The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

11 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Just in time for S3, Honest Trailers have done one of their TV episodes:

That was good fun. Hadn't noticed the recycled running (makes sense) and the dreaded bobble-head. Glad they pointed out the weird relationship between Iris and Barry. I also agree (until season 2) that despite being terrible on paper it was actually really good.

8 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Pretty sure those who detract will have the same detractions...but the first couple scenes with Barry and Reverse Flash were well done.

It was an interesting start to the season...

I recorded it but I will try and remain strong and avoid until there's a few episodes and hopefully some buzz. I think it would be a sin to watch while I still have episodes of Luke Cage to view :)

I debated watching it. (Ha. See what I did there?) and finally caved. It was frustrating to watch. Of course, now that Barry "fixed everything" and "gained back all RV took from him", Everything quickly goes to pot and he realizes he has to re-fix (de-fix...? dis-fix...? un-fix...?) everything. And it gets done in, of course, a very angst ridden way. "Say it. I want to hear you say it." :rolleyes: Well, sorta gets done... (OMG! Tune in next week!) *sigh* Is there a website devoted to how many alternate timelines and worlds this show has/will generate/generates?

And still, no Mirror Master, FFS. I mean, Gotham now has an at least two-parter featuring the Mad Hatter. Yes, the goddamn Mad Hatter. Christ on a hover board. But do we get even a B story with MM?! No.

Short answer to both, who knows? The effects of the latest "restoration" weren't fully explored. But it seems that there's a difference with the "newest" Iris' storyline. And, in the scant minute or so since it happened, we've yet to see  Barry use any super speed. So, it's possible he's not fast anymore. (Oh, nos!)

1 hour ago, red snow said:

so does this mean Arrow etc won't be reflecting the world Barry restored/created?

Said effects were said to be something that would be there, but reasons...it might very well be how they bring Laurel back on Arrow...but supposedly if you look for them, there are some alterations on the other shows.

4 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Yeah, this was lame. Seems to me they realized the Flashpoint thing was a bad idea- or that they were forced to drop it because of the other shows.

that's quite a let-down. Maybe they are saving it for the crossover event but it still seems like a wasted opportunity.

50 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Said effects were said to be something that would be there, but reasons...it might very well be how they bring Laurel back on Arrow...but supposedly if you look for them, there are some alterations on the other shows.

or in other words "if you spot any continuity errors, it's because of the Flash"

44 minutes ago, red snow said:

that's quite a let-down. Maybe they are saving it for the crossover event but it still seems like a wasted opportunity.

or in other words "if you spot any continuity errors, it's because of the Flash"

I'm fairly certain they said Flashpoint wouldn't be wrapped neatly with a bow in one week.  The ending certainly bore this out.  I thought they said it would be at least three episodes, but they could not/would not drag it longer because of the other shows.  

The ripples are likely coming because of the end of the premiere, rather than the initial Flashpoint itself.

I totally missed why he undid everything? So he was forgetting the old timeline......isn't that still preferable to both his parents being dead? Feels like something as significant as Flashpoint needs something far worse to happen, I think Joe was the only one who had a worse life.

It was a bit ordinary for an opener, like they tried to force a regular villain of the week plot over the situation they created. But still fun I guess, the actor playing Thawne has been fairly underused and the Ramon Industries stuff was funny. I have a bad feeling that the way this all gets folded together through the Arrowverse  is gonna be disappointing though.

I thought the most interesting bit was how Barry really did appear like the villain RV was accusing him of being when the latter was in his cage.  It almost lulls me into thinking that maybe the writers are aware of how they're depicting Barry and maybe have a plan.  Then came the pep talk and I switched channels.

(then I switched back again.)

Oh my god the Melodrama (capital letter required.) I forgot how overblown this show was. And we barely get an episode in this universe? They didn't really build up the consequences at all. So he'd forget his shitty old life... oh noes... he still has powers can still save people.

I'm not going to complain about the time travel never making sense, because we're well beyond that. But the big cliffhanger was that Iris isn't chummy with her dad? That's it?

45 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I'm not going to complain about the time travel never making sense, because we're well beyond that. But the big cliffhanger was that Iris isn't chummy with her dad? That's it?

Well...it certainly showed that things weren't actually back to normal...

8 hours ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Then came the pep talk and I switched channels.

I properly LOL'd at that cos Iris sounded exactly like Mr Burns from the softball episode; "...so I want you to remember some inspiring things that someone else may have told you in the course of your lives and go out there and win".

Archived