Jack is Back ! Samurai Jack returning

The King in Black

I read this a while back but put it down to a dream in fear of being disappointed when it didn't happen. The show was amazing with some beautifully directed and choreographed scenes such as the black and white fight and young Jack running around catching a butterfly. It could also be hilariously stupid as well. I have the DVDs proudly displayed in my living room.

There was a comic but I only managed one issue. It looked the same but really lost something as a still image. No idea if it improved but I think the artwork/comic storytelling would have to be as inventive within that medium to work.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to watch the first three this weekend. I'm glad long term fans are loving it. I should be in for a treat.

I haven't seen Hotel Transylvania but I'm always surprised Tartakovsky didn't become bigger in film directing given the inventiveness on show in Samurai Jack. I guess it's because he's still mainly interested in animation but I do wonder what he could have done if involved in a CGI heavy live action movie. Samurai Jack seems to be the project he uses to indulge his skills in though.

9 minutes ago, red snow said:

I'm going to watch the first three this weekend. I'm glad long term fans are loving it. I should be in for a treat.

I haven't seen Hotel Transylvania but I'm always surprised Tartakovsky didn't become bigger in film directing given the inventiveness on show in Samurai Jack. I guess it's because he's still mainly interested in animation but I do wonder what he could have done if involved in a CGI heavy live action movie. Samurai Jack seems to be the project he uses to indulge his skills in though.

His version of the Clone Wars is probably the best Star Wars thing I've seen in 20 years.

2 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

His version of the Clone Wars is probably the best Star Wars thing I've seen in 20 years.

they were a bit hyper with their short run times. Shame they didn't keep him around for the other clone wars show.

7 minutes ago, red snow said:

they were a bit hyper with their short run times. Shame they didn't keep him around for the other clone wars show.

I think there are some long cuts out there on the net where they've put them all together. Definitely worth watching. The 3D CloneWars show was a total insult in comparison.

Archived