Most anticipated TWoW Storylines?

Ruhail

1) Battle of Ice

2) Whatever's happening with the Wildlings, the Watch, Jon, and the Queen's Men on the Wall.

3) Davos getting Rickon

4) Whatever's happening with Jaime.

4b) This probably ties in with Jaime's plot, but I'm interested in what'll happens in the Riverlands.

5) I'm interested in how Aegon's invasion turns out. I'm more interested in Connington's character than Aegon's, but I'm hopeful that Aegon's campaign can deliver where Danny has yet to.

I do worry though that the point of Aegon's plot is to show us what would happen if Danny did end up invading Westeros i.e. I'm worried that she never will, and Aegon's meant to show what would have happened if she did. 

6) Kings Landing plot. 

A lot of the entertainment from Cersei's POVs is similar, but in my opinion inferior, to Victarion's chapters in DwD. However I'm more interested in the general climate of King's Landing, as well as the Small Council, than I am of the Ironborn plot.

Incidentally...

7) As drawn out as the Ironborn chapters in FfC were, I really like Victarion and Euron as characters. Victarion's chapters in DwD really redeemed the Ironborn in my eyes. 

8) I have mixed feelings about Danny and the Dothraki. I liked the Dothraki plot better than the Meereen plot, and there's a part of me that hopes Winds of Winter can repeat that; but on the other hand it's another distraction for Danny. 

9) I want to know the result of Bran's training, what he learns and I want to see more Bloodraven, but I don't care much about Bran's plot itself. 

10) I feel like Sansa's only point in the story has been to provide convenient POVs for certain people and events. 

11) Arya used to be one of my favourite characters, but now... I was really excited at the idea of Arya training to become a Faceless Man, but now I just want her to get out as quickly as possible. I'm not keen on reading more training, if she starts getting involved in Westeros again she could easily jump much higher on this list. It says a lot that I would put her below Sansa :-D

If it wasn't so late in the series I wouldn't mind an Alys Karstark POV. She has a lot of the traits I like about Arya, but is older and more involved in the plot as of now.

12) Tyrion is one of my most favourite characters. It just so happens that I feel... apathetic about where his plot is right now. 

13) I don't think much of the Dornish plot. I just want to know what Doran's plan is. Depending on how that plays, and how this is affected by Aegon and Danny's plot, this could move a few places higher on this list.

14) I don't care at all for Theon except as a POV character for Stannis.

Did I miss anything? :-D

Edit: I added the King's Landing plot as number 7.

1. The North&Stannis vs Boltons/Freys. Battle on the Ice etc. and possible Rickon involvement later in the book. 

2. Jaime/Brienne/LSH.

3. Cersei's trial by combat and peoples reaction to Robert Strong and a possible look at the monster himself.

4. Tyrions first meeting up close with Dragons to see if he has a way with them and give us a clue if he could be a rider.

could keep numbering but won't. I'm also hyped about Aegon, Jon con etc., Jon&Ghosts next moves, Brans weirwood visions telling us awesome reveals and history, Sansa growing as a character even more, and Them nutty Ironborn bunch, especially Euron & Victarion.

Also all that strange Oldtown shit.

basically the whole book :D

Since Brans last chapter was half way through Dance, I was under the impression that we won't be getting many more, as it could spoil way too much. I was led to believe I should be looking for Brans influence in other POVs. That being said, I really wanna know how George is going to bring Jon back/save him, and how the battle of fire will end. I care about every plot line to some extent, so not gonna list them all.

1. Dany tied with the Wall

2. Arya tied with Aegon/Dorne

3. Tyrion

4. Rickon & Davos

5. KL trials

6. Theon

7. The other BWB members that aren't with LS particularly Edric Dayne

8. Bran

I feel like I'm the only one but I don't really care at all about Jaime & Brienne. Maybe it's because their storylines turned me off so much in Feast & Dance. Plus the LS storyline is just weird & unnecessary to me. My only concern with that storyline is Jaime living & Gendry.

26 minutes ago, Maxxine said:

I feel like I'm the only one but I don't really care at all about Jaime & Brienne. Maybe it's because their storylines turned me off so much in Feast & Dance. Plus the LS storyline is just weird & unnecessary to me. My only concern with that storyline is Jaime living & Gendry.

No, I'm with you on that one. Not only that, but also the cliffhanger there was so crude and blatant that it's like when a buddy won't tell you a secret or a piece of gossip: at some point you get tired of asking and just stop caring anymore. 

I was also somewhat intrigued by the Aegon/Arianne storyline, but the Winds chapters completely killed my interest in that area. 

I'm eager to see what GRRM plans to do with the POVs and who he chooses to remove from storytelling. 

That said I'm looking forward to Bran and all things green.   Jon's predicament and how he will be excised from it.  Sam's tests in OldTown.   More Bran.  Some Bloodraven.  Everything in the Riverlands.    Cersei & Marg's trials.  Some COTF.   A little more backstory. Howland Reed.  Swords finding their way into heroes' hands.  Dany getting a move on.   More Bran.   Arya's home coming & reason for it.  Tyrion.  Meera & Jojen.  Revelations.  Clarification.  Streamlining.  More Bran.  The Others.  Wildlings.  Rickon & Davos. Winterfell.  Frickin Little Finger falling from grace.  Both big battles.   Bigger dragons.  Dragon riders.  Ramsays' death. Some Bolton history.  Identity of the Warg Kings.  Daynes.  Marwyn & Moqorro.   Greyjoys.  And a little more Bran.   This story is too big to become invested in all the plots.  My luck it will be gargantuan and he splits it like Feast and Dance and I get to wait for the 2nd book for resolution to anything I'm really interested in.

10 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

- Sansa at the Vale, AKA "Pride and Prejudice and (hopefully) Ice Zombies"

- The Citadel conspiracy, AKA "Sam's Town"

- The Tullys in the Riverlands, AKA "One Fish, Dead Fish, Black Fish, Floppy Fish"

- Theon and Asha, AKA "Release the Krakens!"

Yesssss ive felt like im the only person who cares about the Tullys!

In addition to the Tullys:

Vale

Stannis and the north

Iron born

Jaime/brienne

Aegon and Jon

Cant seem to care about Dany, but thats been going on for a long time.

The storyline I'm most looking forward to is the Northern powerplay. Mander, Umbers, Mormonts and Howland Reed dealing with the Boltons. And how this links with Jon at the Wall and to The Riverlands and BWB. Also we have Stannis in the mix.

My Second most anticipated story is Aegon's invasion. Friends int the Reach, battles and conquest.

Then there is the trials in King's Landing.

1. The Wall 
  2. Jaime/Brienne/Lady Stoneheart
  3. King's Landing
  4. Bran/The Others/lands of always winter
  5. Daenerys/Dothraki
  6. Theon/Stannis
  7. Sansa
  8. Aegon/Arianne

I personally don't care much about the Ironborn,Meereen (since most sample chapters are from there),Darkstar,Oldtown and Skaagos.

The North was by far the best storyline in ADWD and I'm really looking forward to read how it's going to unravel.

Next it's equally the Riverlands and Dorne/Aegon plotlines.

I'm always interested in Arya's and Sansa's stories, but of the chapters we've got, the one is very "stand alone" and the other too introductive, so I don't know what to expect there... also Dany's Dorhraki arc has the potential to go either way, may prove to be an exciting read but it doesn't get me excited beforehand.

Archived