Game of Thrones Teaser This Sunday

Westeros

As we speculated with the release of new images from Season 6 of Game of Thrones, it looks like this Sunday HBO will air a new teaser for the season at 8:59PM, just prior to the premiere of Vinyl. There seems to be a very short extract from the teaser in the tweet announcing this:

Visit the Site!

1 hour ago, underarmsauce said:

If that is HBO's official trailer then that is a huge disappointment. Compared to every previous year, this one was half assed. 

2 hours ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Only 'tease' in the 'teaser' was there there was nothing new in it.

Did you see the face after...

Spoiler

Jon Snow

?

Look closer as they pan down. That's definitely...

Spoiler

Tyrion.

If you saw that face and still were disappointed... why?

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Did you see the face after...

Hidden Content

?

Look closer as they pan down. That's definitely...

Hidden Content

If you saw that face and still were disappointed... why?

Of course I did. I also saw four other alive main characters, namely Sansa, Dany, Arya and Jaime (probably Cersei too on Arya's side) as faces in the hall. That is as interesting as S4 posters of 10-odd characters all saying "Valar Morghulis'. Some of them died, and some of them lived that season. To me the new teaser says nothing new. If it succeeded in making you thrilled and intrigued, good for you.

Jon's face is in the transition between 'definitely dead' and 'definitely alive' characters (as of S5 finale).

I agree with @TheLeviathan73, in that the long night will mean more dead characters incoming. And it is possible that one of the six characters in the last shot will die this season. My bet would be on Cersei or

Spoiler

Sansa - (only because of there was a shooting rumour that said a Stark will die in the battle)

@underarmsauce It's only a 'tease' not the actual trailer. People are disappointed because of the hype HBO created for such a short video with no new dialogues/characters etc. There is still hope to see something meaty with new content in March maybe. I want to see Euron and the Tarlys!

Teasing the Long Night to come might be more interesting if it hinted that those still living would finally have a reason to fear the unknown threat of the North, but instead it is a teaser that suggests more dreariness and more death.

So basically more of the same.

The whole "no one is safe, anyone can die" has been there since Arya said it in the season 2 trailer and they kill characters so liberally now that there's really not much of a threat to it. The stakes have always been high. I'm not worried about who is going to die any more. It would be nice to have a reason to still be invested in those that are left though. This teaser didn't do any of that. At all.

7 hours ago, Temporary Like Achilles said:

No Stannis in there I see...

Definitely still alive then. It's confirmed. Coming back in episode 9 to claim what is his by right.

He was there. They even used a quote from him.

Archived