Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Are we able too discuss a theory in the book forum on the name leek for Jon?

I have been working on a theory on bloodlines using the literature from the book a long while now and reading that name for the show really intrigues me as it is some one who is part of my theory.

4 minutes ago, Maester Crypt said:

Are we able too discuss a theory in the book forum on the name leek for Jon?

I have been working on a theory on bloodlines using the literature from the book a long while now and reading that name for the show really intrigues me as it is some one who is part of my theory.

Nope. I didn't even know there was such a leak. 

4 hours ago, Stuart Littlefinger said:

Yeah but wouldn't she remember the things he had done as well as consider him one of the key figures of the "enemy"?

One would certainly think so. Perhaps then, all the characters in Arya's prayer will die, but the author has kept Jaime off the prayer so Jaime can survive to the end. 

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

One would certainly think so. Perhaps then, all the characters in Arya's prayer will die, but the author has kept Jaime off the prayer so Jaime can survive to the end. 

That's what I was thinking. Jaime killed Jory, so you would think Arya would have added him to her list, but he's conspicuously absent. Since Arya's list is essentially a death sentence, I image that means George still has greater plans for Jaime. 

1. Who controls gold and silver mines of Westerlands?

2. For instance how much of gold that is mined around Golden Tooth can house Lefford keep for themselves? Or goes it all to house Lannister?

3. What is cut for Iron Throne? Or how much gold house Lannister (or other houses if house L just does not take it all) pays as "national tax"?

I

How many men did Stannis leave to garrison Dragonstone? 

II

The burned king and the maimed dragon each found new purpose in the other. From a hidden lair on the desolate eastern slopes of the Dragonmont, Aegon ventured forth each day at dawn, taking to the sky again for the first time since Rook’s Rest, whilst the Two Toms and their cousin Marston Waters returned to the other side of the island to seek out men willing to help them take the castle. Even on Dragonstone, long Queen Rhaenyra’s seat and stronghold, they found many who misliked the queen for reasons both good and ill. Some grieved for brothers, sons, and fathers slain during the Sowing or during the Battle of the Gullet, some hoped for plunder or advancement, whilst others believed a son must come before a daughter, giving Aegon the better claim.

The Princess and the Queen

What was the Sowing? 

ETA

Do we know why Tywin went to Lys when he was Aerys’s hand?

5 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I

How many men did Stannis leave to garrison Dragonstone? 

II

The Princess and the Queen

What was the Sowing? 

ETA

Do we know why Tywin went to Lys when he was Aerys’s hand?

The Sowing (of the Dragonseeds) was when Rhaenyra had open tryouts to be a dragon rider on Dragonstone. A lot of people got burnt and eaten. Nettles, Hugh the Hammer, and Ulf the White and Addam of Hull / Velaryon succeeded. 

On 7/26/2017 at 11:21 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Thanks @RumHam and @Rhaenys_Targaryen... Other than being a knight of the Vale, do we know who the 

Reveal hidden contents

Ser Owen is that Ser Lyn Corbray knocks insensible in Alayne, Winds? 

And this too...

Did the George ever suggest in an SSM that Tyrion and Daenerys would not meet until each of them reached Westeros? 

9 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Did the George ever suggest in an SSM that Tyrion and Daenerys would not meet until each of them reached Westeros? 

I believe the only thing GRRM has said about Tyrion and Daenerys meeting is the following:

“Well, Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they’re still apart,” he says. “They both have quite large roles to play here. Tyrion has decided that he actually would like to live, for one thing, which he wasn’t entirely sure of during the last book, and he’s now working toward that end—if he can survive the battle that’s breaking out all around him. And Dany has embraced her heritage as a Targaryen and embraced the Targaryen words. So they’re both coming home.”

http://ew.com/article/2014/06/26/george-r-r-martin-winds-winter-tease/

Take that how you will.

35 minutes ago, Shmedricko said:

I believe the only thing GRRM has said about Tyrion and Daenerys meeting is the following:

“Well, Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they’re still apart,” he says. “They both have quite large roles to play here. Tyrion has decided that he actually would like to live, for one thing, which he wasn’t entirely sure of during the last book, and he’s now working toward that end—if he can survive the battle that’s breaking out all around him. And Dany has embraced her heritage as a Targaryen and embraced the Targaryen words. So they’re both coming home.”

http://ew.com/article/2014/06/26/george-r-r-martin-winds-winter-tease/

Take that how you will.

Thanks. 

Archived