The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

Seriously, Barry is the worst.  

From previous thread:

39 minutes ago, Leofric said:

The meta human detector thing on everyone's wrist was annoying me.   

First, Iris-2's detector goes off when she gets close to Barry, but she dismisses it.   Then everyone in Joe-2's lounge audience has their detector go off when Killer Frost and Deathstorm show up, even though Barry has been sitting there the whole time with nothing happening.   Cisco and Barry walk into the police station and nothing happens.  And finally Iris-2 is wandering in the warehouse with Cisco and Barry, but again the detector doesn't go off until Killer Frost and Deathstorm come in.  Do these only detect meta humans with evil intent?

They could hand wave it away as saying Earth-1's meta humans are on a different frequency, but then they shouldn't have had the detector go off for Barry in his first meeting with Iris-2.

OK so Supergirl is in one of the flash by images during the journey to Earth 2. Strongly implies either Supergirl IS on Earth 3, or there's some altered reality shit that goes on while Flash is on Earth 1.

I think it's pretty clear that Supergirl is not set in the same universe as The Flash. The episode featuring Barry crossing over to that show will probably make it explicit.

2 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

I think it's pretty clear that Supergirl is not set in the same universe as The Flash. The episode featuring Barry crossing over to that show will probably make it explicit.

That we saw her in the transfer I think was meant to confirm that it is a different Earth...I really think it's meant to set up some sort of Crisis event.  I suspect the moment CBS/WB decide to play ball, or Supergirl gets canceled, they'll move to the Crisis story to help wrap up her story. 

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Ha.  I hadn't even caught the glitch with the detectors...

I put it down to the required stupidity of the episode. I'm started to wonder if there's a "rule-book" to what must be in each episode. Nonsensical science logic? check. Emotionally stunted/ignorant Flash? Check. Nothing for Caitlin to do? Check.

50 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

46 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That we saw her in the transfer I think was meant to confirm that it is a different Earth...I really think it's meant to set up some sort of Crisis event.  I suspect the moment CBS/WB decide to play ball, or Supergirl gets canceled, they'll move to the Crisis story to help wrap up her story. 

That was my take home too. Otherwise  Barry's dad was also the Flash. It might make sense as his biological father as a compulsive liar would make sense.

I'm pretty sure the actress playing Supergirl is safe for a job regardless of how her own show fares. A refugee from another reality would play neatly into Flash.

7 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'm pretty sure the actress playing Supergirl is safe for a job regardless of how her own show fares. A refugee from another reality would play neatly into Flash.

From what I've seen of it, she's the best thing about that show. I'm not sure The Flash could afford her for more than a few episodes, though, both in terms of paying her and the impact having someone with her powerset and morals around would have.

I'm also not very well versed in DC lore, but wouldn't being a refugee from another reality technically make her Power Girl?

17 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

From what I've seen of it, she's the best thing about that show. I'm not sure The Flash could afford her for more than a few episodes, though, both in terms of paying her and the impact having someone with her powerset and morals around would have.

I'm also not very well versed in DC lore, but wouldn't being a refugee from another reality technically make her Power Girl?

In a sense it would as I think out of the many versions of Powergirl's history one was she was the supergirl of another earth. We'll have to keep an eye out for boob window costume change.

Barry would have to lock her up if she got in his way with moral judgements. Then he could complain how she made him do it and Joe could slap him on the back and fully support him.

Good title btw Dr Pepper

Random thought on how Jay Garrick might not be as useless as he appears: he's a mole for Zoom who was promised he'd get his speed back if he helped get Barry to the point Zoom wants him to be.

That still leaves some issues (like Jay essentially telling Team Flash what Zoom wants the moment he introduces himself to them), but by the standards of this show it's not too bad, I think. Still wouldn't make all his screentime so far any more interesting, though.

3 minutes ago, red snow said:

In a sense it would as I think out of the many versions of Powergirl's history one was she was the supergirl of another earth.

Oh, multiple origin stories. I was only vaguely familiar with the parallel universe thing.

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

We'll have to keep an eye out for boob window costume change.

Finally an opportunity for DC's TV shows to get into a direct competition with Fox's X-Men universe.

6 minutes ago, red snow said:

Barry would have to lock her up if she got in his way with moral judgements. Then he could complain how she made him do it and Joe could slap him on the back and fully support him.

That would be a convenient way of writing her out of the show after her guest appearance.;)

Sort of how Deathstroke will probably never feature on Arrow again despite not being dead.

The problem with theorizing about who's who and what's what this season is that it seems very apparent that they are just making it up as they go.  I'm not even sure they started the season with any idea who Zoom would be.  We should have already found out.  

I hope I don't have to watch Supergirl to follow the crossover.  I can't stomach that show.  Though, I think it will be hilarious if Barry tries to lock up Supergirl because he's a morally bankrupt piece of shit.  

9 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm not even sure they started the season with any idea who Zoom would be.  We should have already found out.

Yeah, I've been doubtful about that as well. I think this two-parter has to establish Zoom's identity.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I hope I don't have to watch Supergirl to follow the crossover.

It's supposed to be a one-sided crossover, with Barry appearing on her show but not vice versa. I doubt even the Flash writers are silly enough to put important arc material in this kind of episode. Plus the Supergirl production team presumably will have a vested interest in keeping their show about their own protagonist.;)

Actually, I think they had an idea of what they wanted to do with Zoom when they started. I think they even knew who he was. I just don't think they've stuck to that plan. 

I also agree that they really need to reveal the identity very soon and resolve the story. 

I was disappointed at the rate they killed off the Earth-2 doppelgängers. The whole Earth-1 storyline this week was superfluous. Jay could have admitted what really happened at anytime this series and the outcome would have been the same.

Are we meant to know who the guy in the mask tapping was? (Anyone know morse code? Was he saying something?)

On 10 February 2016 at 11:48 PM, Jon AS said:

It's supposed to be a one-sided crossover, with Barry appearing on her show but not vice versa. I doubt even the Flash writers are silly enough to put important arc material in this kind of episode. Plus the Supergirl production team presumably will have a vested interest in keeping their show about their own protagonist.;)

I'm no expert, but it seemed far too small a window between finding out Gustin would appear on it (I'm assuming they couldn't keep that a secret?) and these Earth 2 episodes airing for it to be written in? But I suppose they must have. Maybe Barry just gets delayed on the way back and then turns up all "you wouldn't believe me if I told you lol" and they figured they'd work out the details later on Supergirl. 

Anyone catch all the other scenes in the wormhole thingy? I caught the 90's Flash series, what looked like someone in a Green Arrow suit but couldn't make out who (Roy maybe?), and Supergirl. The second half I didn't catch any though.

Dunno if we're even bothering mentioning Barry's moral lapses anymore, but knocking E2 Barry out and keeping him captive? No discussion, just 'I know, I'll grab him and electrocute him'. OK.

9 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I'm no expert, but it seemed far too small a window between finding out Gustin would appear on it (I'm assuming they couldn't keep that a secret?) and these Earth 2 episodes airing for it to be written in? But I suppose they must have. Maybe Barry just gets delayed on the way back and then turns up all "you wouldn't believe me if I told you lol" and they figured they'd work out the details later on Supergirl.

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

10 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Anyone catch all the other scenes in the wormhole thingy? I caught the 90's Flash series, what looked like someone in a Green Arrow suit but couldn't make out who (Roy maybe?), and Supergirl. The second half I didn't catch any though.

Alternate Green Arrow had darker skin. There was also a gorilla (presumably Grodd), a guy with a gun (supposedly Jonah Hex, who's scheduled to show up on Legends) and apparently a Legion of Superheroes ring (I know virtually nothing about this group).

12 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Dunno if we're even bothering mentioning Barry's moral lapses anymore, but knocking E2 Barry out and keeping him captive? No discussion, just 'I know, I'll grab him and electrocute him'. OK.

He seemed really pleased with himself as he was tasering Barry2.

16 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

It was Supergirl, older Oliver from Legends, Hex, Grodd, and a Legion Ring...the Legion Ring could mean we'll get a XS appearance at some point...

Be ready for the Flash in Supergirl to be an, at least slightly, older version of Barry. That the crossover isn't specifically set during his fight with Zoom...that's my guess...after he's learned to better control crossing over...

47 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.

Eh, just looked into it and never mind. It felt like quite recently that we learnt the crossover was happening at all, and I didn't think there was enough time to have written these E2 episodes with the crossover in mind (assuming it was supposed to be in this window that Barry visits Supergirl). But actually it was like three months ago so I guess they did.

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

He seemed really pleased with himself as he was tasering Barry2.

Cisco at least had a moment of clarity in calling him out on it, not that it made any difference. It's not like Cisco doesn't like gloating in front of unlawfully imprisoned people on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Everything was fine till the moment Barry turned into entitled brat who claims every Joe and Iris in infinite number of universes "his".

Yeah, he also has precedent over every other version of him because he's called his earth "earth 1"

On 11/02/2016 at 4:35 PM, The BlackBear said:

I was disappointed at the rate they killed off the Earth-2 doppelgängers. The whole Earth-1 storyline this week was superfluous. Jay could have admitted what really happened at anytime this series and the outcome would have been the same.

Are we meant to know who the guy in the mask tapping was? (Anyone know morse code? Was he saying something?)

He looked a lot like Xorn from X-men but I doubt it was him. I think some suspect he may be Psycho Pirate a character that was a key element in the Crisis storyline (think he could see all the alternate earths but I'm maybe thinking of his appearance in some of the Trippy Morrison stories afterwards).

@DaveSumm They could have edited the supergirl image days before airing. It's one of those things that could or couldn't have been in the show and certainly didn't have to be in the script while they were filming. If Gotham had announced a cross-over they could have stuck a scene from that in the tunnel. I was hoping they'd throw in the DCAU but they maybe thought an animated universe was too trippy?

Archived