An ending that would piss off everyone

7 minutes ago, FuzzyJAM said:

Bran wakes up in Winterfell after his fall.  What a strange set of dreams he had while in his coma!

This might be the one you are looking for.

"Bran, waking up and finding his legs working completely fine, points at Jaime and Cersie and tells Ned and Robert what they were doing."

Robert "Arrest them, Kill Jiame and Cersei, send Tywin, Tyrion, Joffrey and Tommen to the Wall and Myrcella to the Nunery." "And fetch me this Margery that Renly keeps talking about!"

Ned "Well now that is settled, Robert have I ever told you about that Fisherwoman that is Jon's mother? It is a funny story."

THE END.

Just now, King Viserys Targaryen IV said:

This might be the one you are looking for.

"Bran, waking up and finding his legs working completely fine, points at Jaime and Cersie and tells Ned and Robert what they were doing."

Robert "Arrest them, Kill Jiame and Cersei, send Tywin, Tyrion, Joffrey and Tommen to the Wall and Myrcella to the Nunery." "And fetch me this Margery that Renly keeps talking about!"

Ned "Well now that is settled, Robert have I ever told you about that Fisherwoman that is Jon's mother? It is a funny story."

THE END.

Hm. . .I like the idea of fleshing it out, but surely that would lead to war with the Lannisters?  It'd be better if Robert explained that he didn't care about the incest - maybe he's not the jealous type - and that it was best to keep it secret so that nobody questioned the legitimacy of Joffrey and start a nasty war.  Maybe Robert already knew, actually. :) 

For a series as popular as ASOIAF it's impossible to piss off everyone. GRRM could get a book out with blank papers, defecate all over it, and write nothing, and give it to us, as the ending, and you would still have a few morons saying that we should be happy with it.

The books not getting an ending, or badly written ending would probably piss off most of the fans.  Here is a horrible idea: All of the characters are in purgatory, also aliens invade Westeros and the book ends with us learning that actually everything that ever happened in the books was the dream of a certain deranged lumberjack.

I was trying to think of a semi-plausible way the series could end (emphasis on the semi - crackpot allowed, but nothing utterly ridiculous like finding out it was all a dream or every character comes back to life for a song and dance number at the end) that would anger the most fans. It's a tricky thought exercise, because when you think of something that you know would anger a large portion of the fanbase (e.g. Dany dies in Essos, Jon comes back as the leader of the Others, Ramsay is Azor Ahai) you realize that this would make another portion of the fanbase extremely happy. It seems impossible to make everybody unhappy and disappointed - even an "Everybody loses" ending (The Wall comes down, the Other's kill everyone in Westeros and bring an eternal Long Night) would please grimdark fans who want a Ragnarok kind of ending.

I'm thinking maybe shifting the focus to an unpopular character, like Areo Hotah, and have him be the big hero while all the other main characters have terrible endings, but have Areo's victory in a form that would be unsatisfying to the few people who like him (e.g. instead of a final battle, he convinces the Others to go back home with the power of love or something) might come close. Any other suggestions?

Dany conquers Westeros and executes Jon, the Starks, Shireen, Tommen, Myrcella, and Brienne.

41 minutes ago, FuzzyJAM said:

Hm. . .I like the idea of fleshing it out, but surely that would lead to war with the Lannisters?  It'd be better if Robert explained that he didn't care about the incest - maybe he's not the jealous type - and that it was best to keep it secret so that nobody questioned the legitimacy of Joffrey and start a nasty war.  Maybe Robert already knew, actually. :) 

Robert tolerated it because he too is in love with Jaime and wanted him to father his children…he hates brunettes and wanted beautiful blonde babies.

57 minutes ago, Lord Ravenstark said:

Jon becomes the God-Savior of Mankind. Dany becomes the Wisest Queen. The whole world suffer epiphany and discover that slavery is bad and there is no economical backlash and crisis. Arya lives in Winterfell. Rickon becomes lord of Skagos. Bran is the good greenseer who watches all. Jaime repents and turns to be Lord of Westerlands with Brienne as his lady.…

And the world is frosted in sugar, not snow. Everyone dies from diabetes.

Ugh. I completely hate the concept of Jaime and Brienne. It's up there on "I really don't want this to happen" scale with a Jon and Arya relationship. I don't understand why people want this to happen. Plus Jaime has shown no romantic interests toward Brienne other than getting hard in the bath at Harrenhal, which to me doesn't scream that he wants. More of I haven't had sex in months and there's a naked woman with a vagina on the other side of the pool. Would've happened with any woman. Yeah I think she's obviously crushing him, but I don't think he'll reciprocate. 

I was gonna suggest "....it was all a dream..." but the previous "dream" ones were better!

My second-worst would be a LOST-type ending - all happily ever after in the afterlife. (Though I was happy *some* people got their happy ending...even if she never got off that damn island!)

1. Tyrion ending up as King.
2. I would say Tyrion riding a Dragon, but I think that is probably going to happen, so I've resigned myself to that fact.
3. Sansa realizing what a great guy Tyrion is.

2 hours ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

I would be pissed if the books end at the same point where they began: with a king and a queen sitting on the Iron Throne, ruling over the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. What the hell was all of this sturm und drang for, if they only end up at the beginning?

I agree.

• Dany decides to stay in Meereen forever.
  • Jon comes back to life in a suitably dramatic fashion and then trips and falls off the Wall to his death.
  • Ramsay gets Theon back and then captures the real Arya.
  • Jon turns out to be the child of a random homeless woman called Wylla, whom Ned rescued in a fit of guilt after he raped her during the Rebellion.
  • Two new characters: Denioff and Dweiss

Archived