Maybe Tyrion's mother never died and maybe she is Septa Lemore.

esilvia2003

She would need to be dying her hair. Lady Joanna was Lannister blonde.

My money is on Lady Mallario of Norvos, wife of Doran Martell. I never bought the story that she upped and left him just because he fostered Quentyn at Yronwood. The Norvosi don't strike me as a particularly gentle folk.

Plus GRRM has a penchant for scrambling names -- Alleras/Sarella, Moqorro/Quhuru Mo -- so from Mallario, it's not hard to get to Lemore, at least phonetically.

• 5 months later...

I dunno; my first thought was that Lemore was actually the mother of one of the Sand Snakes; I forget which one exactly, but she says her mother was a septa. Not sure how that would fit in with the great scheme of things, unless it's another facet of Oberyn's great plot, bringing Tyrion to Danaerys. Of course, that would mean he's playing a very deep game indeed, since Varys and Mopatis are the ones bringing Tyrion there, but they may be working for Oberyn without knowing it.

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2016 at 9:09 PM, Lord Dispenseur said:

I dunno; my first thought was that Lemore was actually the mother of one of the Sand Snakes; I forget which one exactly, but she says her mother was a septa. Not sure how that would fit in with the great scheme of things, unless it's another facet of Oberyn's great plot, bringing Tyrion to Danaerys. Of course, that would mean he's playing a very deep game indeed, since Varys and Mopatis are the ones bringing Tyrion there, but they may be working for Oberyn without knowing it.

Indeed. Lemore is most likely Tyene Sand's mother and thus she will be instrumental in bringing the support of Dorne to fAegon as well as of the Faith.

43 minutes ago, rotting sea cow said:

Indeed. Lemore is most likely Tyene Sand's mother and thus she will be instrumental in bringing the support of Dorne to fAegon as well as of the Faith.

I got the same impression reading the appendix but I seem to recall that someone in another thread long ago disproved it for some reason but I cannot recall why it didn't fit.  She is definitely going to turn up being someone important because otherwise George wouldn't have Tyrion trying to figure out who she was.  As for Joanna, no, can't see how this would fit into the plot or to whom pretending that she died in childbirth could have benefit.  Also not sure how old Septa Lemore is but I think probably too young to be Tyrion's mother but I could be wrong.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

In Westeros, in Reach most likely. Arianne had told that they visited her with Tyene across the Mander when Lemore was in Essos.

Do we know when that happened? Both Arianne and Tyene are older than YG. Do we know since when Lemore is with Young Griff? Since he was old enough to understand the mysteries of the Faith. Which age is that?

4 minutes ago, rotting sea cow said:

Do we know when that happened? Both Arianne and Tyene are older than YG. Do we know since when Lemore is with Young Griff? Since he was old enough to understand the mysteries of the Faith. Which age is that?

Lets see. Tyene is about 23ish and FAegon is about 18ish(16 according to Tyrion). If Tyene's mom-Lemore entered JonCon's company 5 years after so Tyene & Arianne would be 10-12 at the moment, they may remember seeing her but I don't think that Arianne would be capable to remember Mander after 10 years.

• 1 month later...

My crackpot (with no text to support it) is that Jyana Reed is actually Joanna Lannister. She fled east to find her truest love, Brynden Blackfish, after Tywin's outrage on Tyrion's birth. Guess what? Brynden is not into the ladies but he is a good-guy-knight so he helped her run. Run to the Neck. The reason the Reed kids don't talk about their mother is that she is not a true crannog. Gotta hide away just like Howland does with his magic castle. Jyana - Joanna?

Hey, I said it was crackpot.

As to Lemore, I'm not quite sure. Someone thought to be dead is probs true

Yet, I can't help but think of Poe's 'The Raven'. (Lemore- Lenore) A talking raven and a woman named Lanore long gone. Poe studies the raven to figure out just who or what it is just as Tyrion ponders on and questions Lemore. 

• 2 weeks later...

Um... Her death was witnessed by Tyrion, Jaime, Tywin, Kevan (I would assume), Genna, honestly why lie about this. On top of that the entire point of Tyrion is that his only friend pre-ASOIAF is Jaime and he never was around much, and know we know they are on really bad terms, the only others Bronn and Shay he payed to keep around, his sister and father despise him and most people have no respect for him, Varys and Illyrio are using him. For his mom to suddenly be a random character undermines that, also, why?

Archived