Telephone Pictionary XXX - Ko tenei kēmu mō te ririki (DONE - Results are up)

Turinqui-Calima

2 hours ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

My lovely drawing was complete and turned in on Friday, but I am still not in bold? Oh well, I reckon our host is tied up. ;)

You really ought to control that Uncle of yours :leer:;) 

control....control...??? me??? :lmao:

yeah well she's been trying to do that for years...

...happily i can say she she ain't had much luck...i am the only one who refuses to obey  :commie:

oh yeah...and my interpretation of the sentence is in...it is known ;)

:smoking:

10 hours ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

My lovely drawing was complete and turned in on Friday, but I am still not in bold? Oh well, I reckon our host is tied up. ;)

Yup, I saw your drawing on mobile, but it's a pain to edit posts on my tablet. 

SQUEE!!!!  I can't wait for this reveal.  It should be truly awesome!

"Lost in translation" is probably an understatement :lol: 

and thank you everyone for good thoughts and vibes.  I feel really good today!  Modern medicine is amazing. 35 yrs ago when my mom had the same surgery, she was in the hospital 3 or 4 days, in bed over a week, and doing nothing for nearly a month.  I am back at work already. (I came back yesterday, but left early for feeling extremely tired...slept 3 hours, had dinner, watched a little tv, then slept all night again. today I am right as rain) (not on pain meds for over 36 hours now too...just Tylenol once yesterday)

Hope you have a speedy recovery L. :grouphug:

2 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Modern medicine is amazing.

I know right? Know a guy who had three stents fitted. Basically sorts his heart out, and all he has to show for it is a scar the size of a pen nib in his wrist. And don't get me started on keyhole surgery, it just boggles the mind.

...and now I'm getting all weirdly patriotic about the NHS.

22 minutes ago, Emmit said:

Yeah, I've had mine in since Friday.

We still have one describing round left don't we?

And Emmit is a he... wait *checks again* 

Yup, still a he.

Always worth checking g if Pebs has been let loose. She is sometimes over-enthusiastic

This is for you! You know who you are!

I would match up start and finish sentences in English first; then have the original language and how it was translated on the reveals

eta:  I'm at work, and would find it difficult to try to translate all the different sentences first, then match them up. What do others think of having the match up part in English?

Glad to hear you are having a speedy recovery Lany!

Match up part I don't really know, whatever is easiest for TC really. If you already have all the sentences in English then it might be an idea just to do that for the match up. I don't think any of us are fluent in so many languages as to be able to match up otherwise :P 

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Glad to hear you are having a speedy recovery Lany!

Match up part I don't really know, whatever is easiest for TC really. If you already have all the sentences in English then it might be an idea just to do that for the match up. I don't think any of us are fluent in so many languages as to be able to match up otherwise :P 

Hmmm... For the match-up I'm thinking I will post the sentences in other languages for those who want the challenge and do an English only version in a second post using spoiler tag.

The reveal post will be LONG, but I guess I'll have to find a way to put in the translations of all the sentences...

I think If you are short on time, just post the English versions.

If you have time then post the foreign start / end sentences

then about 1 hour after the English versions

and when your ready the full chains.

I've been nice this round (and my start round) there are well known online translators for the languages I used.

I'm hoping for a short round myself and for the big reveal to have happened before I go to bed tomorrow.  otherwise I may not get a chance to look until after Eastercon.

1 hour ago, Turinqui-Calima said:

Hmmm... For the match-up I'm thinking I will post the sentences in other languages for those who want the challenge and do an English only version in a second post using spoiler tag.

I like this idea.

Archived