Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fez

Bladerunner 2

92 posts in this topic

Right. Replicants are absolutely manufactured, they aren't bred - but they aren't inorganic. They are humans, genetically. If they weren't, you wouldn't need a weird-ass Turing test to detect them, you could just get a skin sample. Even when they look at the skin of the snake they can tell it's genetically modified (the patent info on the skin cells) but they are still skin cells

And when the replicant is talking with Tyrell, it's all about biochemistry and cellular mechanical information. 

Replicants aren't androids or robots. They're humans that are created, often with greater capacities than normal humans - but still human.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's going to surpass the original because it's just the best movie ever in my opinion lol I love it so much but despite myself and prior nervousness I really am excited about this now...

I don't think Deckard not being a replicant takes anything away from the power of the original where most of the philosophy comes from Roy ...

On Roy...I would have loved if Rutger Hauer had a tiny cameo in this but I suppose it might mess up the story as hes probably still pretty recognisable. 

And as others have said the replicants are organic, they're manufactured yes but I think it's within the internal logic of the universe that they could age. I personally never liked the idea of Roy as a replicant but I suppose it's similar to the book where there's a police officer who never realised he is one. 

And on to the book...I would LOVE this film to incorporate some of the elements of the novel To Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Because there's so much fantastic stuff that could add to the world building. The mood machines, more emphasis on fake animals, mercerism, buster friendly and his friendly friends ect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

On Roy...I would have loved if Rutger Hauer had a tiny cameo in this but I suppose it might mess up the story as hes probably still pretty recognisable.

They could have an Edward James Olmos cameo where he's sitting in the background of a scene making an origami animal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, williamjm said:

They could have an Edward James Olmos cameo where he's sitting in the background of a scene making an origami animal.

I would love that too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I DID A SCREAM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I don't think it's going to surpass the original because it's just the best movie ever in my opinion lol I love it so much but despite myself and prior nervousness I really am excited about this now...

I feel much the same, when I first heard about this sequel/reboot/whatever, I swore I wouldn't allow myself to like it.  Now that I've seen a bit of the previews and read some more about the production, I'm starting to come around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, williamjm said:

He just can't stay away from stories about androids who look human.

Nor should he!!! :D:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, I am doing my damn best NOT to get hyped up for this movie. What are you people doing to me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I DID A SCREAM 

 

22 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

 Then, kinda sad Sean Young is not back , never said she would not age , even if she didn't die, one wonders if or how Rachel will be mentioned?

 

Edited by boojam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boojam said:

 

 Then, kinda sad Sean Young is not back , never said she would not age , even if she didn't die, one wonders if or how Rachel will be mentioned?

 

hollywood is kinda mean about sean young :( i would have loved to see her again 

hell, i know it's not possible but my heart would burst if they cast rutger hauer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:57 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

And on to the book...I would LOVE this film to incorporate some of the elements of the novel To Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Because there's so much fantastic stuff that could add to the world building. The mood machines, more emphasis on fake animals, mercerism, buster friendly and his friendly friends ect

 

There were a lot of cool elements that weren't even touched on in the 1982 film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Richard Writhen said:

 

There were a lot of cool elements that weren't even touched on in the 1982 film.

Yep - Mercerism, Buster Friendly and Friendly Friends, more info on Off world Colonies, More emphasis on status symbol of animals and what Actually Happened to the World but not obvious because it's quite vague in the novel itself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

hollywood is kinda mean about sean young :( i would have loved to see her again 

hell, i know it's not possible but my heart would burst if they cast rutger hauer 

Some odd things, apparently it was not revealed until just recently that Edward James Olmos was in the film, so does that mean, maybe, ... that ...?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, boojam said:

Some odd things, apparently it was not revealed until just recently that Edward James Olmos was in the film, so does that mean, maybe, ... that ...?

 

Lol if Rutger Hauer was in it I would be so happy I love him and he loves blade runner so much. 

I'm dressing up as Pris for Comic con at the end of May and I'm so excited to bump into fellow blade runner fans ...I hope people know who I'm supposed to be :lol:

Edited by Theda Baratheon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lol if Rutger Hauer was in it I would be so happy I love him and he loves blade runner so much. 

I'm dressing up as Pris for Comic con at the end of May and I'm so excited to pump into fellow blade runner fans ...I hope people know who I'm supposed to be :lol:

Daryl Hannah was so young , her first big movie. Interesting interview with her on You Tube, actually more than one, but it's a Blade Runner special edition spot that's more interesting. 

Ridley Scott is an odd bird. Blade Runner is , maybe, his best film, (and he has done some good ones), and after it became a cult classic he took forever to ok sequel. Some are against that but if it works , it ok with me. Maybe just as well he is not directing it.

On the other hand , lord!, Scott makes these Alien prequels and sequels and what the hell ever, and does not seem to notice that they are doggedly pedestrian.  Seeing that mediocre Prometheus has put me totally off Alien: Covenant , I will stream it off Amazon some day, but am not going to a theater to watch. Scott you are goofy!

Edited by boojam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following up: Edward James Olmos returns as Gaff.
An odd thing, Olmos says he signed a non-disclosure agreement, so we are actually not supposed to know that Gaff is back as a character in the film? I guess? (I would guess Olmo does not expect to appear in a third sequel to Blade Runner, if there is one.)

Could be Sean Young has also signed and only given out negative info about even a cameo in the film?
What I wonder , in the Hampton Fancher and Michael Green story/screenplay how do they handle Rachel ? If the character does not appear is anything explained about her? Not very satisfying if the character is totally ignored.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0