Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

6 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Thanks for your answers. And now really stupid question. Does Shagwell means Fuckgood?  I'm sorry if i am annoying. 

Heh, I never considered that possibility before. I would guess no, since "shag" doesn't seem to appear in the books as a verb. Maybe someone with knowledge of etymology can tell us if that was a medieval word in our world. I only know if from the Austin Powers movies. 

I don't think you have to worry about being annoying, little questions like this are what this thread is for. 

17 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

This is a bit of a weird question, but I've been wondering about it for a while, so I wanted to see other people's take on it.

Rhaegar and Robert were second cousins. Robert killing Rhaegar or vice versa, would that be considered kinslaying? Or do we forget about the blood relation that existed between them because they were fighting a war?

I think they are generally taking male line into consideration with Dorne maybe taking female line too if an ancestor ruler was female.

To be more clear, this comes from Tormund

Of special note were the sons of men of renown. Tormund took care to point them out as they went by. "The boy there is the son of Soren Shieldbreaker," he said of one tall lad. "Him with the red hair, he's Gerrick Kingsblood's get. Comes o' the line o' Raymun Redbeard, to hear him tell it. The line o' Redbeard's little brother, you want it true." Two boys looked enough alike to be twins, but Tormund insisted they were cousins, born a year apart. "One was sired by Harle the Huntsman, t'other by Harle the Handsome, both on the same woman. Fathers hate each other. I was you, I'd send one to Eastwatch and t'other to your Shadow Tower."

I think there was a thread on history before conquest or timeline of events that take place before it, can anyone point me there?

9 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Thanks for your answers. And now really stupid question. Does Shagwell means Fuckgood?  I'm sorry if i am annoying. 

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

Heh, I never considered that possibility before. I would guess no, since "shag" doesn't seem to appear in the books as a verb. Maybe someone with knowledge of etymology can tell us if that was a medieval word in our world. I only know if from the Austin Powers movies. 

I don't think you have to worry about being annoying, little questions like this are what this thread is for. 

Here:

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=shag

So I'd say no... 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Here:

https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=shag

So I'd say no... 

Thanks for answer. I asked this question, because in croatian version Shagwell is translated as Goodfuck.I don't know where to ask this question but, i'm planing to start disscussion about some minor book character, and i'll ask, as one of questions, other members what they think about his show counterpart, also i'll put a link that contains spoilers about show. Fortunately, they are hidden under some tab on that site. If you want, i can post a link here. Now, i'm aware of anti show spoilers policy, so what should i do? 

21 hours ago, Kandrax said:

I don't know how it would appear to grrm, but round here 'shag' is/was another slang word for 'fuck' (actually not as agressive).

The thing is, 'Shagwell' does sound like a real name that might really exist, with an innocent meaning as well as an unfortunate one. 'Fuckgood' could never be a real name.

9 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Thanks for answer. I asked this question, because in croatian version Shagwell is translated as Goodfuck.I don't know where to ask this question but, i'm planing to start disscussion about some minor book character, and i'll ask, as one of questions, other members what they think about his show counterpart, also i'll put a link that contains spoilers about show. Fortunately, they are hidden under some tab on that site. If you want, i can post a link here. Now, i'm aware of anti show spoilers policy, so what should i do? 

If you want to start this topic (w/ comparisons books and show), go to the show forum. The book side is for topics on the books, exclusively. Hope this helps. :)

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

If you want to start this topic (w/ comparisons books and show), go to the show forum. The book side is for topics on the books, exclusively. Hope this helps. :)

Link that i want  to post is A Song of ice and fire complete monster from tvtropes. It contains cms from books and show. Show entries are hidden under folder, so you need to click blue tab to see them. Only non-books thing that isn't hidden is entry of Telltale games Ramsay.

4 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Link that i want  to post is A Song of ice and fire complete monster from tvtropes. It contains cms from books and show. Show entries are hidden under folder, so you need to click to see them. Only non-books thing that isn't hidden is entry of Telltale Ramsay.

But show discussion, any show discussion, is a no no on the book side here... even in spoiler tags. And I gotta say (imo only of course) that I am very very grateful for this rule. I don't want to hear anything about the abomination, I don't want to read about it, and I'm glad that the book forum makes it possible for me to completely igonore it! :D

ETA: check this out:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/139611-show-spoilers-important/

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But show discussion, any show discussion, is a no no on the book side here... even in spoiler tags. And I gotta say (imo only of course) that I am very very grateful for this rule. I don't want to hear anything about the abomination, I don't want to read about it, and I'm glad that the book forum makes it possible for me to completely igonore it! :D

Ha ha, I'll second this too. You're on a roll of   :ninja:  ninjaing me here Kissdbyfire. You using them greenseer powers on me or something? ;)

3 minutes ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

Ha ha, I'll second this too. You're on a roll of :ninja:  ninjaingme here Kissdbyfire. You using them greenseer powers on me or something? ;)

Hahahaha yup. I've been feeling a lot more powerful since I carved faces on the trees around my house! :D

(Or I could just say great minds... :P )

19 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

18 hours ago, Kandrax said:

What if i,instead of posting link, sugest other members of this site to go to that site and see themselves, if they want? Ps:checked link

Link also contains books stuffs. So maybe i should try copying them using mobile. Ps why isn't advocating killing and torturing children forbidden?

8 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Any good ideas of what the heck a giant ice spider is??? I know there was one good idea out there about a year or so ago, but I cannot find it.

I sorta doubt they are literally giant spiders... maybe :dunno:

They are obviously giant varys. 

Dont you know that varys killed kevan for the children (of the forest) that put him under a spell to make him small and infiltrate westeros?

Archived