The Flash - Alleged Superhero

Dr. Pepper

I'll still be watching...I'm just more forgiving I guess...

I thought the opening moments actually ramped up the menace...Zoom let scary...though the pulling back, well, that had to be expected. 

Who did call Jay as Zoom?  I can't remember who my own guess was...but I'm not calling Likely Jay In the Mask to be a time traveller, but another Universe Jay...something to help open up the further multiverse.  Why is he in a mask? Who the hell knows...

We still don't know that Jay is Zoom, we just know that the man in the mask is probably Jay. I mean, he probably is Zoom, but I kind of feel like this could be some misdirection, maybe I'm just hoping the writers aren't a shitty as it's looking like it's going to be.

How does Flash get back to save the man in the mask when all portals are closed? What a shitty thing to promise.

I'm guessing Killer Frost is dead. I dunno if anyone of her character would do anything that would unequivocally betray Zoom and thus guarantee her death unless she thought she could actually kill Zoom. With the bringing them to his lair if she got caught she could always do what she initially did which is to claim she did it to help Zoom, since she pretty much did help Zoom, until she decided not to. A person like killer frost would have cut her losses. While she's no doubt pissed and grieving at losing Ronnie, her love for her own life continuing overrides any sort of serious risk as taking revenge.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

How is Jay Zoom? Zoom is the velocity addict and he came all the way to [his] Earth 2 on the off chance that he might find a cure for his deterioration by making upgrades to velocity 6?

I mean, it does actually make sense that Zoom would be stealing people speed if he is sick and needs a speed transplant of sorts in order to keep his powers.

Wow, I generally give Barry a pass for his idiocy, but I actually shouted "you fucking idiot!" during "Welcome to Earth 2."

Seriously, if I were Harrison Wells, I would have just straight up shot him with speed incapacitator, locked his ass up, and tried to save my daughter myself. What a goddam waste of space.  

Loved the Easter eggs and alt versions of the characters, but they only momentarily distracted me from how fucking terrible Barry is at being the Flash. Please writers, make him better at his goddam job. The actor is good, but the writers keep making him do absolutely shit things. 

Hopefully "Escape from Earth 2" will be a little better in that regard. 

Just caught up (been moving home). This was a treat.

The highlight for me was the 60s of golden TV was somewhere spelling out "Jay" in tap code when the first fucking letter would have sufficed. Mindblowing stupidity on mask guy's part.

I got a good laugh at Jon's suggestion of a pep-talk play-list for Barry. I also like how all his problems are solved by trying to go faster - it would have been refreshing for him to go slower or something for a change.

I don't know if CW are considering any more DC shows but I for one would glad watch "Jay and Laurel: World's finest" where every week they totally fail at doing something.

On 17/02/2016 at 0:58 PM, Selysin said:

I like how they stop using the illegal prison as soon as Barry is on Earth 2. 

If Barry had just rescued the other prisoner instead of arguing about it they might have managed to get out before Zoom arrived.

Maybe we never see all the scenes where the rest of team flash are terrified of Barry? Maybe the whole show is from BArry's twisted POV and everyone surrounding him lives in terror? The only flaw in that is how they brought him back from Earth-2. Then again they probably know he can cross dimensional by himself as long as someone tells him to belive in himself first.

They could even tie it in to the speed force being evil with the Jay revelations and that the same has happened to BArry (because e2 barry is nice). After all, everyone else hit by the energy wave is evil so it would fit with the show's mythology.

On 17/02/2016 at 7:07 AM, Jon AS said:

And they really just locked up Barry2 and forgot about him for a whole day. Our heroes.

But careful Barry, Iris' new editor is on to you!

I'm looking forward to the episode where they imprison the Editor in one of the cells for the "good of the city".

Earth-2 must be quite docile by nature as I can't think of any other explanation for why Iris and BArry2 were so cool with BArry's actions. A slap at least would have been nice.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

Maybe we never see all the scenes where the rest of team flash are terrified of Barry? Maybe the whole show is from BArry's twisted POV and everyone surrounding him lives in terror?

I like that. Cisco did builld that cold gun to stop him, after all, and had to do a bit of groveling to get back into Barry's good graces.

And maybe Zoom didn't start out evil, he just felt he needed to go to extreme lengths to stop Barry, because in the future he will spread his tyrannical rule throughout the multiverse.

38 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

I like that. Cisco did builld that cold gun to stop him, after all, and had to do a bit of groveling to get back into Barry's good graces.

And maybe Zoom didn't start out evil, he just felt he needed to go to extreme lengths to stop Barry, because in the future he will spread his tyrannical rule throughout the multiverse.

It does add an interesting spin especially when I'm scratching my head at why the character behaves in such an evil way without anyone else really noticing.

Zoom as the hero fits too.

6 hours ago, red snow said:

Great news - the actor playing Jay Garrick has been cast in the new season of 24! Hopefully we'll never see him again after this season. It's probably for the best for the actor too.

One Jay down, two more to go.  

Huh. Good ep; wasn't  expecting  that, though I'm  not gonna ask how Sharknado  managed to wander around  in the suburbs unnoticed (if they spouted some gibberish about how, I don't  wanna know).

Eta

I'm  not letting my guard down though. Any day now, I'm  expecting a love triangle to develop between Barry, Wally, and Iris. :angry:

Really fun, you clearly can't go wrong with ridiculous CGI villains on this show.

Oh, and Barry is developing a conscience! Cisco on the other hand was an arse. Sure, it's kind of suspicious that anyone should be grieving for Jay, but still, let Caitlyn figure things out on her own. No need to assume she's going to turn into a murderous sociopath just because she's a little distant.

3 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

One Jay down, two more to go.  

At least. I guess some of them could be called Hunter.

1 hour ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Huh. Good ep; wasn't  expecting  that, though I'm  not gonna ask how Sharknado  managed to wander around  in the suburbs unnoticed (if they spouted some gibberish about how, I don't  wanna know).

I assume that the people of Central City just ignore the weirdness of the week unless it's threatening them personally.

I'm  not letting my guard down though. Any day now, I'm  expecting a love triangle to develop between Barry, Wally, and Iris. :angry:

To be fair, Barry hooking up with the sibling he didn't grow up with would make a lot more sense.

I'd never have considered this but given the show it's possible in a "look it's real incest vs very uncomfortable living as siblings most of their lives". I'm sure Joe would be fully supportive.

I kind of lost attention for 10 minutes in the episode from the point the shark attacked so didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of you. Nothing really offended me though.

Cisco was behaving stupidly. The thing was the whole thing could have been fixed with a scene where Cisco admits he's more worried about him becoming his evil self. If this was a quality show we could assume this was the case (Breaking Bad and the wire don't have to tell us what's going on beneath the surface all the time)

Everyone seemed to be behaving like they'd suffered far more than the previous 2 parter suggested but it's about time Barry took a look at himself. Shame he didn't think it was bad form kidnapping himself too. Small steps.

I like the scene where Joe explains to Wally just how evil Barry could have been. I put this scene into my alternative viewing experience of Barry actually being evil.

Favourite moment was seeing Diggle pep talk Barry. Considering that's pretty much Diggle's role in Arrow it's like a shot of nitro into approvement-seeking Barry. It's probably why he decided to put a constant reminder of Jay's death to inspire them. Batman would be proud. I was surprised at how little of a shit I gave when they tried to promote Arrow. Something happened to Felicity? Followed by me thinking "it won't last", instantly followed by Diggle saying "she's better now". Cool, thanks for the catch-up.

The Zoom reveal was good (who was the person who called it ages ago?). Hopefully it's not just doppelgangers or at least involves scenarios where Zoom was pretending to be "useless" Jay.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I'd never have considered this but given the show it's possible in a "look it's real incest vs very uncomfortable living as siblings most of their lives". I'm sure Joe would be fully supportive.

Nah, I think the writers are totally invested in the idea that biological bonds trump everything else, they won't go there.

Cisco was behaving stupidly. The thing was the whole thing could have been fixed with a scene where Cisco admits he's more worried about him becoming his evil self. If this was a quality show we could assume this was the case (Breaking Bad and the wire don't have to tell us what's going on beneath the surface all the time)

Cisco has definitely shown more signs that he could become villainous than she has.

Favourite moment was seeing Diggle pep talk Barry.

"Hey guys, most of our characters are dangerously close to their recommended pep talk limit, let's bring Diggle over so he can shoulder some of the weight."

I was surprised at how little of a shit I gave when they tried to promote Arrow. Something happened to Felicity? Followed by me thinking "it won't last", instantly followed by Diggle saying "she's better now". Cool, thanks for the catch-up.

You're so heartless. Barry would approve.

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Nah, I think the writers are totally invested in the idea that biological bonds trump everything else, they won't go there.

Cisco has definitely shown more signs that he could become villainous than she has.

"Hey guys, most of our characters are dangerously close to their recommended pep talk limit, let's bring Diggle over so he can shoulder some of the weight."

You're so heartless. Barry would approve.

Yeah, I don't think Caitlyn is anywhere near as proactive about throwing people in cells and gloating over them - or building weapons that could kill her friends. I'm guessing cisco will wig out again the next time his powers develop and he'll try not to use them for fear of becoming (more) evil.

Barry certainly would approve. I mean what's Felicity's problem? He called her twice and she's so busy recovering/whatever that she can't find time for Barry. He needs to end that relationship or run over there and demand answers.

It was pretty solid. There will always be issues. Some you guys will likely never forgive, but that's all good. It feels like the last couple episodes, in small ways, they've attempted a course correction with Barry and attitude.

The Zoom reveal was what I expected,  just the timing caught me off guard.

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I wonder whether they kept it so late in the season because they actually wanted to go another route and had Jay only as a backup option.

It kind of works in the episode, because it deals with Jay's untimely demise. Jay may have been a rather forgettable character, but obviously to the main cast he wasn't a random casualty to be forgotten by the end of the episode.

And then at the end we are shown that, even if we as the audience maybe won't remember him, in some way, Jay will always be with us.

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It was pretty solid. There will always be issues. Some you guys will likely never forgive, but that's all good. It feels like the last couple episodes, in small ways, they've attempted a course correction with Barry and attitude.

we don't forgive, just like BArry.

58 minutes ago, Jon AS said:

I wonder whether they kept it so late in the season because they actually wanted to go another route and had Jay only as a backup option.

It kind of works in the episode, because it deals with Jay's untimely demise. Jay may have been a rather forgettable character, but obviously to the main cast he wasn't a random casualty to be forgotten by the end of the episode.

And then at the end we are shown that, even if we as the audience maybe won't remember him, in some way, Jay will always be with us.

They were maybe waiting to see if Barry's dad or the guy who played Eddie Thawne were ever going to be available again.

Archived