Dating: Hell is Other People

43 minutes ago, Kay Fury said:

My date or not date for Ini's wedding, whether it is a date or not is going to become a date between him and Mercenary Chef. They are going to fall instantly and madly in love. Jason wears primarily vintage Slayer tshirts and loves sports. He is into curling and beer. It'll be like kair and I aren't even there

HAHAHHAHAHA.  O shit.   Kair's a great date.  You win either way.

Update:   Mayday's roomate's daughter is at the house, so we will be constrained to playing exploding kittens.  Oh and getting up WAY too fucking early because brunch.  Damn you brunch eating fools.  Damn you all.  ( I totally don't care.  She doesn't expect me to speak English in the morning.  Keeper)

Well, I've been toying with tinder this week...you know, it does keep things simple, though guys keep asking to check out my facebook, get to know me better...Missing the point, boys.

My rules of thumb: no one posing shirtless, no one posing with a fish, no one posing with a gun, no one posing in or on a motor vehicle.

That doesn't leave that much.

I did have the most practical ever dates ever - 20 minutes, obviously nothing there, had a 1$ beer each, shook hands, wished each other luck and went our separate ways. Lovely, quite frankly. And another one that was marginally better, but only because I still had the energy to pretend like I cared about this guy's life plan of bringing kombucha (fermented tea?) to Israel for slightly longer that day. Boring as anything. You know, I might stick with my dysfunctional, displaced would-be-doctors, the way things are going.

55 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

I did have the most practical ever dates ever - 20 minutes, obviously nothing there, had a 1$ beer each, shook hands, wished each other luck and went our separate ways. Lovely, quite frankly. And another one that was marginally better, but only because I still had the energy to pretend like I cared about this guy's life plan of bringing kombucha (fermented tea?) to Israel for slightly longer that day. Boring as anything. You know, I might stick with my dysfunctional, displaced would-be-doctors, the way things are going.

I think you are being overly harsh here - kombucha (which yes, is fermented tea) is quite delicious and totally worthy of bringing to Israel (and anywhere else, really). 

sages of the thread:  it has come to my attention that there's some controversy regarding whether entertaining a date for a portion of an evening in a tawdry motel is less unsavory than mutually 'occupying' a car parked on a public thoroughfare for an indecent duration--but that both are probably preferable to breaking & entering an inhabited residence whose owner is out of town for the purpose of consummating a clandestine liaison.  am i wrong? 

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

sages of the thread:  it has come to my attention that there's some controversy regarding whether entertaining a date for a portion of an evening in a tawdry motel is less unsavory than mutually 'occupying' a car parked on a public thoroughfare for an indecent duration--but that both are probably preferable to breaking & entering an inhabited residence whose owner is out of town for the purpose of consummating a clandestine liaison.  am i wrong? 

I think that depends on whose house you are breaking into.

1 hour ago, sologdin said:

You are not wrong, particularly given the criminal aspect/loss of licensure (for some) that could occur with the breaking and entering option. However, the quality of locale of these assignations is rather woeful.  Without rapid improvement, you may next be seeking board advice about the palatability of a bar washroom rendezvous as compared to a liaison in a coffee house storage room. Of course, it is possible that the quality of these assignations is such that locale is almost irrelevant.  

so, based on this learned survey, am understanding that, in certain undefined circumstances at least, a tryst becomes hotter in direct proportion to the increase in sleaziness of its venue, and furthermore that the sleaziness is constantly conjoined to criminality associated with the lack of right to engage in coition in the venue itself.  

safe to assume therefore that an appointment, by two persons who are not the president, for the main desk in the oval office is substantially more arousing than an after-hours meeting at the top of the empire state building, but that neither compares to an illicit stay in the appartamento pontificio?

3 hours ago, sologdin said:

so, based on this learned survey, am understanding that, in certain undefined circumstances at least, a tryst becomes hotter in direct proportion to the increase in sleaziness of its venue, and furthermore that the sleaziness is constantly conjoined to criminality associated with the lack of right to engage in coition in the venue itself.  

safe to assume therefore that an appointment, by two persons who are not the president, for the main desk in the oval office is substantially more arousing than an after-hours meeting at the top of the empire state building, but that neither compares to an illicit stay in the appartamento pontificio?

What is the deal with the sesquipedalian loquaciousness?

I dunno.  I think the pope has a better sense of humor than the secret service.  I suppose the taste in illicit is a set of variables that depends on the individual.

It appears that we are looking at a function for "illicit" that has variables for both the inappropriateness and the likelihood of getting caught.  The question remains if they are independent or dependent of one another.   For example, if said washroom is filthy and single stall, does that wind up with less points because you can reduce the chance of walking in?  Does the filthy part appeal?  Would it be more erotic by a factor of 2 or 4 if it were a single stall at a fine dining facility?  Less erotic? 

More feedback required.  

Faked a sickie to avoid going on a date tonight, even though I actually really like the guy. I'm just dead tired and not at all in the mood for what he was suggesting (late dinner, bar, followed by some sort of indie/punk gig somewhere). I just want to sit around and drink tea tonight :P I feel a bit guilty for fibbing though.

Archived