Brienne needs Stannis to...

Zirex

Last we see of these two together: Stannis's right leg was badly wounded, and he couldn't even move; he confesses of assassinating Renly; Brienne sentences him to death and then boom! Stannis is dead... isn't he?

Why would Brienne want to keep him alive? We saw that she sentenced him to death, and as a true knight, she must kill him even if she needs him for something, yeah but no one says there a time limit or something for the execution. I mean she can kill him whenever she wants to. You might say "but she brought down the sword" yes but to cut what? Stannis's head or just to hit the tree with last hesitation... or to cut Stannis's leg. The wounded leg. It is really impossible for that leg to heal in that place and there is no time either. By leaving Stannis with one leg, she and Pod can take him as a captive very easily. So the last scene may end up with the sword cutting only Stannis's leg

But why would she keep him alive? Does she need Stannis to do something? Yes she does. She needs him to prove that she is not a kingslayer. Now after Renly's death, the news spread that king renly was murdered by a woman kingsguard. Everyone knows Brienne as a kingslayer, because in people's eyes, she backstabbed the king she served as a guard, just like Jaime did. It was a very big shame for an honorable knight she is, even though she knows that it was blood magic what killed Renly. Catelyn also knew, but she is dead now. Now guess who is left to prove that Brienne is innocent... yep the assassin himself! The Mannis is alive! Conspiracy solved! 

Although there is still a small possibility that stannis is alive on the show, I don't think the show ever addressed the fact that Brienne might have been framed for Renly's assassination. Both Brienne and Loras were in Jeoff's wedding in season 4 but they never confronted one another! I think in the show continuity Brienne was never accused of killing Renly.

The only reason Brienne might spare stannis is because she no longer sees the point of taking revenge on him. That is what the books hint at at least.

He's dead Jim. He's passed on! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If Brienne hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-MANNIS!!

He's dead Jim. He's passed on! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If Brienne hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-MANNIS!!

They are still in denial, but you took it to the next step, anger. :)

4 minutes ago, Stag_legion said:

Looking back its ironic that Stannis' only promo material for the season was probably shot right after they did his scene with Brienne and his supposed death.

It's sadder reading the comments from book fans saying this has to be Deepwood Motte because of the trees behind him

1 hour ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

It's sadder reading the comments from book fans saying this has to be Deepwood Motte because of the trees behind him

Wow that just makes me....

ckG0lJX.jpgAlso really his only S5 promo material was before he got decimated?? Fuck if doesnt show you how they felt.

On 17/02/2016 at 3:38 PM, Stannis is the man....nis said:

:frown5:

I know right. But don't give up, the show isn't canon, the true story is in the books, where Stannis is actually a great commander.

On 16 February 2016 at 10:11 AM, Zirex said:

Last we see of these two together: Stannis's right leg was badly wounded, and he couldn't even move; he confesses of assassinating Renly; Brienne sentences him to death and then boom! Stannis is dead... isn't he?

Why would Brienne want to keep him alive? We saw that she sentenced him to death, and as a true knight, she must kill him even if she needs him for something, yeah but no one says there a time limit or something for the execution. I mean she can kill him whenever she wants to. You might say "but she brought down the sword" yes but to cut what? Stannis's head or just to hit the tree with last hesitation... or to cut Stannis's leg. The wounded leg. It is really impossible for that leg to heal in that place and there is no time either. By leaving Stannis with one leg, she and Pod can take him as a captive very easily. So the last scene may end up with the sword cutting only Stannis's leg

But why would she keep him alive? Does she need Stannis to do something? Yes she does. She needs him to prove that she is not a kingslayer. Now after Renly's death, the news spread that king renly was murdered by a woman kingsguard. Everyone knows Brienne as a kingslayer, because in people's eyes, she backstabbed the king she served as a guard, just like Jaime did. It was a very big shame for an honorable knight she is, even though she knows that it was blood magic what killed Renly. Catelyn also knew, but she is dead now. Now guess who is left to prove that Brienne is innocent... yep the assassin himself! The Mannis is alive! Conspiracy solved! 

Nah, it doesn't make any sense. And that's ignoring the fact that if she just chopped off his leg with a sword as you suggest, he would have had an arterial bleed that would kill him within minutes. 

The downfall and end of Show Stannis had to have been one of the most disheartening things that i had ever watched on Television it was uterrly hopless it was more bleak than WW's end in Breaking bad but more humiliating and less tactful

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nah, it doesn't make any sense. And that's ignoring the fact that if she just chopped off his leg with a sword as you suggest, he would have had an arterial bleed that would kill him within minutes. 

So if his leg is cut off, won't there be any way to save him? Don't get me wrong I'm just ignorant about this matter, I just remember the scene Robb meets Talisa where they cut off the wounded soldier's leg.

Buuut fuck it, I begin to think he's really dead for good, and maybe that's better. The show doesn't deserve Stannis. I really think they made him go nuts because in Dumb and Dumber's world there can only be that stupid feminist smart-ass whore with all the rights and power.

I'd say I'm not gonna watch this season but I know I will so fuck me for being a hypocrite -_-

37 minutes ago, Zirex said:

So if his leg is cut off, won't there be any way to save him? Don't get me wrong I'm just ignorant about this matter, I just remember the scene Robb meets Talisa where they cut off the wounded soldier's leg.

Buuut fuck it, I begin to think he's really dead for good, and maybe that's better. The show doesn't deserve Stannis. I really think they made him go nuts because in Dumb and Dumber's world there can only be that stupid feminist smart-ass whore with all the rights and power.

I'd say I'm not gonna watch this season but I know I will so fuck me for being a hypocrite -_-

No, an amputation is possible but she would have had to place a tourniquet before chopping off anything. I'm convinced he is dead. 

1 hour ago, Zirex said:

He's DEFINITLY dead but.. What are you even talking about here?

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

He's DEFINITLY dead but.. What are you even talking about here?

D&D got him killed in the stupid and dishonorable way to make the Mannis fans to shut up. Because they want their bitch to be on top and the only protagonist to rely on. You got what I'm saying now?

2 minutes ago, Zirex said:

D&D got him killed in the stupid and dishonorable way to make the Mannis fans to shut up. Because they want their bitch to be on top and the only protagonist to rely on. You got what I'm saying now?

Yes I understand that you are saying it. Its just incredible you would actually believe that. I'm guessing you have a ton of evidence to back it up right?

18 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Hes 100% dead his death was only filmed in that way to further humliate him and play back on that im not becoming a footnote in history line

Well, the director said they chose not to show Brienne striking the blow because it would have been "gratuitous". And yes, he used that exact word. :lol:

Archived