ASOIAF Guessing Game version I AfU: Favorite historical female character. Number 1:Nymeria of the Rhoyne warrior queen, Princess of the Rhoynar. Princess of Dorne.

Jon's Queen Consort

Queen Naerys is the only character I can think of, too. I can see why someone might find her boring or why she might be considered to be an atypical Targaryen, but for Westerosi people she is the subject of songs, and her love story is well-known - though it's probably due to the fame and popularity of her love, the Dragonknight. So, I'm gambling, too. 

Number 8; Naerys Targaryen

She was sickly, almost emaciated, unworldly beautiful near translucent skin very pious with a tragic love story and not anything more. She is a member of a family known for their passion, stubbornness and overall she seems quite bland and boring.

Annara Snow 50+5=55

Julia H. 50+5=55

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 44+5=49

Baltan 29+0=29

I'm thinking of Meria Martell (or has she already been on the list)? Dorne was the only one to resist the Conquest. I don't know who considered her weak, but she was very old and perhaps physically not too strong. She perfectly exemplified the family motto.

On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Julia H. said:

I'm thinking of Meria Martell (or has she already been on the list)? 

Am I the only one keeping score? :P

I was thinking her, too, but I don't think there was any mention of anyone considering her weak... although I'm sure some did, because of her physical weakness. But the rest matched her, and only her, so I'm gping to gamble on Meria Martell.

I'm also betting on Meria Martell.

According to the wiki:

By the time of the War of Conquest Meria was around eighty years old, fat, blind, and almost bald. The Storm King, Argilac Durrandon, called her the Yellow Toad of Dorne.

She did not have a warrior body at all, and due her age she might have been considered a weak person, not for her character, but for her health.

Also:

During this First Dornish War, instead of remaining at Sunspear, Meria, along with all the other Dornish lords, fled their castles, simply yielding them up.

Her guerrilla tatics, if not understood at first, might have been considered a weak answer for "yielding" and not fighting back up front.

And by her answer to Rhaenys when she came to ask her to surrender, she told her that she would remain Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (being a perfect example of her family words).

Number 7; Meria Nymeros Martell Princess of Dorne

Meria: I will not fight you, nor will I kneel to you. Dorne has no king. Tell your brother that.

Rhaenys: I shall, but we will come again, Princess, and the next time we shall come with fire and blood.

Meria: Your words. Ours are Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. You may burn us, my lady.. But you will not bend us, break us, or make us bow. This is Dorne. You are not wanted here. Return at your peril.

~ Meria Nymeros Martell and Rhaenys Targaryen

One of the most formidable women in ASOIAF history. A heroine who basically told the Targaryen abominations and their winged reptiles STFU and GTFO. The perfect example of her family’s words and a true descendant of Nymeria this woman was the only one who stood her ground and never gave in at the Targs and their dragons.

Annara Snow 55+5=60

Julia H. 55+5=60

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 49+5=54

Baltan 29+5=34

Number 6; Shiera Seastar

Though she never wed, she had many offers, and several lovers through the years. Duels were fought over the right to sit beside her, men killed themselves after falling from her favor, poets outdid each other writing songs about her beauty. Her most ardent admirer was her half-brother, Bloodraven, who proposed marriage to her half a hundred times. Shiera gave him her bed, but never her hand. It amused her more to make him jealous.

~ George R. R. Martin

The lastborn of the Great Bastards Shiera was beloved by both Bloodraven and Bittersteel.

A great beauty with heterochromia iridum, one eye blue and one eye green, she was a polyglot and loved to read. Also according to rumors she was using dark arts too.

Annara Snow 60+5=65
Julia H. 60+0=60
Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 54+5=59
Baltan 34+0=34

Archived