Rickon in TWOW

Protector of Stokeworth

If you think Davos's trip is a straightforward out and back to Skagos, you haven't been paying attention...   Nobody has yet had a straightforward trip that I can remember.  

I think Davos gets involved in the Hardhome evacuation, and we see it from his POV.  I also have a theory that he either meets or gets a message from Benjen, and winds up in the Land of Always Winter, which, iirc, George has said we will see.  Rickon, along with Osha and Shaddydog could have an effect on Davos's decision-making with regards to these events.   "I want you to help my uncle!"   "Grrrowwwll"

26 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I always figured that Jon dream of head lopping was when he goes to Winterfell (finally) or meets Ramsay out on the streets somewhere and he lops Ramsays head off. Jon was a little upset with Ramsay about 10 minutes ago and that will probably come back with a vengeance when he does. 

If Rickon makes it back as Lord, then I think Jon will hold it temporarily and will be more than willing to relinquish it to one of his Stark brothers. Jon will always hold the "I'm a bastard" chip on his shoulder and I don't think he will ever feel he out ranks the other Starks. 

Rickon... I can only hope he is a savage little beast that wears a unicorn skull headpiece and rides on the back of Shaggydog when he returns. There is no way Davos can tame him in, what, a month or two of travel time. 

On a side note, I did read at one time in the past that Rickon's story was purposely written to go nowhere. I don't know if I believe it because why include it in a story like this?

I've actually had dream scenarios where he Jon and Ramsay battle. 

A pissed of Ramsay is making wild slashes at Jon who dodges them all masterfully. Ramsay starts screaming that he's nothing but a bastard as he continues his wild onslaught of strikes and proclaims "I am the Lord of Winterfell."

Jon catches his blade and swings "No, I AM THE LORD OF WINTERFELL!!!" and then he lops off Ramsay's head.

1 minute ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I've actually had dream scenarios where he Jon and Ramsay battle. 

A pissed of Ramsay is making wild slashes at Jon who dodges them all masterfully. Ramsay starts screaming that he's nothing but a bastard as he continues his wild onslaught of strikes and proclaims "I am the Lord of Winterfell."

Jon catches his blade and swings "No, I AM THE LORD OF WINTERFELL!!!" and then he lops off Ramsay's head.

No. You had my dream and it went pretty much just like that  :cheers: 

10 hours ago, Lil Jon Snow said:

Do the skagosi even have ships to transport an army to the mainland? I was under the impression that they never really leave the island. Can the regular fishing boats get the job done? Do they even have a big fishing community?

According to TWOIAF they were forbidden by law to have a fleet after one of their rebellions, which contributed to their general isolation. It's unclear whether that's still in effect, but either way I can't imagine them being a significant sea power.

Anyway, I believe that Skagos will be more relevant to the Others than northern politics. Rickon doesn't have the ability to lead an army as anything more than a figurehead, the Skaggs don't have the power to change the course of the war, and they're renowned for hating the mainland and rebelling against their Stark lords. So, I don't see them suddenly coming up with a major army and then loaning it to Rickon to restore the Starks to Winterfell. 

However, they're also renowned for being primitive and sticking with tradition, and the island has large amounts of obsidian (like Dragonstone), so I suspect they'll either know something about the Others that no one else does, or else they'll be more prepared for the Others then the rest of the North, or something along those lines. Maybe they will be involved in Hardhome like Nevets said, as I do wonder what the point of Davos is at the moment.

Davos will travel to Skagos and give us POV on what is going on there. However, I think Skagos will be "Hardhome 2.0" as I expect "dead things in the water" to attack the island population. Osha will die on the island, which will make Rickon and Shaggydog to befriend Onion Lord. I really think Davos would become Rickon's father figure.

But I do not think it will result in happily thereafter. I think Davos and Rickon will travel to Karhold to give us a POV of what is going on with Thenns and Alys Karstark. Grateful for Jon's help, I think Thenns will march with Davos and Rickon to Dreadfort where Roose and Stannis will fight (read incredible Cantuse's essays of Mannifesto), and this is where Rickon dies.

On 17/02/2016 at 4:42 PM, Bran the Shipper said:

I think that Rickon will reject Winterfell and refuse to return with Davos.  His time spent with Osha in Skagos will matter more to him than his family who all went and abandoned him (from his perspective).  Rickon will probably develop a love of the free-folk culture and be more likely to become the King Beyond the Wall than the Lord of Winterfell. 

Besides Sansa is being developed to be the Lady of Winterfell and so unless something goes wrong in her arc, she will be the best choice for that position.  And I think most would be disappointed if a character who hasn't been heard of since Clash of King suddenly takes control of Winterfell.  After all how many people would appreciate it if a similar thing happened to the Iron Throne.

Agree with this, I think he's more likely to end up fighting Sansa/Jon/whoever than joining them.

On 2/17/2016 at 11:42 AM, Bran the Shipper said:

I think that Rickon will reject Winterfell and refuse to return with Davos.  His time spent with Osha in Skagos will matter more to him than his family who all went and abandoned him (from his perspective).  Rickon will probably develop a love of the free-folk culture and be more likely to become the King Beyond the Wall than the Lord of Winterfell. 

Besides Sansa is being developed to be the Lady of Winterfell and so unless something goes wrong in her arc, she will be the best choice for that position.  And I think most would be disappointed if a character who hasn't been heard of since Clash of King suddenly takes control of Winterfell.  After all how many people would appreciate it if a similar thing happened to the Iron Throne.

Arya would make more sense as Lady of Winterfell considering that she is better at running a household than Sansa is. She is also technically the current Lady of Winterfell due to the lies of the Boltons and Jeyne Poole. Sansa was also implied to be disnherited by Robb to prevent the Lannisters from claiming Winterfell through her. Thus, if Rickon refuses to return and Bran stays north of the Wall, Arya would be the Stark most suited to claim Winterfell.

• 1 year later...

Archived