondering if that we'll see that and a powerless Barry in the altered timeline because we already got that shit this season with Zoom. Hmm. Not sure how they'd work in all that and keep it fresh...

Also, you gotta figure they'll use this as an excuse to bring back Laurel Lance on Arrow.

And as for Super Girl, she's already in another universe (Earth 3? 4?) so Barry's actions shouldn't touch that show at all in Supergirl S2. However, we definitely should see repercussions in DC Legends & Arrow. I haven't finished watching DC Legends S1 yet, but you'd think they could really get into the FLASHPOINT war stuff in that series.

Archived