Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fez

Bladerunner 2

85 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Fez said:

That's a real pretty looking trailer right there.

Deakins :wub: 

2 hours ago, .H. said:

I couldn't really tell if you guys were just being pessimistic, or just actually unaware of Jóhannsson's work.  Seems it is much more of the latter.

I think him and Max Richter might well be the two best composers for film at the moment that no one has really ever heard of.  I'd invite you to explore his work and see for yourself, I am not pretending to be an expert, in fact, just the opposite.

I'm not really a pessimistic person tbh I will listen to his work soon 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, .H. said:

I couldn't really tell if you guys were just being pessimistic, or just actually unaware of Jóhannsson's work.  Seems it is much more of the latter.

I think him and Max Richter might well be the two best composers for film at the moment that no one has really ever heard of.  I'd invite you to explore his work and see for yourself, I am not pretending to be an expert, in fact, just the opposite.

A bit of both for me. I had looked up his name and saw that he has worked on all of Villenueve's known films, and was even nominated for an Oscar for Sicario. But the Sicario score wasn't that memorable for me, nor has the song that you linked convinced me, either. However, listening to some of the Arrival score did make me more optimistic. He is good, but the question is whether or not he can do BR justice. His style seems quite different from Vangelis. I wonder if he'll attempt any kind of electronic music to be in spirit with the original.

Edited by Corvinus

i mean also that music was objectively beautiful but like...still not getting blade runner vibes from that but im more than happy to prepare to hear a great score for blade runner 2049

Judging from the trailer I think they've done a great job of recapturing the visuals of the original. I like what we see of Gosling and Ford in this as well. I think the big remaining question is still the story itself, I like that the trailer doesn't give away too much about it, but we'll have to wait to see how good it is.