Future of Brienne and Jaime?

norwaywolf123

Martin's killing of POV's have to come sooner or later and having Jaime and Brienne in the same place does not bode well for them. I can forsee Brienne championing Jaime in a trial by combat. I think she will survive at least for a time but I think she will die. Her death will continue Jaime's arc of trying to be a "true knight" or a least more honorable.

I figure Jaime kills Cersei when he learns the truth of all she has done. I could see him dying with her, there are plenty of hints that they will die together. He might survive and help restore things in the end. Only Winds will tell.

The whole them falling in love and surviving everything is a little too Disney for me but I am sure plenty will disagree.

The whole them falling in love and surviving everything is a little too Disney for me but I am sure plenty will disagree.

I don't disagree. I love Brienne and Jaime and their relationship, but I don't want them to end up together, that would be cheesy.

Well, one way or another, Oathkeeper will be plunged into Lady Stoneheart's chest, and the magic that resurrected her will be transferred to the sword. Oathkeeper, Ned's sword, combined with Cat's soul is the only weapon that can burn in flames and stop UnGregor from harming Sansa and Arya thanks to Bran's vision in AGOT. 

I think both Jaime and Brienne will die in this story protecting Sansa and Arya and fulfilling their vows.

And I think they might conceive a child, or they may not. If they do, I think Tyrion will adopt him as his Lannister heir since he will have no kids of his own, and Sansa will be a mother to him, paralleling the whole Rhaegar-Lyanna-Ned-Catelyn-Jon story, only this time around, unlike her mother and Jon, Sansa will be a true mother to a kid. I don't know, I think it will be a poetic in some ways.

As a huge Jaime/Brienne shipper I have to say that they are both too emotionally stunted to ever get together in any meaningful kind of way. I don't see any marriage, kids, illicit kids in their futures.

However...I don't think they are going back to L.Stoneheart with out a plan/back up. I don't see them being killed by her.

35 minutes ago, Scorpion92 said:

Well, one way or another, Oathkeeper will be plunged into Lady Stoneheart's chest, and the magic that resurrected her will be transferred to the sword. Oathkeeper, Ned's sword, combined with Cat's soul is the only weapon that can burn in flames and stop UnGregor from harming Sansa and Arya thanks to Bran's vision in AGOT. 

I think both Jaime and Brienne will die in this story protecting Sansa and Arya and fulfilling their vows.

And I think they might conceive a child, or they may not. If they do, I think Tyrion will adopt him as his Lannister heir since he will have no kids of his own, and Sansa will be a mother to him, paralleling the whole Rhaegar-Lyanna-Ned-Catelyn-Jon story, only this time around, unlike her mother and Jon, Sansa will be a true mother to a kid. I don't know, I think it will be a poetic in some ways.

I absolutely HATE the idea of them dying to protect Sansa and Arya. He said those vows under complete duress. 

They'll probably going to bone on the way to Stoneheart, or so I hope. Jaime's my favourite character and I desperately want him to survive the encounter with Lady Vengeance but I'm leaning towards that not being the case. Sadly just makes too much of a story-wise and thematic sense.  Brienne might end up carrying Jaime's bastard, possibly even raising him/her as someone else's child. 

1 hour ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

Brienne might end up carrying Jaime's bastard, possibly even raising him/her as someone else's child. 

This^. I definitely agree they will have a kid together, but Jaime sadly won't live to be a father to his only non-incest child.

1 hour ago, Dolorous22 said:

Well, somebody has to get Brienne pregnant with Dunk's dad... ^_^

Uh ho, is there a time traveling crackpot that I haven't heard yet?

I hope they find Sansa, help her to get away from LF, and become her personal retainers/advisors when she returns to the North. Hell, I'd love it if they got both Stark girls and moved to the free cities, living the rest of their lives as some nameless, but sincerely happy, family. 

Basically, I'm just hoping for an totally impossible happy ending for all four of these characters because I love them. I'm not really kidding myself though, I know how likely that is.

21 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

What will happen with the Stoneheart encounter?

Will Jaime and Brienne be togheter?

Future of Brienne?

Future of Jaime?

Marriage between Jaime and Brienne?

I don't think the Stoneheart encounter will be the end of both of them. For one thing, there's the valonqar thing, and I consider Jaime to be the most likely valonqar, so he has to survive at least until he kills Cersei. Not sure if Brienne "needs" to survive for some forshadowed future deed. I'd want her to, but this being GRRM...

Anyway, maybe they don't meet LSH, or at least not just yet. Maybe Jaime realises something's off and gets the truth out of Brienne, and they formulate a Plan B? Maybe Blackfish captures them for his own purposes? (And they end up being captives toghether again... I can just imagine them roped together on a horse and Jaime quipping "We've got to stop meeting this way" and Brienne being awkward and  disapproving and frowning at that.) Dunno, just playing with different ideas.

Anyway, I think Jaime will survive possible LSH encounter, less sure about Brienne - so less sure about them being together. Even if both survive, they might split ways again (valonqar, Brienne protecting Sansa, whatever). They'll keep thinking about each other, but even if they end up realising they love each other, and meeting again, it'd be super awkward. Jaime's never courted a woman (Cersei doesn't count because she's always thought Jaime is hers) and Brienne's experiences of courtship are dismal.

I have a very hard time seeing Jaime survive the series, based on what's likely to happen in future books. Let's see... a) Jaime kills Cersei. I don't think Cersei's catchphrase of them leaving this world together is a prophecy, just something Cersei in her narcisism likes to think, but if Jaime kills her, he'll still be cursed in the eyes of gods and men as a kinslayer, so doomed. b ) (f)Aegon takes the throne. Jaime killed his grandfather and his father's men killed (f)Aegon's mother and sister. Off with his head! c) Daenerys takes the throne. Jaime killed her father. Off with his head! d) Jon takes the throne. Jaime killed his grandfather and his family is responsible for the deaths of his adoptive father/uncle and adoptive brother/cousin. Off with his head!

There have been hints of kingmaking (pointing out Christon Cole in the White Book, his guilt/regret over Rhaegar's children etc.) for Jaime but I'm not sure how that would pan out. If it's for (f)Aegon, Jaime's doomed when (f)Aegon's brief reign ends. If it's for Jon, Jaime's odds for survival might be a bit higher, but I just don't know how it'd get to that point. Blackfish capturing Jaime (& Brienne?) and taking them to Greywater Watch, meeting Howland Reed??

Marriage for Jaime and Brienne? Highly unlikely. Only if they both, Jaime especially, do some heroic deeds in the real war against the Others, so that the future ruler has no choice but to (grudgingly) pardon Jaime. He'd be formally kicked out of the Kings/Queensguard in disgrace, the ruler would of course attaint him of all lands and titles. Even if he and Brienne then marry for love, people would still say it was a callous, self-serving act on his part to get her lands and titles. (Brienne is the heir to Tarth, and her father might even be dead at this point so she'd be Lady of Tarth in her own right.)

No matter how "good" Jaime becomes, and how redeemed in the eyes of most readers, he'll never be redeemed in the eyes of the Westerosi people. Even now he's reviled for his greatest act (saving the people of KL from wildfire) so that'll be the story, the irony, of his life. No matter how much good he does, he'll always be remembered for his bad deeds, and everything he does or says will be taken in the worst possible light.

As to a J+B baby? NOT before they're married. Jaime would never besmirch her honour by laying with her before marriage. So chances of J+B baby? Almost nil, because I think the chances of them marrying is almost nil.

I love Brienne and I love Jaime, and I love Brienne and Jaime, but I just don't see a happy ending for them. It's going to be a great love story of what might've been. Bittersweet.

Maybe Jaime dies and Brienne survives. She might end up marrying Ser Hyle Hunt (if he survives LSH! lol!) Fair enough, he's after her lands and titles, but he's come to understand and appreciate her a lot more than before. He even stood up for her and gave her credit in front of Lord Randyll Tarly, and for his troubles "left his service" (was kicked out?). And Ser Hyle can't be an altogether bad person, he saved Samwell Tarly from drowning.

Now, if I could warg GRRM, I'd have his fingers type an ending for Brienne and Jaime in which they marry and retreat to live a quiet life on Tarth, away from the politics. Maybe take Pod, Little Lew and a bunch of war orphans with them, and train them to be awesome knights. Jaime will never be as good with his left hand as he was with his right, but he could still be better than most (ref. Qhorin Halfhand).

Jamie loves Brienne dearly. His whole life was based on Cercei, so he stil has his feelings there. But Cercei with her guilt trips, emotional instabilities, sleeping around and treating Jamie like a crap made it complicated. The whole Brienne journey was life changing and character defining for Jamie. He loves her, Brienne loves him back. Cercei complicates things her memories complicate things even more for Jamie. Not all loves are hand holding, kissing under rain and walks in flower gardens. Some are like this and they are even deeper. It's easy to being romantic, sending Brienne away because he saw Cercei threaten her in the royal wedding is hard. Given the chance they will be an item, in their own way. The catch is Jamie is the most handsome man in seven kingdoms and brienne is considered ugliest highborn lady. Ironically enough she managed to snatch his heart. That's really something interesting. 

Archived