Brienne needs Stannis to...

Zirex

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, the director said they chose not to show Brienne striking the blow because it would have been "gratuitous". And yes, he used that exact word. :lol:

Ah yes because that totally makes sense in an episode with full frontal nudity and that gory Meryn Trant death xD :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yes I understand that you are saying it. Its just incredible you would actually believe that. I'm guessing you have a ton of evidence to back it up right?

Incredible, yes but this line of "thinking" unfortunately is pretty par for the course among certain segments of the fandom.

6 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yes I understand that you are saying it. Its just incredible you would actually believe that. I'm guessing you have a ton of evidence to back it up right?

No need for proof when something is so obvious that 70% of the fandom sees it. This season was very awful and daenerys's hypocrisy was cancerous to watch, one episode she burns an innocent man, the next she acts as if the violence in the arena is unbearable for her. And the funniest moment of this season is when she asks 'I'm terrible?'. I can't believe there is no Euron, Victorian, Young Griff, well there is your proof. Dumb and Dumber eliminates characters intentionally, because these characters would challenge daenerys's claim and nothing would make her stupid fans madder. You also know that's why none of these characters above made an appearance while we got stupid dorne stuff, just admit it!

6 minutes ago, Zirex said:

No need for proof when something is so obvious that 70% of the fandom sees it. 

It's more like 10%, and that's being generous. The book purists on this forum only make up a tiny fraction of the fan base. 

8 minutes ago, Zirex said:

I can't believe there is no Euron, Victorian, Young Griff, well there is your proof. Dumb and Dumber eliminates characters intentionally, because these characters would challenge daenerys's claim and nothing would make her stupid fans madder. You also know that's why none of these characters above made an appearance while we got stupid dorne stuff, just admit it!

Euron has been cast for next season, which makes everything you posted here completely meaningless.

5 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

It's more like 10%, and that's being generous. The book purists on this forum only make up a tiny fraction of the fan base. 

Euron has been cast for next season, which makes everything you posted here completely meaningless.

Right my discussion was secretly about Euron and how Balon will rule the Iron Islands forever. Now that Euron is casted yeah my discussion was meaningless I guess.

8 hours ago, Zirex said:

No need for proof when something is so obvious that 70% of the fandom sees it. This season was very awful and daenerys's hypocrisy was cancerous to watch, one episode she burns an innocent man, the next she acts as if the violence in the arena is unbearable for her. And the funniest moment of this season is when she asks 'I'm terrible?'. I can't believe there is no Euron, Victorian, Young Griff, well there is your proof. Dumb and Dumber eliminates characters intentionally, because these characters would challenge daenerys's claim and nothing would make her stupid fans madder. You also know that's why none of these characters above made an appearance while we got stupid dorne stuff, just admit it!

No really, basically you have no proof of anything you just said, there is ZERO evidence of D&D offing characters so that their favourites get more airtime. Its a ludicrous argument. 

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

No really, basically you have no proof of anything you just said, there is ZERO evidence of D&D offing characters so that their favourites get more airtime. Its a ludicrous argument. 

Thanks for kindly explaining how my 10 lines of thoughts make no sense, I'm so enlightened now.

4 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Well.. can you back ANY of this up?

Stannis didn't win like I thought he would therefore D&D hate Stannis. In the books, Stannis will win the Battle of Winterfell while in the show it will be Jon. D&D don't like Stannis so they gave Jon Stannis' plotline. That's how Stannis fanatics view the situation. The only evidence that they can provide are theories and conjectures. They won't allow themselves to believe that Stannis may lose in the books as well so they pretend that the plot in the show has no relevance to the plot of the books.

3 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

Stannis didn't win like I thought he would therefore D&D hate Stannis. In the books, Stannis will win the Battle of Winterfell while in the show it will be Jon. D&D don't like Stannis so they gave Jon Stannis' plotline. That's how Stannis fanatics view the situation. The only evidence that they can provide are theories and conjectures. They won't allow themselves to believe that Stannis may lose in the books as well so they pretend that the plot in the show has no relevance to the plot of the books.

Again IF HE BURNS SHIREEN HE HAS TO WIN WF! An don't sell me this garbage that he will somehow lose WF but make it back to the Wall or send some letter of approval to Mel

20 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Again IF HE BURNS SHIREEN HE HAS TO WIN WF! An don't sell me this garbage that he will somehow lose WF but make it back to the Wall or send some letter of approval to Mel

Exactly this isnt the show where you can just teleport to where the plot requires it 

"I never asked for this crown. Gold is cold and heavy on the head, but so long as I am the king, I have a duty … If I must sacrifice one child to the flames to save a million from the dark … Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice."

Stannis. 

Its pretty likely Stannis is going to burn his daughter in some manner, but why would he do it if everything is going well. 

10 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Stannis. 

Its pretty likely Stannis is going to burn his daughter in some manner, but why would he do it if everything is going well. 

This is the reason why people are getting angry, Stannis cannot possibly kill his daughter if he dies during the Battle of Ice. Therefore he would need to win in order for that to happen. Now I do think its bad by D&D to kill Shireen during the march to WF, then at a more desperate circumstance, plus if they wanted to eliminate a dark cloud over Jon's revival by Shireen being burnt to resurrect Jon then I would be really angry at D&D. Plus if Stannis wins the Battle of Ice then show him win the battle dont give it to someone else, if Jon is the one that defeats the Boltons then so be it, but if he isnt then rather stick to the plot written by GRRM, as that affects the characters and their roles in the story

19 hours ago, titanx5 said:

This is the reason why people are getting angry, Stannis cannot possibly kill his daughter if he dies during the Battle of Ice. Therefore he would need to win in order for that to happen. Now I do think its bad by D&D to kill Shireen during the march to WF, then at a more desperate circumstance, plus if they wanted to eliminate a dark cloud over Jon's revival by Shireen being burnt to resurrect Jon then I would be really angry at D&D. Plus if Stannis wins the Battle of Ice then show him win the battle dont give it to someone else, if Jon is the one that defeats the Boltons then so be it, but if he isnt then rather stick to the plot written by GRRM, as that affects the characters and their roles in the story

This!

On 23/02/2016 at 8:02 PM, titanx5 said:

Your answer cured my cancer 

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 11:02 AM, titanx5 said:

Also cure my cancer as well. I think out of all the errors of season 5, making Stannis die and having been humiliated in the season is the worst decision that D&D made.

36 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Also cure my cancer as well. I think out of all the errors of season 5, making Stannis die and having been humiliated in the season is the worst decision that D&D made.

As a Stannis fan what happen to Sansa was much worse but when you think about it Stannis and Sansa are the same event. Two characters who have no Nothern Lords support when both plots dictate it, had events happen to them which did not happen to them in ADWD, and are victims of Ramsay Sue. So to me you can combine both their stories into one and say "Sannis" or "Stansa" was the worst decision by D&D ever!

Archived