Which deceased character do you miss most, or wish had lasted into the books?

LadyoftheNorth72

Seven Gods, where does the list begin haha

i'm glad Ned is dead (because it was really needed to set the tone), but i still wish there was a way to bring him back somehow? He'd kickass if he was back in the game. If Tywin was back, though, then the Greyjoys, Stannis and all of Dorne should be shaking in their boots mwhahaha

Ygritte is probably the one i want back the most, thoughB). I'm hoping if Jon is dead (or dies again), then maybe we'll see a scene of him and Ygritte together in some form of afterlife? i know that isn't really RR Martin's style, but it would make any ending perfect

Lady! I'm still very upset about the death of the dire wolf. Of course, I've realised that if she hadn't died at that point, she would definitely have been killed while Sansa was a hostage and that would've upset me more... but never mind such flaws. I'd like Lady resurrected with some sort of insane 'plot armour' that ensures that she somehow survives. 

56 minutes ago, Edd Tollett's One Vote said:

Lady! I'm still very upset about the death of the dire wolf. Of course, I've realised that if she hadn't died at that point, she would definitely have been killed while Sansa was a hostage and that would've upset me more... but never mind such flaws. I'd like Lady resurrected with some sort of insane 'plot armour' that ensures that she somehow survives. 

Greywind for me.  Poor pooches. 

There are many I'd like to bring back (not in the Dondarrion way). There are probably more I do not want to die as well.

Old Nan (but I'm not sure it was confirmed she is actually, truly dead) because I am sure she has more history to tell.

Nimble Dick Crabb because he was much needed comic relief to the slightly draggy Brienne story in AFFC and he didn't do anything wrong.

Pyp and Grenn. Oh wait... wrong thread.

41 minutes ago, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

Renly. Not so much because this would obviously change everything, but I wonder what his real character was. Many believe he would have been a great king, others suggest he was too soft. Unfortunately we´ll never find out.

Agreed. Would have loved to have seen renly on the throne for at least a couple of chapters. 

Robert, Ned, Oberyn, Cat (real Cat, not this monster), Drogo, maybe Renly but only because I dont want to see Cersei and Joff in power and his death sealed that, as a character he is overrated, Jeor I miss too, a true commander. Arys, he was a knight. Tywin, a man really cared for the realm and wanted Kings peace in 7K.

4 hours ago, Edd Tollett's One Vote said:

Okay, I don't mean to turn my own thread crackpot, but... You know how they say never assume someone's REALLY dead in this world without proof beyond a doubt?  Ned sent Jory and three others back to Winterfell just to "bury" Lady. Do you think it's just possible?  Sansa still has dreams of being with Lady, almost wolf dreams, and her connection would be least because Lady was still a pup (and therefore any wolf's body could have passed for the young direwolf).

In any case, many of these posts are reminding me of others and I agree with many of them. I wish - selfishly - that we'd had more time with Oberyn, but I can let him go only because his death seems so crucial to the wheels starting to turn faster in Dorne. 

Archived