The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

43 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Do you think the CW is going to try to set things up to meld Supergirl-verse with Flash-Arrow-verse so that sometime down the track all the CW DC heroes will live on the same earth?

I think they ultimately want to do a version of Crisis...why else play with the multiverse...but they're doing Invasion first and I suspect that it'll be Wells and the others playing with the various worlds will garner the attention of the Dominators from Supergirl's Earth leading to a crossover...

• 1 month later...

Was there a new thread?  Maybe not...

While not 100% perfect time, the big Crossover Event tonight in the first real part was a hell of a lot of fun. 

I like, that they aren't shying away from Flashpoint having happened either.

Bring on episode 100 of Arrow tomorrow night!

I agree it was fun, but what's up with throwing aliens all of a sudden in the Flash/Arrow verse. I expect a Green Lantern now, at least, to come into this universe. And based on the aliens themselves, did anyone else keep expecting XCOM references? Cisco disappointed me in that regard. :P

27 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I agree it was fun, but what's up with throwing aliens all of a sudden in the Flash/Arrow verse. I expect a Green Lantern now, at least, to come into this universe. And based on the aliens themselves, did anyone else keep expecting XCOM references? Cisco disappointed me in that regard. :P

Well...one could argue Flashpoint altered things to bring aliens into the universe...or it could simple be that they've always been there, just not revealed on Earth previously...

Green Lantern was a hinted at easter egg already, at least there was a flight jacket with the name "Jordan" on it, though it could have been Arrow...but he's out there in the Arrowverse...

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't think she waited.  I think she just left. 

Yea, plus there's a whole can of worms there.......if Supergirl's universe is #36, how many other Supergirls are there? Why not bring 20 just to be in the safe side? How many worse crises are there going on across the multiverse that they should be helping out with? I think they dealt with it well, call in Earth One's Finest, and seeing as she happens to owe you a favour, Supergirl. I have a feeling this will turn out to be the exact right amount of heroes.

I can't figure out how they deal with these crossovers so well compared to the individual series.....how does having over a dozen heroes from four shows and a bunch of loose ends (Flashpoint, Barry's message etc) mean they can suddenly write so much better? Then back to their respective shows, it's less fun, much lazier writing, falling back on tired tropes. This was probably the best episode of any of the shows this season at least. I guess they just know they have to bring their A game to these things. Plus, I guess it'd get old if these characters were interacting all the time, it's just good to get fresh character match ups every now and then.

Seems a bit too convenient how the only times Ollie has ever been in mortal danger are when Barry's around to rescue him. Plus, I'd be so pissed if I was Wally and my sister wouldn't even let me in the room. Freakin' Felicity, Caitlin, Iris herself, all in there for the banter, but Wally, go home? I'd be all 'fuck that, I'm fighting aliens'. 

If I were Barry, I'd probably make use of that abberation-detecting-computer they've got going on on the Waverider.......reckon it might shed some light on what exactly went wrong with his attempt to fix Flashpoint.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Can someone reply to this post and tell me if the show is worth watching this season.  Not Jaxom, I know she loves the show always. Maybe someone who hated it alongside me last year but is still watching this year.  

She? You wound me.

I thought I'd maybe try out the crossover but so far I haven't looked bad on ditching the DCCW verse this year. I'll try and watch some just in case I'm missing out but based on the one my brother was watching (there was a hipster Wells who knew nothing about science and a hologram monster) I think I'm safe.

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Can someone reply to this post and tell me if the show is worth watching this season.  Not Jaxom, I know she loves the show always. Maybe someone who hated it alongside me last year but is still watching this year.  

It's a marked improvement on S2, not sure where I'd place it alongside S1. On the one hand, the villain is looking a little......well, he's basically fast. Again. I've got a feeling Barry will have to run *even faster* this season. On the other, he's created this alternate timeline which actually looks like it'll stick, and a lot of people think he's a bit of a jerk, so that's satisfying to see after we spent last year whining that he was a massive jerk. There's even a new character (Draco Malfoy) who's entire purpose is that he thinks Barry's a dick.

The Flash part of the crossover was a great episode, and I've been enjoying Legends far more this season. Those two are massively propping up the DCTVU though, Arrow is still pretty dire and Supergirl (to the limited extent that's it part of this......the DCTVMV if you will) was good when Superman was in it, middling to meh since then.

Yeah, Barry is being raked over the coals for his BS (though, like I said, I thought Ollie had a point when easing up on Barry; there's also still the question of just exactly how much of the changes Barry is responsible for),in a way that the show has never done before.

Also, I quite liked the previous ep that focused on Caitlin and her struggle with her powers (She really gave it to Barry there.)

I'm trying to keep an open mind on having an evil speedster who looks like movie Megatron, and I quite like Julian (Tom Felton) who ragged on Barry before anyone else did.

ETA:

Apparently, I'm liking this season largely 'cause Barry is being called on his crap without Joe going on about this is what a hero does.

Thought it was a pretty good mid season wrap up. I've gotten to like Tom Felton in this role. Glad he's been "adopted" into the family. Snow's snow was a nice "aww!" moment. On the down side, just when I'm starting to like Iris... *sigh* Hope they have a damn good resolution for that! 

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I don't get why they persist in using a big bad that's a speedster. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with something different.

I read an interesting theory as to Savitar's identity the other day.  That article was still fresh in my mind watching last night, and as the hour played out, I am convinced that it's a solid theory.  

Spoiler

Savitar is Barry.  Loosely based on a Flash comic arc called, "Out of Time"...

Archived