Small Questions v. 10105

Rhaenys_Targaryen

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Could someone kindly direct me to the SSM where The George sguests that he and Selle Spicer were in cahoots to get Jeyne into bed with Robb?

Closest I can find:

I have been wandering about the Westerlings and their involvement in the plot against Robb. It seems pretty obvious from the fact that they were not only pardoned by Tywin Lannister but that Jeyne's uncle was given Castamere, that they were hand-in-glove with the Lannisters/ Boltons and Freys in the plot against Robb also the fact that Jeyne's mother was giving her a contraceptive or tansy every morning that they meant to make sure that there was no chance that Jeyne would ever get pregnant.

Well, we shall see.

But I think it is a mistake to generalize about "the Westerlings," just as it would be to generalize about "the Lannisters." Members of the same family have very different characters, desires, and ways of looking at the world... and there are secrets within families as well.

11 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Are you looking for this, perhaps?

7 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

The last half of the original thread found in the link that R_T posted contains a discussion of the timeline north of the Neck in Dance. 

Thanks guys :cheers:

No one?

On 4-7-2016 at 10:31 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Do we know how many men of the Night's Watch return from the Great Ranging?

Additionally, I seem to recall a quote specifically stating that Cersei was eighteen years old when she married/became queen, but I can't seem to find it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've searched all the books, the app, and the RPGs, but I've found nothing.

On 7/4/2016 at 4:31 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Do we know how many men of the Night's Watch return from the Great Ranging?

From ASOS Jon VI

Jon's throat was dry. "Water," he gasped. Grenn brought it, and held it to his lips. "I saw the Fist," he said, after a long swallow. "The blood, and the dead horses . . . Noye said a dozen made it back . . . who?"

"Dywen did. Giant, Dolorous Edd, Sweet Donnel Hill, Ulmer, Left Hand Lew, Garth Greyfeather. Four or five more. Me."

Random, oddball question here:

So if the old gods are no more than the greenseers, as is often described, does that mean the red wedding pissed off Bloodraven and Bloodraven is seeking his payment?

3 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

No one?

Additionally, I seem to recall a quote specifically stating that Cersei was eighteen years old when she married/became queen, but I can't seem to find it. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've searched all the books, the app, and the RPGs, but I've found nothing.

I see what you mean. I searched the search site but couldn't get anything.

The wiki site does say Cersei was born on 266, and married Robert in 284, which would make her 18 (or maybe 17.5)

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I see what you mean. I searched the search site but couldn't get anything.

The wiki site does say Cersei was born on 266, and married Robert in 284, which would make her 18 (or maybe 17.5)

Cersei was indeed born in 266 AC, and she indeed married Robert in 284 AC. Those two are facts. That also means that she would indeed have been 18 (or close to turning 18) when she married Robert :) 

But what I am looking for is a quote that literally says that Cersei was eighteen years old when she got married/became queen.. Because I seem to recall that such a literal quote exists, I just can't seem to find it, and now I'm wondering whether I might be mixing in show material (even though Cersei would have been older in the show-universe, when she got married, I think)...

Just now, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Cersei was indeed born in 266 AC, and she would indeed have been 18 (or close to turning 18) when she married Robert :) I don't doubt that for a single second.

But what I am looking for is a quote that literally says that Cersei was eighteen years old when she got married/became queen.. Because I seem to recall that such a literal quote exists, I just can't seem to find it, and now I'm wondering whether I might be mixing in show material (even though Cersei would have been older in the show-universe, when she got married, I think)...

I understand. I am still trying to find the literal quote for you as well. I am trying all sorts of combinations and ages. The most I found was Tyrion was thirteen when he married Tysha :dunno:;)

3 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Cersei was indeed born in 266 AC, and she would indeed have been 18 (or close to turning 18) when she married Robert :) I don't doubt that for a single second.

Warmer...

Cersei, Feat VII

When she was just a little girl, her father had promised her that she would marry Rhaegar. She could not have been more than six or seven. "Never speak of it, child," he had told her, smiling his secret smile that only Cersei ever saw.

1 minute ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

I seem to recall it having been a Tyrion quote, actually.. Which makes me suspect more and more that it is from AGOT, and I'm simply misremembering.. 

I do it all the time!

I was searching for anyone to say something about Cersei and her age, the actual numbers being mentioned, Cersei and Robert, married,, etc. This is the Tyrion quote I was referring to. Could it have been a mix-up with this?

A Clash of Kings - Tyrion VIII

"My son is too young to care about such things."
"You think so?" asked Tyrion. "He's thirteen, Cersei. The same age at which I married."
"You shamed us all with that sorry episode. Joffrey is made of finer stuff."

12 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Cersei was indeed born in 266 AC, and she indeed married Robert in 284 AC. Those two are facts. That also means that she would indeed have been 18 (or close to turning 18) when she married Robert :) 

warmer?...

A Storm of Swords - Jaime VIII

Jaime's own page was scant by comparison.
Ser Jaime of House Lannister. Firstborn son of Lord Tywin and Lady Joanna of Casterly Rock. Served against the Kingswood Brotherhood as squire to Lord Summer Crakehall. Knighted in his 15th year by Ser Arthur Dayne of the Kingsguard, for valor in the field. Chosen for the Kingsguard in his 15th year by King Aerys II Targaryen. During the Sack of King's Landing, slew King Aerys II at the foot of the Iron Throne. Thereafter known as the "Kingslayer." Pardoned for his crime by King Robert I Baratheon. Served in the honor guard that brought his sister the Lady Cersei Lannister to King's Landing to wed King Robert. Champion in the tourney held at King's Landing on the occasion of their wedding.

11 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

warmer?...

A Storm of Swords - Jaime VIII

Jaime's own page was scant by comparison.
Ser Jaime of House Lannister. Firstborn son of Lord Tywin and Lady Joanna of Casterly Rock. Served against the Kingswood Brotherhood as squire to Lord Summer Crakehall. Knighted in his 15th year by Ser Arthur Dayne of the Kingsguard, for valor in the field. Chosen for the Kingsguard in his 15th year by King Aerys II Targaryen. During the Sack of King's Landing, slew King Aerys II at the foot of the Iron Throne. Thereafter known as the "Kingslayer." Pardoned for his crime by King Robert I Baratheon. Served in the honor guard that brought his sister the Lady Cersei Lannister to King's Landing to wed King Robert. Champion in the tourney held at King's Landing on the occasion of their wedding.

I think I found it.

In the second season, episode 8 (The Prince of Winterfell), (around 48 minutes) Tyrion states "My sister became queen at the age of nineteen". I think I mixed it in my head with the age book-Cersei was at the time of her wedding...

4 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

I think I found it.

In the second season, episode 8 (The Prince of Winterfell), (around 48 minutes) Tyrion states "My sister became queen at the age of nineteen". I think I mixed it in my head with the age book-Cersei was at the time of her wedding...

Now you can rest :cheers: (that's how I always feel after finding the right quote)

59 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Random, oddball question here:

So if the old gods are no more than the greenseers, as is often described, does that mean the red wedding pissed off Bloodraven and Bloodraven is seeking his payment?

I don't think it is that simple. 

Archived