New Season 6 Stills

Westeros

HBO has released 20 brand new images from the forthcoming season 6, featuring a number of the key actors in the series, as well as one new-ish addition in the form of the legendary Max von Sydow in the role of the “Three-Eyed Raven”. While we’re working on getting them into our gallery, you can find them all at the official Making Game of Thrones website.

Here’s a sample of the images:

Macall B. Polay/HBO  Helen Sloan /HBO

Given that HBO’s new big series, Martin Scorsese’s and Mick Jagger’s Vinyl, is premiering this Sunday, this photo release does make it feel as if the first official season 6 trailer for Game of Thrones could well be making an appearance this weekend.

Game of Thrones, season 6 premieres April 24th.

Visit the Site!

22 minutes ago, Richard Writhen said:

That's the biggest surprise here for me. I didn't know he could even extricate himself from those roots ...

It should be a vision, and the screenshot that was released some time ago riding a donkey too. It looks like Christmas Carol, like The teacher is showing the past of Winterfell, probably

Melisandre's still makes it out to be her leaving the wall, which I hope isn't the case because of you-know-what...

The one i can't get over in how much more older Bran looks! Started to look older than the age he is meant to be portraying (which I'm sure is now 10 in the books, but idk about the series). To be fair, so is Maisie and Sophie

I'm hoping the trailer is realises soon, so i have something to fan over for 2 months

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

It should be a vision, and the screenshot that was released some time ago riding a donkey too. It looks like Christmas Carol, like The teacher is showing the past of Winterfell, probably

So you're saying it's probably some form of psychological projection. Possible ...

12 minutes ago, Seven-Eyed Crow said:

omg, I think Sansa might a Stark/Bolton in her... hahahaha I did not see that coming at all.

oh, RR MARTIN, how you still get us :(

Ehhh George's Sansa is in the Vale far far away from any Bolton plot lines.  I wouldn't take anything that happens this season to seriously. 

Wow the actor who played Bran has gotten old and Balon is still alive? 

16 minutes ago, Seven-Eyed Crow said:

omg, I think Sansa might a Stark/Bolton in her... hahahaha I did not see that coming at all.

oh, RR MARTIN, how you still get us :(

That would be awful. Trying to fit Sansa&Son (or daughter) in to end some possible game theories (I know, I know, the show is separate from the books, but still believe most end games will be the same).

Sansa/Jon - Jon raising kid as his own bastard with murky mother details? Sounding familiar here..

1 minute ago, aFeastForDragons said:

Ehhh George's Sansa is in the Vale far far away from any Bolton plot lines.  I wouldn't take anything that happens this season to seriously. 

Wow the actor who played Bran has gotten old and Balon is still alive? 

Sort-of spoilers:

Yeah, she's heading to Harold/Harry to try and marry into the Vale (sort of), as part of Littlefinger's scheme, no?

Balon will probably get it this season, since his death sets the stage for quite a large portion of Feast for Crows/A Dance With Dragons (the Greyjoy stories, anyway).

Davos looks like he just talked to Mel... and she is looking pretty much like after the battle of ice, so definitely worse than I expected...

1 minute ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

looks like it could be Jon's funeral. Also, at the bottom left of the picture with Mel, the cloak on the other rider is feminine and familiar to the one Sansa is wearing

I can't see the feminine dress, actually... but Davos, now that you said that, it looks definitely possible that that's Jon funeral pyre... :crying:

As for Sansa, I'm not 100% convinced she's pregnant, but it makes sense... awfully! At least the picture with Theon is gorgeous.

I didn't have much hope for Myrcella, so at least I liked the KL pics: I can't wait for the Jaime+Cersei reunion, they'll have completely different characters than when Jaime left, so it'll definitely be worth watching, and I can't wait how they'll do Cersei's personality after the Walk, it's one of the things I'm anticipating the most in this season.

On a related note, did you recognize the girl sitting on the floor in front of the Septa? Is that Marge?

As for Brienne (even if nobody seems to care about her) that picture gave me the feeling she's heading back south. Although I hope not - has she done anything beside travelling? - it could be a good way of setting up the Lady Stoneheart storyline for later this season/next season... could it be that she and Jaime meet in the Riverlands, one form the South and one from the North, and find our former Lady of Stark?

8 minutes ago, The Egg said:

As for Brienne (even if nobody seems to care about her) that picture gave me the feeling she's heading back south. Although I hope not - has she done anything beside travelling? - it could be a good way of setting up the Lady Stoneheart storyline for later this season/next season... could it be that she and Jaime meet in the Riverlands, one form the South and one from the North, and find our former Lady of Stark?

I do! I really really hope something similar to what you are guessing happens in s6

1 hour ago, The Egg said:

I can't see the feminine dress, actually... but Davos, now that you said that, it looks definitely possible that that's Jon funeral pyre... :crying:

Don't worry, the leaks of Jon in Stark armor means he is coming back. Last year there was also allot of smoke spotted at the Catsle Black set during filming, indicating that Jon might be getting a 'walk off his funeral pyre' resurrection which could be pretty cool. 

There is definitely a floral pattern on the greenish/blue cloak to the left of melisandre (bottom left of the picture at the side), just barely in the picture. The only person I can see it belonging to is Sansa. 

Archived