Which deceased character do you miss most, or wish had lasted into the books?

LadyoftheNorth72

3 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

Okay, I don't mean to turn my own thread crackpot, but... You know how they say never assume someone's REALLY dead in this world without proof beyond a doubt?  Ned sent Jory and three others back to Winterfell just to "bury" Lady. Do you think it's just possible?  Sansa still has dreams of being with Lady, almost wolf dreams, and her connection would be least because Lady was still a pup (and therefore any wolf's body could have passed for the young direwolf).

In any case, many of these posts are reminding me of others and I agree with many of them. I wish - selfishly - that we'd had more time with Oberyn, but I can let him go only because his death seems so crucial to the wheels starting to turn faster in Dorne. 

I might believe this a little but the wolves actually think she is dead. Even Ghost thinks that IIRC. So ... I believe the Ghosts. 

I want Maester Luwin back :crying: (and Grey Wind)

11 hours ago, Jamie Lannister said:

Domeric Bolton. I get that his death is important the current state of the Bolton family, but Roose having a legitimately good-hearted son he actually cares about in the picture would have made the great treachery of the North arc even more interesting IMO.

Yes, that would make things quite interesting, the Boltons are not really grey characters at all. GRRM really has dropped the ball with them by that standard, they have no redeeming features at all, I don't see much of the heart in conflict with itself in them, more them in conflict with humans with a heart":wacko:

9 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

Okay, I don't mean to turn my own thread crackpot, but... You know how they say never assume someone's REALLY dead in this world without proof beyond a doubt?  Ned sent Jory and three others back to Winterfell just to "bury" Lady. Do you think it's just possible?  Sansa still has dreams of being with Lady, almost wolf dreams, and her connection would be least because Lady was still a pup (and therefore any wolf's body could have passed for the young direwolf).

If it had been anyone except Ned who did the killing, then maybe, just maybe, this would not be too horribly cracked, but honorable Ned gave his word he would kill her, and later (while in the Black Cells I believe) he reflects upon what a mistake it was to kill her, so we just have to accept that it happened :( 

For me, beyond some who have already been mentioned, it's the "better" men of the Night's Watch, men like Yoren, Qhorin Halfhand, Donal Noye, Jaremy Rykker, the Old Bear, etc. The whole situation at the Wall with regards to Jon and the Wildings could be vastly different if he had the support of any one of these men (well, maybe not Yoren, not sure how highly thought of he was, but I still wish he'd survived). Or Benjen, but I refuse to believe he is dead - trapped in a tree by Bloodraven maybe, but not dead.

22 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

Oh dear! Don't get my hopes up! Now I'm going to be crackpotting both Lady and Greywind alive, roaming the North, possibly killing Freys (because... you know.. what else would wolves do?). 

Robert B- I want to see how he is as an uncle(we all seen what type of uncle Renly was).  I wanted to see what he thinks about his sister in law and niece.

Red Viper-I wish he would of lived past the fight with Gregor. He was an very charismatic charactor,

Archived