Dating: Hell is Other People

Sigh, i'm like halfway down a rabbit hole of reading about the whole international students phenomenon now. (international migration/re-migration dynamics over a lifetyme at different socioeconomic/educational/professional levels is something I'm really interested in academically anyway - I've never denied the possibility my interest in Indian Phd guys may have more to do with wanting surveys filled in as much as clothes taken off - this has kind of helped focus it for a seminar idea, actually. Yay?)

Potentially it's as much needing expressed interest to want to rub naughty bits on DPs behalf. A feeling of indifference from the other party isn't exactly the sexist feeling even if they're hot.

Ark - Dating women comes highly recommended by me :P

I find most guys I meet either bore me to tears or become intellectual puzzles to be solved. The former turn me off and the latter seem interested only in being intellectual puzzles. It's an inconvenience. 

You know, I've tried - I've been on a couple of dates/gross phone calls where it was like...well, we haven't got anything to talk about, but come on over? And every time I'll consider it, but can't over how hopelessly unappealing it is on a gut level.

Hi, gang.  I apologize for being away for so long..just wanted to wish everyone well.  I'm still dating the same guy and having a blast. So far, he has not revealed that he's an axe murderer or anything, but it's only been six months.  :P

LitA - that's awesome!   

Congrats ES, so glad you're doing well!

The Hot Work Dude saga may have just limped to a sordid conclusion - after 18 months of this, he seems to have finally realised that if you have lunch and teabreaks and long chats with the same person every day, and share an umbrella with them when it rains, and talk to only them on team outings, yes, everyone in the office WILL think you are having an affair. And he has FREAKED THE FUCK OUT and stopped talking to me altogether. Which is weird and disappointing cos we were getting on so well literally up to the last day before that happened. I do not get it. :dunno:

I honestly don't see how Hot Work Dude has been an asshole. He may be a compulsive liar about small, stupid things which is probably the result of a personality disorder. He also likes right-wing media, which is personally distasteful. But other than that, it seems like he's been a perfectly fine work friend up until this (over?)-reaction to office gossip? 

He has very obviously strung along our beloved Min being very aware of her crush on him and at turns exploiting it to bolster his own ego and blowing her off at the times it is inconvenient. His behavior has been manipulative and inconsiderate of her the whole time and this doesn't surprise me at all. It also won't surprise me in a few weeks when he acts like none of this ever happened because he's gotten what he wanted with regards to the rumors and can go back to dancing on the edge of infidelity and having his own personal on call ego stroker.

41 minutes ago, Kay Fury said:

He has very obviously strung along our beloved Min being very aware of her crush on him and at turns exploiting it to bolster his own ego and blowing her off at the times it is inconvenient. His behavior has been manipulative and inconsiderate of her the whole time and this doesn't surprise me at all. It also won't surprise me in a few weeks when he acts like none of this ever happened because he's gotten what he wanted with regards to the rumors and can go back to dancing on the edge of infidelity and having his own personal on call ego stroker.

I'm not sure that this is obvious at all. I've read the posts related to this guy. I don't see any "stringing along." There hasn't been any inappropriate behavior reported. I don't see how anyone is "dancing on the edge of infidelity." Min is a big girl and knows this guy is taken and it doesn't sound like any boundaries have been crossed. 

Archived