Bladerunner 2

Fez

11 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

On Roy...I would have loved if Rutger Hauer had a tiny cameo in this but I suppose it might mess up the story as hes probably still pretty recognisable.

They could have an Edward James Olmos cameo where he's sitting in the background of a scene making an origami animal.

• 2 months later...

I don't think it's going to surpass the original because it's just the best movie ever in my opinion lol I love it so much but despite myself and prior nervousness I really am excited about this now...

I feel much the same, when I first heard about this sequel/reboot/whatever, I swore I wouldn't allow myself to like it.  Now that I've seen a bit of the previews and read some more about the production, I'm starting to come around. 

1 hour ago, boojam said:

Then, kinda sad Sean Young is not back , never said she would not age , even if she didn't die, one wonders if or how Rachel will be mentioned?

hollywood is kinda mean about sean young :( i would have loved to see her again 

hell, i know it's not possible but my heart would burst if they cast rutger hauer 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:57 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

And on to the book...I would LOVE this film to incorporate some of the elements of the novel To Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Because there's so much fantastic stuff that could add to the world building. The mood machines, more emphasis on fake animals, mercerism, buster friendly and his friendly friends ect

There were a lot of cool elements that weren't even touched on in the 1982 film.

20 minutes ago, Richard Writhen said:

There were a lot of cool elements that weren't even touched on in the 1982 film.

Yep - Mercerism, Buster Friendly and Friendly Friends, more info on Off world Colonies, More emphasis on status symbol of animals and what Actually Happened to the World but not obvious because it's quite vague in the novel itself 

8 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

hollywood is kinda mean about sean young :( i would have loved to see her again 

hell, i know it's not possible but my heart would burst if they cast rutger hauer 

Some odd things, apparently it was not revealed until just recently that Edward James Olmos was in the film, so does that mean, maybe, ... that ...?

9 hours ago, boojam said:

Some odd things, apparently it was not revealed until just recently that Edward James Olmos was in the film, so does that mean, maybe, ... that ...?

Lol if Rutger Hauer was in it I would be so happy I love him and he loves blade runner so much. 

I'm dressing up as Pris for Comic con at the end of May and I'm so excited to bump into fellow blade runner fans ...I hope people know who I'm supposed to be :lol:

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lol if Rutger Hauer was in it I would be so happy I love him and he loves blade runner so much. 

I'm dressing up as Pris for Comic con at the end of May and I'm so excited to pump into fellow blade runner fans ...I hope people know who I'm supposed to be :lol:

Daryl Hannah was so young , her first big movie. Interesting interview with her on You Tube, actually more than one, but it's a Blade Runner special edition spot that's more interesting. 

Ridley Scott is an odd bird. Blade Runner is , maybe, his best film, (and he has done some good ones), and after it became a cult classic he took forever to ok sequel. Some are against that but if it works , it ok with me. Maybe just as well he is not directing it.

On the other hand , lord!, Scott makes these Alien prequels and sequels and what the hell ever, and does not seem to notice that they are doggedly pedestrian.  Seeing that mediocre Prometheus has put me totally off Alien: Covenant , I will stream it off Amazon some day, but am not going to a theater to watch. Scott you are goofy!

Following up: Edward James Olmos returns as Gaff.
An odd thing, Olmos says he signed a non-disclosure agreement, so we are actually not supposed to know that Gaff is back as a character in the film? I guess? (I would guess Olmo does not expect to appear in a third sequel to Blade Runner, if there is one.)

Could be Sean Young has also signed and only given out negative info about even a cameo in the film?
What I wonder , in the Hampton Fancher and Michael Green story/screenplay how do they handle Rachel ? If the character does not appear is anything explained about her? Not very satisfying if the character is totally ignored.

• 1 month later...

Archived