An ending that would piss off everyone

On February 12, 2016 at 1:37 PM, SeanF said:

Dany conquers Westeros and executes Jon, the Starks, Shireen, Tommen, Myrcella, and Brienne.

This is really close I think.  

Most people that like Dany want her not only to succeed but also end up being a good person or at least somewhat justifiable in her actions.  

Most people that are neutral or dislike her want another major character to succeed.  

So I'd also add Jaime, Tyrion, Kevan, Lancel and Genna for those Lannister lovers out there, and Garlan and Margaery, and Arianne and Doran, and Theon and Asha.  And Sam and Littlefinger for good measure. And then after she kills every other halfway decent character she then puts Ramsey in charge of the north, Euron of the II and Westerlands, Frey in charge of the Riverlands, Tarly for the Reach, and some especially nasty khal in the Stormlands.  Dunno about the vale, how about Shavepate or something.  Oh and she marries Daario and they rule together.

Even the craziest Dany fan couldn't justify it and even those who want to see her turn totally crazy/evil will be pissed thst she isn't taken down after her inexplicable heel turn.

On 2/13/2016 at 11:40 PM, OIL, BLOOD, Water said:

I get so sad when I think of all the readers who will never get to read books 6 and 7 because they died IRL.

:(

My own time too, shall be up soon. As the sand in my hourglass wears thin, day by day, I only want my dwindling time on this planetos to mean something. Just one last joy. Just one last meaning. Just one last kiss before I depart this kingdom 

I worry myself if George might outlast me and I will never know how the story ends...... :unsure:

Dany conquers Westeros and executes Jon, the Starks, Shireen, Tommen, Myrcella, and Brienne.

This is really close I think.

Most people that like Dany want her not only to succeed but also end up being a good person or at least somewhat justifiable in her actions.

Most people that are neutral or dislike her want another major character to succeed.

So I'd also add Jaime, Tyrion, Kevan, Lancel and Genna for those Lannister lovers out there, and Garlan and Margaery, and Arianne and Doran, and Theon and Asha. And Sam and Littlefinger for good measure. And then after she kills every other halfway decent character she then puts Ramsey in charge of the north, Euron of the II and Westerlands, Frey in charge of the Riverlands, Tarly for the Reach, and some especially nasty khal in the Stormlands. Dunno about the vale, how about Shavepate or something. Oh and she marries Daario and they rule together.

Even the craziest Dany fan couldn't justify it and even those who want to see her turn totally crazy/evil will be pissed thst she isn't taken down after her inexplicable heel turn.

I think the most common hope among fans is that Dany and the Starks will be reconciled. So, Dany killing the Starks - and winning - would enrage millions of them.

"Daenerys sat on the Iron Throne, and her council of: Tyrion, Jon Snow, Arya, (and all other fan favorites) smiled on as she ruled as a wise a noble queen." I want deaths, I want destruction. I want Westeros to be devastated and for those remaining to be Stannis-like in that they want to heal the realm but won't like it.

Every Stark child dead.

Gods. I'm one of those "not-exactly-Stark-fans" and would rather like a very grim ending (but won't get it) and that's just not in the cards ever. Though Rickon is really totally useless.

I can't think of much that would piss me off. All Tyrells dead/degraded maybe. But that's a sideshow anyway. The Dany and Jon reigning happily ever after (together or seperately) thing would just makes me eyroll very hard. Likewise Tyrion ending up as Hand of Whatever. Somebody toally unexpected ending up on the throne (like Sweetrobin for example) would make me giggle but piss off 95% of the rest of fandom.

"Daenerys sat on the Iron Throne, and her council of: Tyrion, Jon Snow, Arya, (and all other fan favorites) smiled on as she ruled as a wise a noble queen." I want deaths, I want destruction. I want Westeros to be devastated and for those remaining to be Stannis-like in that they want to heal the realm but won't like it.

That first sentence would please most readers.

It's a Small Council of Euron, Ramsay, the Shavepate, Daario, Marwyn, Victarion, egging her on as she burns, tortures, and crucifies her way through Westeros that would generate rage.

Although, it could be blackly funny.

20 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Westeros is the Earth in the future and the Others are zombies from the Nuclear War. Jon stays dead and his mom was a some girl named Wylla .An Ser Pounce is AA and saves westeros, becomes king and flies out of the red keep on the back of a reanimated dragon.

What would be so bad about Ser Pounce being AA? (Maybe Lady Whiskers being Nyssa2.)

Let's see what my imagination can come up with here that'd upset the most people...

Dany dies on her way to Westeros (she gets to Dragonstone, but gets no further west) from dysentery--the invasion continues without her as Tyrion aims revenge against his sister, meanwhile Jon is resurrected only to be killed by Mance Rayder who is paying him back for betraying the Wildlings earlier (Wildlings then go on a rampage against the North), Bran makes peace with the Others after learning more about them, and then through a marriage pact he returns South of the Wall and restores peace and order to the North and his Other-based army as he's married to the last female Other in existence, Arya gets some kills in on her list and is about to go fight for Rickon (who dies off page) but is killed by the man known as Jaqen H'gar for going rogue against the Faceless Men before she can get north of the Neck, Sansa tries to make a power play but fails and only ends up in mutually destroying herself and Petyr, Stannis burns his daughter and throws himself on the fire, Dany's dragons go wild and lay waste to the south, Aegon actually tames a dragon but it dies and the other ones fly off, and his grandfather's stores of wildfire go off, destroying the city. Cersei destroys Casterly Rock and Tyrion dies in the process. Euron dies in the siege of Highgarden but not before taking out most of the Tyrell family, and... it's up to Samwell, Asha, Brienne, Davos, Bran, and the Others to rebuild Westeros and move forward.

I think that would piss off a good amount of people.

Ending ADoS with.... To Be Continued. Or..... The epilogue being all the Gods sitting around a huge table with Planetos layed out D&D style nerding out on a Saturday night with the God of Many Faces saying, in a horribly out of place English accent,"well played chaps, me mum said i had be home by 10, but i think we got time....fancy another go?" 

On 2/15/2016 at 8:21 PM, WhitewolfStark said:

Let's see what my imagination can come up with here that'd upset the most people...

Dany dies on her way to Westeros (she gets to Dragonstone, but gets no further west) from dysentery--the invasion continues without her as Tyrion aims revenge against his sister, meanwhile Jon is resurrected only to be killed by Mance Rayder who is paying him back for betraying the Wildlings earlier (Wildlings then go on a rampage against the North), Bran makes peace with the Others after learning more about them, and then through a marriage pact he returns South of the Wall and restores peace and order to the North and his Other-based army as he's married to the last female Other in existence, Arya gets some kills in on her list and is about to go fight for Rickon (who dies off page) but is killed by the man known as Jaqen H'gar for going rogue against the Faceless Men before she can get north of the Neck, Sansa tries to make a power play but fails and only ends up in mutually destroying herself and Petyr, Stannis burns his daughter and throws himself on the fire, Dany's dragons go wild and lay waste to the south, Aegon actually tames a dragon but it dies and the other ones fly off, and his grandfather's stores of wildfire go off, destroying the city. Cersei destroys Casterly Rock and Tyrion dies in the process. Euron dies in the siege of Highgarden but not before taking out most of the Tyrell family, and... it's up to Samwell, Asha, Brienne, Davos, Bran, and the Others to rebuild Westeros and move forward.

I think that would piss off a good amount of people.

The only thing bad about this is Arya dying.  Everything else I would be completely down with. 

My worst ending is what many others have said, some craptastic with Jon and Dany marrying and living happily ever after.  That would make reading the entire series and the years of waiting for the next volume such a waste.  

Archived