Horrible, Evil, Dishnoroable Act that Jon Connington will Commit

HouseFossoway

So we learn in A Dance with Dragons that Jon Connington during Robert's Rebellion had Robert cornered in Stoney Sept but couldn't find him before Robert's allies came to chase Jon Connington off. This battle is often thought of as the turning point of the rebellion when Robert's side first seemed to have a real chance of winning. According to Myles Toyne, Connington should have "burned that town and every living creature in it" and "sent his men in to find the bones of Robert Baratheon", because that is what Tywin would've done, which we can probably guess is true. Then we get this internal thought from Connington:

---He was not wrong, Jon Connington reflected, leaning on the battlements of his forebears. I wanted the glory of slaying Robert in single combat, and I did not want the name of butcher. So Robert escaped me and cut down Rhaegar on the Trident. "I failed the father," he said, "but I will not fail the son." --- The Griffin Reborn, A Dance with Dragons.

I think that this is foreshadowing for Jon Connington. I think that Jon Connington is going to be in a position where he has to do some extremely horrible act in order to help Aegon win the throne. From a character development stance, it's what makes the most sense for how his character's history is going to affect his current trajectory.

So what do you think will be this dishonorable, horrible, act that Jon Connington will commit to help Aegon?

Two possibilities I thought of are:

He's going to execute Tommen or Myrcella or Shireen, simply to remove a challeneger to the Iron Throne even though they are arguably three of the most innocent characters in the series 

He's going to forcibly marry and rape Arianne or Margaery or Sansa or another woman to force that woman's family into siding with Aegon, instead of the Lannisters, or perhaps Daenerys. There's also foreshadowing for this when Haldon Halfmaester suggests that Jon Connington offer his hand in marriage. He tells Jon Connington that:

"You are unwed. A great lord, still virile, with no heirs except these cousins we have just now dispossessed, the scion of an ancient House with a fine stout castle and wide, rich lands that will no doubt be restored and perhaps expanded by a grateful king, once we have triumphed. You have a name as a warrior, and as King Aegon's Hand you will speak with his voice and rule this realm in all but name. I would think that many an ambitious lord might be eager to wed his daughter to such a man. Even, perhaps, the prince of Dorne."

Killing Tommen or forcibly marrying/raping Sansa/ Arrianne seem too small scale actions. He might do something like that as well but based on his self reflecting how he didn't burn the village to kill Robert and act like Tywin, I expect him to commit a Tywin-isque massacre(s) to win. So his evil actions could involve murder or other suffering of many people for the achievement of some strategic objective.  Maybe he is the stone beast breathing shadow fire.

I really like your thread but I am almost certain he doesn't marry with the whole greyscale deal. Especially not arianne As she noted she could not use her "female mind tricks" on Jon con the way she did with oakheart. I'll take a random guess and say he will kill Dario and then ROASTED by dragons. But if I were betting id say he gets cutdown in battle (defending Faegon) kicking ass with the "dying man" mentality 

If it points to anything, it is that, because he doesn't want to repeat the "mistake" of his past, he makes an even bigger mistake and kills a large number of innocents unnecessarily, and it either backfires on him or he seriously regrets it.  Tywin he ain't.  Something like that could also cause trouble for Aegon, as well.

8 minutes ago, Nevets said:

If it points to anything, it is that, because he doesn't want to repeat the "mistake" of his past, he makes an even bigger mistake and kills a large number of innocents unnecessarily, and it either backfires on him or he seriously regrets it.  Tywin he ain't.  Something like that could also cause trouble for Aegon, as well.

I do not think we were told about greyscale being able to alter someone's mind for nothing IMO Jon Con will be less and less rational with passing time. I do not think he will have it in himself to regret anything in the end.

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

He is gay and he is in love with his silver prince and Lemore showed her beautiful body everyday in front of him but he did not have any interest as far as we know. 

I am not sure if he can manage to rape any woman. 

To quote Cersei:

A man may prefer the taste of hippocras, yet if you set a tankard of ale before him, he will quaff it quick enough.

With the right motivation, any gay man can manage to have sex with/rape a woman. And if the only hope that Aegon has is if Jon Connington forces a woman into marriage to secure her family's support, Jon Connington will do it by any means possible.

20 minutes ago, HouseFossoway said:

To quote Cersei:

A man may prefer the taste of hippocras, yet if you set a tankard of ale before him, he will quaff it quick enough.

With the right motivation, any gay man can manage to have sex with/rape a woman. And if the only hope that Aegon has is if Jon Connington forces a woman into marriage to secure her family's support, Jon Connington will do it by any means possible.

What if he just can not get hard towards a woman no matter how he try? 

I mean laenor seems to have this problem. 

Oh this is just gruesome, but I think he will attempt a Tywin move and kill Tommen.  Maybe try a sort of re-enactment of Gregor's horrible deeds with Elia and the children.   Tommen is much bigger than Aegon or Rhaenys so it would be brutal.   He will try to kill all of them.  With the valoqar prophesy and all I doubt he will kill Cersei, but he may very well try.  I don't see him interested in offering himself up in marriage.  

6 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Tommen or Myrcella, which will put Varys in the same position Robert was in when Tywin murdered the royal children. Does Varys just go with it? Or does team Aegon fully fracture.

You seem to hold the notion that Varys gives a fuck about killing kids.

You do remember that we are talking about the guy that imports mutilated children by the dozens, right? Did you ever stop to think why they are always little kids and why there are no "bigger birds" running around? Because like Peter Pan in the non-Disneyfied version, it is more than likely that Varys simply has them killed instead of risking they grow... less managable.

To OP:

I don't see JonCon raping anyone, and the Martells are very likely going to join him either way. But to take from his words that he wishes to end the usurper's line once and for all, yes, any Barathen, "Baratheon", or on of Robert's bastards is going to die if he can help it. Tommen and Myrcella, Shireen if she survives the North, Edtic and Mya and Gendry are all on his hit list (at least the known ones, Gendry is pretty low key).

4 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

What if he just can not get hard towards a woman no matter how he try? 

I mean laenor seems to have this problem. 

Rape is not sex, rape is about power which is nothing to do with sex, Jon con to me seems honourable and decent shock totally negates the possibility of him forcing himself on a woman which is perhaps the most dishonourable thing a man can do in life! For a gay man with plenty of honor to become aroused whilst trying to accomplish this would seem to me to be almost impossible.

11 minutes ago, Nyrhex said:

You do remember that we are talking about the guy that imports mutilated children by the dozens, right? Did you ever stop to think why they are always little kids and why there are no "bigger birds" running around? Because like Peter Pan in the non-Disneyfied version, it is more than likely that Varys simply has them killed instead of risking they grow... less managable.

To OP:

I don't see JonCon raping anyone, and the Martells are very likely going to join him either way. But to take from his words that he wishes to end the usurper's line once and for all, yes, any Barathen, "Baratheon", or on of Robert's bastards is going to die if he can help it. Tommen and Myrcella, Shireen if she survives the North, Edtic and Mya and Gendry are all on his hit list (at least the known ones, Gendry is pretty low key).

You said what I wanted to say about varys .. 

I wonder what he did for viserys and dany who were not older than tommen and myrcella and aegon and rhaenys ..he simply used both of them as a pawn like he did with dany and viserys so he can place his puppet in the throne ..he never cares for the realm or the children.

3 minutes ago, Drogonthedread said:

You said what I wanted to say about varys .. 

I wonder what he did for viserys and dany who were not older than tommen and myrcella and aegon and rhaenys ..he simply used both of them as a pawn like he did with dany and viserys so he can place his puppet in the throne ..he never cares for the realm or the children.

Varys cares about children, noble children that he can attain power through, it's all through the series, he's always talking about noble children and their pets and their interests, he's just not that interested in poor or common children like he once was apparently!

1 minute ago, Neds Secret said:

Varys cares about children, noble children that he can attain power through, it's all through the series, he's always talking about noble children and their pets and their interests, he's just not that interested in poor or common children like he once was apparently!

Yes Noble children that will gain him something ....his caring is very similar to LF caring for sansa minus the sexual feelings ....if he really cared about realm he would not have let it bled and if he really cared about children he would not have let Rhaenys and aegon viserys and dany and maybe tommen and myrcella in the future die or use them as pawn to further himself and his plot ..that's why it irritates me whenever speak him of some hero ...to me he is as guilty as LF for the state of westeros now and as bad as LF ..only LF is honest in what he does and not hide behind the mask of caring about the realm like varys do ..

25 minutes ago, Nyrhex said:

To OP:

I hold that notion because it is clear in the text when he has his talk with Ned that the children's deaths had an impact on him. It is less than likely Varys has the little birds killed considering he will have Illyrio go through the trouble of finding him mutilated ones and deal with a shortage rather than just creating them.

33 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Rape is not sex, rape is about power which is nothing to do with sex, Jon con to me seems honourable and decent shock totally negates the possibility of him forcing himself on a woman which is perhaps the most dishonourable thing a man can do in life! For a gay man with plenty of honor to become aroused whilst trying to accomplish this would seem to me to be almost impossible.

Yeah, no, don't see JonCon raping anyone, female or male. What I do see is JonCon inadvertently spreading a plague that kills many Westerosi, including the supposed son of his beloved Rhaegar. That wouldn't be "dishonorable," but it would be on Jon for hiding his disease and staying with Aegon. That sort of tragic failure on his part would dwarf what happened in Stony Sept. 

7 hours ago, Nevets said:

You mean it "blackfyres" on him ;).  I'll be here all week.  I agree 100% at the same time. 

9 hours ago, HouseFossoway said:

He's going to forcibly marry and rape Arianne or Margaery or Sansa or another woman to force that woman's family into siding with Aegon, instead of the Lannisters, or perhaps Daenerys. There's also foreshadowing for this when Haldon Halfmaester suggests that Jon Connington offer his hand in marriage. He tells Jon Connington that:

"You are unwed. A great lord, still virile, with no heirs except these cousins we have just now dispossessed, the scion of an ancient House with a fine stout castle and wide, rich lands that will no doubt be restored and perhaps expanded by a grateful king, once we have triumphed. You have a name as a warrior, and as King Aegon's Hand you will speak with his voice and rule this realm in all but name. I would think that many an ambitious lord might be eager to wed his daughter to such a man. Even, perhaps, the prince of Dorne."

You left out this part:

Jon Connington's answer was a long cold stare. There were times when the Halfmaester vexed him almost as much as that dwarf had. "I think not." Death is creeping up my arm. No man must ever know, nor any wife. He got back to his feet. "Prepare the letter to Prince Doran."

"As my lord commands."

JonCon is not concerned about his own future. It's all about Aegon. The popular theory is that Aegon will willingly marry Arianne Martell, not JonCon. Which makes a lot of sense and there's plenty to suggest that it will happen.

I don't think JonCon is opposed to the idea of killing any Baratheon or any Baratheon heir. So if/when Aegon and the Golden Company taken King's Landing, Tommen would definitely be in trouble. Shireen and Myrcella have their own problems so it's not likely JonCon will have anything to do with them. I could see Tommen being killed and Cersei kept as a hostage. That's what should have happened to Elia. Her children were the risk but not Elia herself. It would be a nice (yet cruel) mirror of previous circumstances.

Archived