Let's Get Kraken

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child being Published as a Book

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rcollins said:

I wonder if it's going to be adapted as a novel or just published as a play.

Dude, come on, it says which in the title.

Interesting move. Publishing the scrip basically means kids able to actually act out the play in their back yard with their friends. I'm sure the copyright holders will swiftly snuff out any attempts to put the play on publicly, but it won't stop kids from doing it in private. Kind of exciting.

Oh, c'mon, what about my Bill and Fleur spin off? Ancient tombs. Mummies. Curses. Traps. Creatures. It's basically Indiana Jones with magic and a hot french chick. And General Hux. 

I even had a title for it: "The Curse Breakers and the [insert somewhat well-known mythological relic here]"

It's a good thing that they're doing, since almost all fans can't afford to go to London to watch a play. I wish it was a proper story instead of just a script, but I'll count my blessings :)

It's a good thing that they're doing, since almost all fans can't afford to go to London to watch a play. I wish it was a proper story instead of just a script, but I'll count my blessings [emoji4]

I prefer it being a script, actually, or we'd have months and months of I prefer the book vs. I prefer the play... And, besides, it was born as a play, and turning that to a book is even harder than vice versa.

8 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Yes! (But maybe with a bit less mummies)

I also wouldn't say no to a Charlie spin off. Or any spin off, really. To be honest, Redmayne sort of killed my interest in FBaWtFT, I just can't stand him.

I am so behind on Potter stuff. I didn't even realise Fantastic Beasts is now a movie.

What are the chances of Cursed Child not being made into a movie? Seriously, a play can be turned into a move almost verbatim so it seems like publishing the script in book form is really just a promo for the inevitable movie. The big question is whether to use the og cast or completely recast the whole thing. 

well its what...18ish years after the last one? so they can wait 10 year or so and then get the og cast back when most of their careers have failed.

On 2/11/2016 at 6:39 PM, Darth Richard II said:

well its what...18ish years after the last one? so they can wait 10 year or so and then get the og cast back when most of their careers have failed.

Spoiler

caustic-christians.jpg

Edited by Rcollins

Did anyone here buy this at midnight and then do a late night reading of the script?

All I've heard today so far is Spoil it for me and you die and OMG ITS A PLAY?( Seriously I've been telling people that since it was announced and its like the idea refuses to stick in their brain, I've literally told one person 6 times and they still think it's a fucking new book).

I Can't imagine what the midnight sales were like, with the combination of people finding out its not book 8 and shitheads performing it in the asile.

I purchased it at a midnight release party but having read all the details of the play previously did not stay up to read it.  I'll probably read through it this week though.

That shit was awesome!!!!  Rocked me to the core!! Incredible Story!!!  I always thought the plot from Prisoner of Azkaban could be taken further and used again in a different way.  #ilovescorpio :)