Logan-First R Rated Wolverine Movie?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, red snow said:

Keep in mind Mark Millar was their chief creative consultant from the comic side of things so he was probably always leaving copies of his comic runs around for them to adapt. They probably think Old man Logan is the only story outside of Claremont and Weapon X. In fairness it is hard to pinpoint Wolverine story arcs that could be adapted into films.

I could have sworn that the issue I read last night was written by Bendis, not Millar.

6 minutes ago, MisterOJ said:

I could have sworn that the issue I read last night was written by Bendis, not Millar.

You might be reading the recent Secret Wars one? Is the art by Andrea Sorrentino? If so it's the sequel. Easy to get mixed up though as Marvel is constantly relaunching things and not bothering about the fact it's confusing.

The original is Millar and Steve Mckniven.

2 minutes ago, red snow said:

You might be reading the recent Secret Wars one? Is the art by Andrea Sorrentino? If so it's the sequel. Easy to get mixed up though as Marvel is constantly relaunching things and not bothering about the fact it's confusing.

The original is Millar and Steve Mckniven.

Oh... okay. This makes more sense. I was reading the recent Secret Wars one. I just scrolled browsed through the titles on Marvel Unlimted, saw "Old Man Logan #1" and started reading. I should have known better. Things are never that easy with Marvel.

I'll probably check out the first issue of the Millar run and see if I like it better. Thanks for setting me straight.

Just now, Rcollins said:

I was thinking they might do it based off Wolverine from the bad future in DoFP. I mean technically that timeline was erased, but it's not like the X-Men movies give the first shit for continuity at this point.

Oh God, this just made me aware of a worse possibility : What if they replace Hawkeye with *gulp* Gambit ?

5 minutes ago, Rcollins said:

Do they have some great villain besides Magneto that I'm forgetting about? I feel like they've botched more than they've done right. Galactus, Lady Deathstrike . . . Dark Phoenix.

Well, both Magnetos, Stryker, Shaw wasn't bad and neither was the chap in DoFP although he ended up being occluded by Magneto...

Even in Wolverine Origins, Sabretooth, despite messing with the look and origin a lot, was good- by far the best thing about the film tbqh.

4 hours ago, The King In Black said:

How the fuck does Old man Logan even work without Hawkeye, Hulks and all that jazz ?

Hawkeye = Gambit or better yet, Jubilee/Kitty (bring back that comic dynamic)

Sons of Blob/Thing/Another Large Dude = Hulk's Grandkids

President = some new twist with existing X-Men movie character (Pyro would work, seeing how well the actor has done in 13 Monkeys)

Personally, I think an R-rated Wolverine would be a mistake..... X-force, sure... that fits... I'm just worried that they'll "force" it...Wolverine doesn't need boobs and f-bombs to tell a story..... Deadpool is more naturally "adult" material.... they've built this Wolverine brand already.... to change it now would seem dishonest , and a little hackneyed.

21 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Personally, I think an R-rated Wolverine would be a mistake..... X-force, sure... that fits... I'm just worried that they'll "force" it...Wolverine doesn't need boobs and f-bombs to tell a story..... Deadpool is more naturally "adult" material.... they've built this Wolverine brand already.... to change it now would seem dishonest , and a little hackneyed.

No, but he needs the blood an extreme violence to really do the character justice. We haven't had a chance to see a true beserker rage in any of the movies so far. 

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

No, but he needs the blood an extreme violence to really do the character justice. We haven't had a chance to see a true beserker rage in any of the movies so far. 

Hmmm... I wasn't thinking in terms of blood & violence ... I guess if that's what got the R-rating.... so be it... at least it's consistent .... personally, I'd wait for the re-cast and the X-force movie.... but I totally get your point. 

15 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Well, both Magnetos, Stryker, Shaw wasn't bad and neither was the chap in DoFP although he ended up being occluded by Magneto...

Even in Wolverine Origins, Sabretooth, despite messing with the look and origin a lot, was good- by far the best thing about the film tbqh.

Magneto is a special case, not really a villain as such. Stryker was a botch, a fairly dull villain who really other than the name had nothing to do with the existing character.

Shaw was terrible. Terrible. That movie is not a good movie, and Shaw is a part of why it's bad.

6 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I don't think they'll throw in a ton of gratuitous nudity or foul language just to do it, but going R over PG-13 pretty much gives the director and writer free reign to do what they want and not have to worry about being constrained by the rating.  If they want to say fuck a couple of times, they can.  If they want some insanely violent scenes, they can do it.

Reading Old Man Logan now, by the way.  Seems like a fun premise so far, but it'll be interesting to see how they'd adapt it given that they can't use a lot of the characters.  It'd be cool if they could strike some sort of deal with Marvel, but I doubt that will happen.

8 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Hmmm... I wasn't thinking in terms of blood & violence ... I guess if that's what got the R-rating.... so be it... at least it's consistent .... personally, I'd wait for the re-cast and the X-force movie.... but I totally get your point. 

The Old man Logan storyline has wayyyy too much death and blood to not be Rated R.

Won't spoil it, but many people die. haha 

Archived