Bakker XLIII - the prattle of unnumbered years

sologdin

8 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I'd totally be up for a shared interview. Even willing to vet questions ahead of time. What say you, madness? 

Building bridges and generating a good interview. Consider it, Madness.

6 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

I figure they will probably tell me politely to mind my own business, but I've emailed Overlook to ask them if they'd consider putting all of Bakker's ebooks on sale to help promote the release of The Great Ordeal.

It will be interesting to see what they say. I told them that we're more than willing to help them spread the word and that chances are that some of us would even take the opportunity to buy digital editions to add to our collections. . .

Patrick

Good point regarding old readers picking up digital copies, I'd do so at £2 or less. I think even if they give away book 1 only for next to nothing it will pay off. Those who like it will probably buy 5 more books and those who don't - well you'd only have ever sold them one book anyway (and they probably wouldn't have paid full price)

2 hours ago, themerchant said:

Building bridges with who?

I want an interview about the books, i'd prefer people who would make getting that interview easier.

If Kal really has been considered an "enemy" of Bakker doing a fair interview between both could actually do Bakker a lot of good. Especially for people who don't like Bakker and I think sales could benefit a lot from getting some of the "won't touch the book" at least reconsidering. A fluff piece by someone who's already a fan will be ignored by the haters - although it would still help with the naive group (which should be the largest group?)

But I was mainly joking that Kalbear and Madness could build bridges compiling a joint interview after yesterday's little argument.

If Kal really has been considered an "enemy" of Bakker doing a fair interview between both could actually do Bakker a lot of good.

I think a reality show might be better actually. Bakker, Kalbear, ROH, Solo and HE in the same house doing whatever they do on reality shows.

9 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

I figure they will probably tell me politely to mind my own business, but I've emailed Overlook to ask them if they'd consider putting all of Bakker's ebooks on sale to help promote the release of The Great Ordeal.

It will be interesting to see what they say. I told them that we're more than willing to help them spread the word and that chances are that some of us would even take the opportunity to buy digital editions to add to our collections. . .

Patrick

Good initiative I would say Pat.

Speaking of interviews, you've done that with Scott in the past. Anything in the works in the lead up to TGO's release?

On 4/18/2016 at 8:04 PM, lokisnow said:

To this I would add that for us forumites, posting reviews on amazon for the Great Ordeal as soon as you finish reading it (once it's released) is by far the single most important and essential thing you can do. When WLW came out we had like three threads completed here in the first three weeks and the book still didn't have a single review at Amazon until I posted one.

Good point. I've done one for two of the novels but will do one for TGO when it comes out.

30 minutes ago, Hello World said:

I think a reality show might be better actually. Bakker, Kalbear, ROH, Solo and HE in the same house doing whatever they do on reality shows.

I feel Madness' podcast would be a perfect platform for this. :ph34r::D

2 hours ago, Hello World said:

ROH and RSB dueling as in poe's 'william wilson.'  HE outed as pinker's alt attempting to take over the world. kal just jumps up and down in the same spot. fairly sure that i'd be counting stacks all day.  so, not really a great show.

Wait, sorry to go back, but up thread, did Kalbear and/or other's want to participate in one of the TSAcasts? Always looking for new people. FYI, typically the new person picks the (TSA related) topic, if that entices anyone to come. Let me know (probably best to find me at the other forum - sorry). If you all flood in all at once though, there might be a waiting list as we can only muster time about once every few weeks/months, and due to time and bandwidth constraints, try to limit casts to 4-5 people.

Also, don't expect to be on one with Bakker. Unfortunately, we've been trying to get him to show up since the inception of it, to no avail of course.

3 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

If Scott is down, I'll be happy to do another interview. Would ask Adam if he'd like to team up and also take questions from you guys. . . :)

Patrick

Considering the situation i'd much prefer this option. The other option is provincial and unlikely to end in an interview.

Archived