Favorite great house & character?

Ser Jaime Lannister

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Of course, at Daznak's Pit was the most amazing chapter in that book when Dany rode Drogon.  That's one of the best chapters in the story.

If you say it was the best Daenerys chapter in that book, I agree. At least something happens. But if you say one of the best in the whole asoiaf, come on...

A toss up between Howland Reed and Arthur Dayne. I really want to hear more of their Tower of Joy story.

I'd heard rumours that they were looking to cast a "legendary swordsman who fought with a "legendary blade" for the
next series of the show.

I really want the show to do a flashback so we can really see Arthur in action. It would be a dream come true for them to
do the Tower of Joy scene as I really want to see what Howland Reed is about.

18 minutes ago, Lucailduca said:

If you say it was the best Daenerys chapter in that book, I agree. At least something happens. But if you say one of the best in the whole asoiaf, come on...

Why not everyone have their own opinion. You think Dany's chapters are the most boring in whole asoiaf why not some think it is the best?

43 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

Why not everyone have their own opinion. You think Dany's chapters are the most boring in whole asoiaf why not some think it is the best?

What a nonsense (logically speaking)! If every opinion has the same value, no opinion has any value at all.That would mean it's useless to discuss. It's different if you have an opinion based on facts you can check: the narrative pace, the story development, the character arc (which are quite poor in Dany's chapters) etc. In that case you could agree or disagree on a common base, instead of just saying it's my opinion, you can have your own... IMHO of course :D

Favorite house : targ and starks..

Favorite character : there is too many to name but the ultimate favorite is daenerys

9 minutes ago, Lucailduca said:

What a nonsense (logically speaking)! If every opinion has the same value, no opinion has any value at all.That would mean it's useless to discuss. It's different if you have an opinion based on facts you can check: the narrative pace, the story development, the character arc (which are quite poor in Dany's chapters) etc. In that case you could agree or disagree on a common base, instead of just saying it's my opinion, you can have your own... IMHO of course :D

OK let's speak the facts 

Dany's chapters are the only ones that are released as an individual stand alone novella titled " blood of the dragon " which was not done for any other character.

And what more that those chapters fetched GRRM an HUGo award Which no other character did for him .

It doesn't matter which book you take ...there will be one best written chapter of dany similar to how there will be other best written chapters for other characters..

In ACOK there is red waste and HOTU

In ASOS there is Astopor chapters

In ADWD the daznak and dothraki sea..

In AGOT almost every chapter but the end of that book is still the best ending of the series may be LSH reveal can come close .

I don't see what's the problem here other than you can't get over your bias

1 hour ago, Lucailduca said:

W fihat a nonsense (nlogically speaking)! If every opinion has the samsenue, no opinion has any value at all.That would mean it's useless to discuss. It's different if you have an opinion based on facts you can check: the narrative pace, the story development, the character arc (which are quite poor in Dany's chapters) etc. In that case you could agree or disagree on a common base, instead of just saying it's my opinion, you can have your own... IMHO of course :D

And why your opinion should have more value than someone else? And you are going to explain the boringness of a plot with "facts"? Do you realise how stupid it sounds? It is entirely subjective to find a story boring. If you say "I find this storyline boring for so and so reasons and what I think is fact and if anyone has a different opinion that is inferior" then you are ridiculously arrogant. 

Archived