Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

30 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

At Greywater Watch? Or somewhere else? Sorry I don't remember. But that's why it was Lyanna who answered Stannis letter then, no?.

We don't know their whereabouts, we can only guess... 

here is the quote:

A Dance with Dragons - The King's Prize 

"Do you have brothers?" Asha asked her keeper.

"Sisters," Alysane Mormont replied, gruff as ever. "Five, we were. All girls. Lyanna is back on Bear Island. Lyra and Jory are with our mother. Dacey was murdered." 

"The Red Wedding."

6 hours ago, Lady Anna said:

Are Maege Mormont and Galbart Glover still in Greywater Watch? This loose end has always bothered me....

We don't know. There is A LOT of speculation. For what it's worth, here are my ideas on what is going on in the North, but there are a wide range of ideas out there. 

We do know that:

1) she arrived somewhere safe enough to send word to her daughters and have them come meet 

2) her daughters have arrived wherever she was and send word to Alysanne, who now knows Maege, Lyra and Jory are together 

7 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

We don't know. There is A LOT of speculation. For what it's worth, here are my ideas on what is going on in the North, but there are a wide range of ideas out there. 

Thank you for the link.

6 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

We do know that:

1) she arrived somewhere safe enough to send word to her daughters and have them come meet 

2) her daughters have arrived wherever she was and send word to Alysanne, who now knows Maege, Lyra and Jory are together 

Ah I see, thanks!

Hey. Some forum members mentioned several times, that Ran commented succession crisis during Aegon III reign and that it was discussed by the regency council. Can someone name the source, I mean the Ran's quote here on this forum or a link to one of his videos.

58 minutes ago, Arystan said:

Hey. Some forum members mentioned several times, that Ran commented succession crisis during Aegon III reign and that it was discussed by the regency council. Can someone name the source, I mean the Ran's quote here on this forum or a link to one of his videos.

Here you go.

Leowyn was part of important councils, including a question following Corlys Velaryon’s death regarding what the succession would be if young Aegon died without issue.

In the House of Undying Dany hears this:

. . . mother of dragons . . . child of three . . .
"Three?" She did not understand.

Could it mean that she's a child among three? That is, that she is one child out of three? Maybe one Targaryen out of three Targaryens? Although Aegon and Jon aren't her brothers, they plus Dany are a kind of trio (assuming Aegon is real and that RLJ is true; I believe in the latter and I'm still torn on the former). And I guess they are all three ''children'', as well, age-wise and in terms of experience, although that sounds metaphorical on their part.

3 hours ago, Lady Anna said:

In the House of Undying Dany hears this:

. . . mother of dragons . . . child of three . . .
"Three?" She did not understand.

Could it mean that she's a child among three? That is, that she is one child out of three? Maybe one Targaryen out of three Targaryens? Although Aegon and Jon aren't her brothers, they plus Dany are a kind of trio (assuming Aegon is real and that RLJ is true; I believe in the latter and I'm still torn on the former). And I guess they are all three ''children'', as well, age-wise and in terms of experience, although that sounds metaphorical on their part.

She is one of three siblings, and/or it could have something to do with the dragon having three heads thing. My guess is that she is a child of the three headed dragon. 

13 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

She is one of three siblings, and/or it could have something to do with the dragon having three heads thing. My guess is that she is a child of the three headed dragon. 

Oh my god, I completely forgot about Viserys lol. My interpretation went straight to Aegon and Jon instead of him and Rhaegar.

11 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

Does Littlefinger know about Dany and her dragons? If he does then he should be taking that into account while making his plans surely. She could show up in Westeros any minute to reconquer the throne.

I think that's what he meant about the war of the three queens. The squabbling between Cersei and Margaery will be joined by Daenerys. Or perhaps he intends to make Sansa a queen and have her join the fray after he removes Cersei from the board. 

8 minutes ago, Lady Dacey said:

Fifty-seven mentions through the following four books  to be exact  

https://asearchoficeandfire.com/?q=freerider+&scope[]=agot&scope[]=adwd&scope[]=acok&scope[]=asos&scope[]=affc

Thanks for answer. It seems that they aren't  mentioned frequently in other books like in first. And do appendix  shows situation before start of book?

35 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Thanks for answer. It seems that they aren't  mentioned frequently in other books like in first. And do appendix  shows situation before start of book?

Well, "freerider" comes up twenty-nine times in the first book only, that roughly half of all the other book combined, so you're not wrong in your impression. I don't think this means anything though. The appendix is where the author lists the named characters. The prologue shows a situation before the main story begins.

Archived