What would you ask the GRRM??? UPDATED

The Fattest Leech

21 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Are you??? I keep thinking of signing up and doing that as well. I am just a little south of Baltimore and very tempted to go.

That would be a great, amazing time to ask about Arya and her love interests ;)

Jon and Jamie. That is a new one to me.

Yep! There's actually a surprising amount of similarities between them. You can read about it here. My favorite one (not included in the link) is that both of them receive letters concerning their sisters. 

23 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Wow! If you have a chance, can you ask if Brandon ever said anything else than the infamous "come out and die"? (And what might that be?) Because it seems this line is regarded a lot as Brandon's "Hodor".

Sure thing! Though that question would probably be better fit for the Q&A rather than the dinner. 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

There was a thread a few years back about questions for Martin. I think it was back when he did a Q&A in Spain, and Ran thought we might get him to do one here. There are loads of really good questions there, too. No idea how to find it now though! 

Oh, I will find a way to waste many hours searching for it regardless. Thanks for the info as I am still technically "new" around these Westeros.org parts.

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Oh, I will find a way to waste many hours searching for it regardless. Thanks for the info as I am still technically "new" around these Westeros.org parts.

No need, just found the link to the second iteration - not the first, for whatever reason. 

And the first:

4 minutes ago, ShadowCat Rivers said:

Thanks!

(I have no idea about what sort of discussion is appropriate for such dinners).

Me either! Lol. I was just saying that because its a simpler question and would be much easier for me to ask in front of a crowd. :blush:

Also I feel like at the dinner I may be able to have a few minutes to talk with him so I might be able to bring up certain things in the text and carefully word my questions. And did I mention we will be eating food from the 7 kingdoms? It's going to sooooo cool. 

Just now, Joan Jett said:

Me either! Lol. I was just saying that because its a simpler question and would be much easier for me to ask in front of a crowd. :blush:

Also I feel like at the dinner I may be able to have a few minutes to talk with him so I might be able to bring up certain things in the text and carefully word my questions. And did I mention we will be eating food from the 7 kingdoms? It's going to sooooo cool. 

Lucky you! :)

42 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

1. Would Rhaegar have made the great king that Barristen thought he would be.

2. Would Ned have ever told Jon who his mother was if the events in AGOT never happened.

3. Do you think the rebels could have placed Aegon on the throne after disposing of Aerys and Rhaegar and would it have been a good choice.

Dang! These are awesome questions, especially the first and second one.

These are some of the questions i would immediately attempt to ask (of course not all). Bear with me few might come off cringe worthy in regards with the publication of the book source and the show.

1. Are there any characters that is closer to your original outline for Asoiaf.
  2.  For the upcoming Fire and Blood, will this be told from the truth to what went down of the full Targaryen history, or accounts that record partial of the history?
  3. Will you write for the show again after you finish WoW, especially S8?
  4. What are your views toward the use and existence of magic in Asoiaf universe? Are magic suppose to be view as a positive thing or a negative thing?

1 minute ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Dang! These are awesome questions, especially the first and second one.

These are some of the questions i would immediately attempt to ask (of course not all). Bear with me few might come off cringe worthy in regards with the publication of the book source and the show.

1. Are there any characters that is closer to your original outline for Asoiaf.
  2.  For the upcoming Fire and Blood, will this be told from the truth to what went down of the full Targaryen history, or accounts that record partial of the history?
  3. Will you write for the show again after you finish WoW, especially S8?
  4. What are your views toward the use and existence of magic in Asoiaf universe? Are magic suppose to be view as a positive thing or a negative thing?

I think GRRM would be more than happy to discuss this question in particular. Maybe a way to find a few clues to the Doom or something.

Honestly, for me the most burning question would be what made GRRM so drastically change the pacing of the story and the flow of the narrative after ASoS. Why abandon the idea of few carefully selected POVs and how come that even the most insignificant event can no longer happen off-page and have to be described in excruciating detail. However, I wouldn't know how to phrase it in order to not to make it blatantly clear how much I loathe the last two books :-).

11 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think GRRM would be more than happy to discuss this question in particular. Maybe a way to find a few clues to the Doom or something.

Or especially what was Valyria like before the Doom. It would be awesome if GRMM include a bonus chapter in Fire and Blood with either from a Valyrian citizen's POV right before the Doom start or Aegon the Unworthy's POV (GRMM did state he wish to do his POV one time).

10 minutes ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

Honestly, for me the most burning question would be what made GRRM so drastically change the pacing of the story and the flow of the narrative after ASoS. Why abandon the idea of few carefully selected POVs and how come that even the most insignificant event can no longer happen off-page and have to be described in excruciating detail. However, I wouldn't know how to phrase it in order to not to make it blatantly clear how much I loathe the last two books :-).

Hmmm, I never would have known. Just kidding. I know many felt that way, me included. Re-reads got better and better, but some new POV's still seem useless.

I'd have to do some real wordsmithing to figure this one out ;)

I would ask some questions that he would not answer "Keep Reading..."

1 - What the names of Doran's parents? Which house was his father? (Seriously, no one never asked it to him?)

2 - About Lyarra Stark, she was more like Ned or Lyanna?

3 - Do exist some task or evaluation to a knight of House Dayne become the Sword of the Morning?

22 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

I'm attending Balticon in May and I'm going to a dinner that GRRM is going to attend! :wub: I'll ask him about Arya and any romance that she could possibly have. Then maybe a question about parallels between Jon and Jaime maybe. 

Do you need a date to this dinner?

I would ask if we are going to learn who the Knight of the Laughing Tree was and if their identity was important to the Rebellion.

I would ask if both Robert and Rhaegar had died on the Trident, and Ned refused to be King, who would have been King.

I would ask if Brandon would not have died and became Lord of Winterfell, what would Ned have become and who would he have married.

2 minutes ago, King Viserys Targaryen IV said:

I would ask if we are going to learn who the Knight of the Laughing Tree was and if their identity was important to the Rebellion.

Eh, this one is (sort of) answered already - The Knight of the Laughing Tree was Lyanna Stark and it did affect the course of the matters, one way or another. It's all but spelled out. I'd rather ask when are we going to find out in which way it was important :). Though I already know the answer I'd get, it's the standard "keep reading".

Archived