Is Sansa Pregnant?!

CONQUI5TADOR

HBO/GOT release some still images showing different characters. Once photo of Sansa is quite interesting it... it appears to be a baby bump but maybe its just her clothes... does anyone else see it? Maybe this is why Ramsay finally decides to take out Roose and Walda since he is aware he already has an heir on the way.... 

071715_HS_DSC_7333a.jpg?format=300w

No. She's always looked like that. People are saying that Sophie looks fat, so clearly Sansa's pregnant. WTF. Look at some scenes last year of her wearing that dress. It's the cut. People need to stop dissecting a rumpled dress and a 19 year old girls body to service their irrational hatred for a TV show. 

1. Sophie has always been statuesque young lady.

2. The "bump" is due to the shape of dress, material and second buckle that creates such impression.

3. There are some other photos that show that it is indeed an empty space there.

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

As much as how much we love to hope for Sansa not to be pregnant, we have to keep in mind this is D&D that are cracking. It doesn't help that in one photo, Sansa look extremely miserable who is looking at herself. It looks like she's is looking at her belly. So...

She's looking at the snow she's knee deep in. She's miserable because she just jumped off the side of a castle and landed in a heap of ice and snow. 

They could go on that path and call it empowerment, though it will only tarnish more the already broken Sansa.

I seriously hope they don't do it. They already butchered her plot, let her breathe for a moment. The last thing she needs now is a baby. If they decide to ignore the existence of moon tea and make Sansa pregnant I will be very disappointed.

She's worn that dress before and it never looked like that. It's all speculation until now, we won't know for sure until season 6 airs. But I mean they chose the pics they wanted to use for promo, so they are at least teasing it. if it's just misdirecting our speculations or actually true, we'll have to wait and see. But I kind of (in a tiny, hidden part of my mind) hope she is indeed pregnant. I guess she's too winy to use a child to her advantage, but maybe she does nevertheless. A Bolton-Stark son would give her way more power in the North than she has for herself. (Ned Stark's daughter or no she is still ''just'' a woman and we're not in Dorne) As Margaery once said: ''Sons learn from their mothers and I intend on teaching mine a great deal.''

56bf54ac1a00009c01ab29cc.jpeg

1 hour ago, LadyVal said:

She's worn that dress before and it never looked like that. It's all speculation until now, we won't know for sure until season 6 airs. But I mean they chose the pics they wanted to use for promo, so they are at least teasing it. if it's just misdirecting our speculations or actually true, we'll have to wait and see. But I kind of (in a tiny, hidden part of my mind) hope she is indeed pregnant. I guess she's too winy to use a child to her advantage, but maybe she does nevertheless. A Bolton-Stark son would give her way more power in the North than she has for herself. (Ned Stark's daughter or no she is still ''just'' a woman and we're not in Dorne) As Margaery once said: ''Sons learn from their mothers and I intend on teaching mine a great deal.''

Yeah, not gonna work... The logic is flawed. First, the photos are most likely from the beginning of the season, so episode 1,2. So, unless D&D are totally, but totally and hopelessly clueless about pregnancy, the pregnancy bump wouldn't show in a period of 2 weeks after the conception.

The cut of the dress undeniably shows empty space between her abdomen and lining of the dress.

As for Bolton/Stark child being useful to anything, I am sorry but I can't see absolutely anyone rallying under Ramsay's child. Especially having those spoilers about

Spoiler

Jon participating in a battle with Stark banners above him

Lastly, I can't find any more disgusting POV than "empowerment through rape and the child that comes from it"... Not that I have a lot of faith in producers, but that would truly be new level of low.

7 hours ago, RattleSnake said:

They could go on that path and call it empowerment, though it will only tarnish more the already broken Sansa.

I seriously hope they don't do it. They already butchered her plot, let her breathe for a moment. The last thing she needs now is a baby. If they decide to ignore the existence of moon tea and make Sansa pregnant I will be very disappointed.

How would the show ignore moon tea in that case?

How could Sansa have got any moon tea from anyone in WF? Sansa is a very young and inexperienced  woman who may not read the first signs of pregnancy correctly and who may not realize that she is pregnant until an abortion with moon tea would be quite dangerous. And  who should supply it? Melisandre?

Actually quite  some time must have passed between the end of s5 and those pictures of Sansa if a pregnancy would be really visible under those heavy winter clothes, I guess 14 to 16 weeks of pregnancy, meaning  ca twelve weeks after Ramsay's first assault. 

So these photos could only show a pregnancy if they are from a setting several weeks after the jump.

If Sansa is indeed pregnant she will be in the books as well and under just as or nearly as ugly circumstances. So if this is the story Martin has planned for her, a baby from rape,  how could I disagree, it's his story. Just as it is pointless  to disagree with Myrcella being dead. If these things happen the author has decided so. And it fits very well with the topic of bastards, (cripples and broken things). I do not think that the show will go away from the book when it concerns major plot points for the more important characters. And no doubt having a child or not would be a major plot point for Sansa.

And Ramsay's baby would no more be an abomination than a baby from Harry or Baelish or nice Pod. Terrible for the mother but a baby is a baby, full stop.

1 hour ago, Risto said:

Jon participating in a battle with Stark banners above him

totally forgot the battle of the bastards is coming :D I just thought lords would rather follow a stark-blooded male than a female, but I did not have in mind that Jon might take that place. (and I think lords would rally behind Ramsay's child, the Boltons are powerful and he'd be their heir (I don't think Walda's child will live long) as well as the Stark heir, as the only true born male around (and by the show's logic he would be true born)) 

Empowerment through rape sounds ugly and disgusting but it's Westeros. The show had Dany repeatedly raped and fall in love with her rapist ( I say the show, I know the books, may Khal Drogo forever ride with his ancestors in the night lands) 

4 minutes ago, LadyVal said:

totally forgot the battle of the bastards is coming :D I just thought lords would rather follow a stark-blooded male than a female, but I did not have in mind that Jon might take that place. (and I think lords would rally behind Ramsay's child, the Boltons are powerful and he'd be their heir (I don't think Walda's child will live long) as well as the Stark heir, as the only true born male around (and by the show's logic he would be true born)) 

Empowerment through rape sounds ugly and disgusting but it's Westeros. The show had Dany repeatedly raped and fall in love with her rapist ( I say the show, I know the books, may Khal Drogo forever ride with his ancestors in the night lands) 

Those who would support Bolton child would not support Stark child and vice versa, so the child would have to be one or another. It most definitely wouldn't be some great conciliator. And once again, having sufficient Stark men around, the baby plot itself would be well, pointless.

Westeros or not, this is not the issue in-universe, but the issue of what is happening in the writing world. Even in the harshest possible worlds, some authors don't use such cheap tricks. If the message D&D wants to send is that woman has to be raped so she would be empowered, that is on them. But that most certainly is not the message of the work they are adapting nor any of the numerous female characters in it.

1. Sansa will not be pregnant in the show if she does also not get pregnant in the books. Being pregnant could create some interesting potential power moves for her, but I would not count on her story going there.

2. If people are thinking that photo shows Sansa pregnant, then they don't know anything at all about fabric and how it works. You see, she is wearing a very heavy fabric of some kind that does not bend so easily...closer to cardboard than silk. So you see it straightens out below the clasp where there is no longer anything to hold it wrapped around her. That is absolutely all you are seeing in these photos. Ultra heavy fabric that doesn't bend when there is nothing forcing it to.

Archived