Exclusive S5 Bluray Preview: Robert’s Rebellion

Westeros

Thanks to HBO, we’re able to provide an exclusive look at one of the new Histories and Lore that will be included in the Game of Thrones Season 5 Bluray set. Listen and watch below as Ian McElhinney—the late, lamented Ser Barristan Selmy—recounts the events of Robert’s Rebellion from their nascent beginnings to their bloody end:

We’re also very happy to be able to provide the full listing of the Histories and Lore, along with all the narrators for each segment. See that below:

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Odd that it skips from Rhaegar giving Lyanna the laurel to Brandon demanding he return her. You'd think they'd mention the kidnapping, even if it turns out that's not what it was. 

edit: really looking forward to that Dance one.

Well this answers a question we've had since Season 1 - if they officially removed Jaehaerys II, then in whose reign did the War of the Ninepenny Kings occur?  Aegon V or Aerys II?  I actually assumed they'd put it in the first years of Aerys II's reign, thinking Aegon V's death was a trigger

But this video officially establishes that it happened in the last years of Aegon V's reign.

Notice the House Haigh and Knight of the Laughing Tree heraldry.

I'd still love to get an explanation as to why they removed Jaehaeys II. I can't see how it effects anything, and if it does I suspect it'd be the only example of them planning ahead when it comes to background stuff like that. I still suspect it was just a mistake they chose to embrace because you can't really release a second edition of a TV show. 

48 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'd still love to get an explanation as to why they removed Jaehaeys II. I can't see how it effects anything, and if it does I suspect it'd be the only example of them planning ahead when it comes to background stuff like that. I still suspect it was just a mistake they chose to embrace because you can't really release a second edition of a TV show. 

I remember it well, ser.  Back in Season 2, I submitted a question about Jaehaerys II to a Q&A that wic.net was doing with Bryan Cogman, asking him "Hey, was that a mistake when Maester Aemon said that or did you intentionally and officially remove Jaehaerys II?"

His VERY precise answer was just "Yes, officially in the TV continuity Jaehaerys II is cut, and the Mad King is Aegon V's son"...

....and....no mention of the *why* this happened.  Not as if we have control over it, just....curious.  Why not tell us why they decided to make such a change?  It can't be just "because".  Even "we felt he wasn't noteworthy and complicated Aemon's relationship to Daenerys" would be fine. 

7 hours ago, Ser Frasier of House Crane said:

Not too crazy about the artwork, although I don't hate it. But I've seen them do so much better in previous Histories & Lore.

With that said, Ian McElhinney nailed it. It felt almost like a confession. It's a real shame Barry's not around for Season 6; I loved McElhinney's gravitas.

Agreed, total waste and all to make tyrion look good.

sigh.

Archived