Favorite great house & character?

Ser Jaime Lannister

House Stark is my all time favorite. Ned Stark is my fav, I don't agree with some of his actions and the company he keeps(Robert Baratheon)but he was a truely great guy. I think the books lost something after he died and you can still feel his presence especially among his children. Oh Ned :-(  I miss him. 

Tarly. Even though old Randyll may not be mistaken for Jim Henson, Randyll is probably without a doubt the best commander still getting around. Owner of a the Sword Hearts bane. The only down side of this is he is sworn to Highgarden  whilst under Mace. Where he really isn't able to show his full potential until Ashford and duskandale. I have always wondered if he was a warden would he have bent his knee to Renly? 

Since you said great house, I'd choose Velaryon and Blackfyre, which is the closest to a great house I can get. My favourite characters of course the three great bastards Daemon, Brynden and Aegor (it's interesting how they can still affect the destiny of Westeros after all those years). But I also really like Corlys Velaryon, Daemon Targaryen, Ned and Robb Stark.

House Stark. If I had to chose one character from the story it would be Arya, but I find the old winter kings most fascinating. The current Stark generation is known for mercy and honor, but thats not really what their ancestors were about. I think the remaining members will go back to their hard, cold roots before the story ends.

House Targaryen since Aegons conquest is also up there because they guarantee turmoil and drama. Their ridiculous sense of entitlement makes for a great love-hate relationship. Also: Wincest!

6 hours ago, Lucailduca said:

Since you said great house, I'd choose Velaryon and Blackfyre, which is the closest to a great house I can get. My favourite characters of course the three great bastards Daemon, Brynden and Aegor (it's interesting how they can still affect the destiny of Westeros after all those years). But I also really like Corlys Velaryon, Daemon Targaryen, Ned and Robb Stark.

I agree with much of this. Although I really want to find out more about House Dayne and Arthur .

My favorite House has always been Stark followed by Dayne, but I'm becoming more and more intrigued by House Blackwood.

I would say my favorite character right now is Ned followed by Daemon Targaryen, but my opinion on this does change every so often

The Tyrells.  While Mace is a grasping oaf, look at his mother and his children:

Olenna:  Sharp enough to be concerned about who her granddaughter was going to marry, as well as what.  Got the truth out of Sansa and in return, tried to marry her off to Willas.  While you could see the last as a political move; marrying the last known heir to Winterfell into her family, it also would have gotten Sansa safely out of King's Landing. 

Willas: Crippled at his first tournament but didn't let that stop him.  Bore Oberyn no grief and went on to become an expert in producing horses, hounds and falcons.

Garland:  In my opinion, the best of the bunch.  A very capable and accomplished knight, also isn't afraid to speak his mind.  He openly praised Tyrion's actions to defend King's Landing, even when fashionable to discount the Imp.  Isn't afraid to speak up when Joffrey humiliates Tyrion.   

Loras:  His fighting prowess is fast becoming legend...hopefully a few more years will grind away his temper and impulsiveness. 

Margaery: While her marriages have been politically driven, she seems to be honestly trying to make Tommen into a king beloved of his subjects. 

House Martell is my favourite house (Oberyn my favourite character), I enjoy their history especially that of Nymeria also how the Dornish have always done their own thing (Dornish Law). The current house Martell we find in the books intrigues me also, Oberyn particularly as he is intelligent, cunning and extremely talented fighter. 

Archived