Who will Jon serve?

dariopatke

Why is the question of the OP different of the title's?

I prefer him in service of the Old Gods. And I think he'll actually continue to serve them.

As for king, he will only serve himself once he claim the kingship and he will be more than happy to be free from his watch now that he won't have to deal with his so-call brothers. As for which gods he choose, i believe it would still be the Old Gods due to his heritage at birth and where he belong to. Yeah, he get ressurect by the power of R'hllor, but i seem his character will be like Stannis - the power of R'hllor serve them greatly, but don't give a damn about worshiping the god nor believing in one true god.

He will not serve anyone, he will do his duty of "protecting the realms of men" and becoming "the sword in the darkness". The only, most efficient and effective way to do that is to become the king. He gave his vows to weirwood tree and he will be driven to carry them out. HOW he will achieve that is another moral question we will argue for centuries, as I believe Jon will commit many acts which he would never have done prior his resurrection. But they will be necessary. 

He has the birthright which no one knows about, so he will have to go and take it himself. That will be his duty to the realm which he swore to protect, to his parents which he never met, and his uncle who risked a conflict with best friend because of his existence and who raised him as his son.

His brother Bran will be the only god he will ally with (note: not serve, ally) who will help him to become who he was always destined to be. Old Gods, R'hillor, Many Faced God, etc. - they are all coming from one place: greenseers. They are the ones who send Melisandre her visions, the ones who resurrect Beric Dondarrion and Catelyn Stark, who created White Walkers, etc. Religions are their tools to move people towards their destruction as foreseen in their visions. 

I believe it will be the old gods.

And I believe that it'll be the old gods that resurrect him. The wall has magic or power... I can't recall the actual phrasing, atm. Anyhoo, my belief is that the magic that keeps the wall going is based upon the night's watch and as long as they hold true to their oaths the wall will stand. Right now, IMO, the NW has broken their vows because of the attack on LC Jon Snow. NW breaks the oath and that magic might have to go somewhere...and where better else than a descendent of Bran the Builder who helped put the wall up to begin with. 

He will serve Bran.

His army is going to be made up of followers of the old gods, red god, drowned god, queer Essos gods and basically everyone, maybe not the Seven. The Seven followers in the South are who he marches against.

He will serve the purpose that he died trying to accomplish.  Just as Beric died following the orders of Robert/Ned and became obsessed with accomplishing the goals as "king's men".  Beric's ultimate goal as head of the brotherhood wasn't solely to promote the agenda of R'hllor but to bring justice for the small forlk who were being savaged during the war of 5 kings just as he was when Ned sent him out after Gregor.

Just as Lady Stoneheart is solely focused on avenging her family against Frey and Lannister.

Jon will be solely determined to rescue his sister, avenge his family at Winterfell and probably now pretty pissed off at those who stabbed him and prevented him from pursuing these tasks in the first place.   

15 hours ago, dariopatke said:

I had to put something below. :)

If you are bored, you can also say which King will he serve,will he be King? If so, Kinf of what? Will there be any Kings? Will he return to NW eventually?

Oh, sure sure.

I think he won't be king. I'll make a bigger contribution regarding this subject later. I'm busy now.

4 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

He will be Kingslayer V2.0 

I could see this happening. Him defeating the Nights King, and the title kingslayer is now bestowed on someone in a positive light, thus tying into Jamie's story arc (absolving him totally? from his past sin)

No, just no. 

Why tie Jon to Jaime? And how does Jon defeating the Nights King absolve Jaime? 

He will serve no king or queen. He will not be king himself. But he will serve gods. Certainly not R'hllor who is related to necromancy and the evil arts which ended with the first Long Night. IMO, the Old Gods are not gods. They are ancient CotF greenseers, now merged with the weirwoods and the Earth. Jon is sent by god(s), TPTWP. He will serve these gods, the Lion of Night and/or the Maiden-Made-of-Light. Whatever their names are now.

Archived