Is Tysha dead?

esilvia2003

I don't see why she would be.  If this were the real world, I would be worried about her dying from injuries suffered from the rape, or possibly suicide.  But since this is a work of fiction, I think that she is alive and that we will probably find out what happened to her.  Hopefully she remade her life far away from any Lannisters.  I seriously doubt that she is the Sailor's Wife though..  That sounds way too much of a stereotypical trope for George (or me).  

My own personal fantasy is that Sam, in Oldtown, sees a woman celebrating Tywin's death.  He discovers that it is Tysha, who has remade her life and wants nothing to do with Tyrion or any other Lannisters.  Someone deserves a happy ending in this story.:)

That's one possible ending. I could see Tyrion finding her gravestone (or otherwise learning that she's dead) and breaking down into sobbing. 

I'm sure there is some consensus in the Sailor's Wife (an extravagant whore of Happy Port) being Tysha. She even has a golden haired daughter, Lanna, who may probably be Tyrion's daughter, since she's fourteen years old and her birth matches the time Tysha and Tyrion married.

I don't think it will go further than that. A Tysha-Tyrion reencounter would be ridiculous and childish from George. If the Sailor's Wife is Tysha, it's just part of ASOIAF world building.

Tysha just ran away from Westeros, a continent which only brought her traumatic memories after the Tywin incident, and settled in Braavos.

Tywin Said he didn't have her killed. Unless she died in the birthing bed or some other misfortune it would be hard to say she is 100% dead. 
Most common thought she is in Braavos working in a brothel and loving the gods

37 minutes ago, desire said:

I fail to use my Mac. Sigh. I am trapped inside a quote box.

Anyways, if I recall correctly, Tywin gave Tysha a silver coin for each soldier who raped her and a gold one for Tyrion. That's enough to travel anywhere, methinks.

3 hours ago, esilvia2003 said:

Is Tysha dead?

Well, she was a pretty commoner when she met Tyrion. Not much is known about her strengths, but I can only imagine that  being sexually assaulted by an entire garrison of troops would cause a great deal of physical damage to her, and medical care being non-existent means she could have died from infection soon after
That does not begin to include the psychological damage of said rape compounded by the fact that  her husband, the one man who should be there to protect her was in on it at  the end. Suicide or extremely destructive behavior can be a result from trauma of that magnitude. 
So, Dead? Likely
Alive? in the technical sense yes, but probably dead inside, or at least traumatized with major PTSD 

I read a theory, on these very forums, that Littlefinger has Tysha stashed away somewhere waiting to reveal her at his convenience to undo the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa, so she is free to be married to Harold Harrding. The marriage between Sansa and Tyrion was never consummated, so it can be put aside, and Baelish wins. 

Tywin said "Wherever whores go" where do whores go? Who employs whores? Littlefinger is both of those answers. 

The other side of that is "How could Baelish possibly know that he would need to undo a marriage betwixt Sansa and Tyrion?" 

He could have just have her tucked away, waiting to spring this on Tyrion, if he needed anything from him, but this suits his needs more.

It would be cool if Tyrion had a child he doesn't know about, it would change him for good. As far as Tysha goes we don't have enough data BUT with the information given by Jaime, I think it's safe to assume Tyrion will do something about it. Maybe go look for her if he survives the long night. 

I don't think she is.

Perhaps she was banished.

I remember a while ago a theory, according to which, Tysha was the Dusky Woman, which is why her tongue was cut, so as  not to reveal that she was legally married to Tyrion Lannister.The fact that Vic is on his way to Meereen, and he intends to let the woman live, suggests a possible reunion with Tyrion.

The Sailor's wife is frequently mentioned as a possible alias for Tysha, but it is more likely that Gerion is the Lannister she married, not Tyrion.

Then there was another theory, where Tysha got pregnant and she gave birth to Oppo and Penny, therefore Tyrion is their father. Penny does mention that her father was a little person but not her mother. Then again Penny mentions that her father was a mummer, so I don't think that this theory is likely.

Tysha is one of the few unseen characters, who is so important to Tyrion.

There is a possibility that when the story ends, Tyrion may still be looking for Tysha.

Then again I think that it would be odd for GRRM to write such a complex plot and not to reveal Tysha's fate to the reader. 

1 hour ago, Danelle said:

I don't think she is.

Perhaps she was banished.

I remember a while ago a theory, according to which, Tysha was the Dusky Woman, which is why her tongue was cut, so as  not to reveal that she was legally married to Tyrion Lannister.The fact that Vic is on his way to Meereen, and he intends to let the woman live, suggests a possible reunion with Tyrion.

The Sailor's wife is frequently mentioned as a possible alias for Tysha, but it is more likely that Gerion is the Lannister she married, not Tyrion.

Then there was another theory, where Tysha got pregnant and she gave birth to Oppo and Penny, therefore Tyrion is their father. Penny does mention that her father was a little person but not her mother. Then again Penny mentions that her father was a mummer, so I don't think that this theory is likely.

Tysha is one of the few unseen characters, who is so important to Tyrion.

There is a possibility that when the story ends, Tyrion may still be looking for Tysha.

Then again I think that it would be odd for GRRM to write such a complex plot and not to reveal Tysha's fate to the reader.

I have honestly never read the theory Tysha was the Dusky woman. Wouldnt it have been stated by now by Tyrion if Tysha was a black woman? His memories and descriptions of things can usually be quite vivid, especially sexual ones. I'm sure he would have noted her skin colour by now.

I personally think Tysha is alive, is the sailors wife, Lanna is Tyrions daughter and the only red herring on the matter to throw us off is Gerion Lannister. We should hear/see more of her in the next books.

That would be only logical.

Every once in a while we have such a thread, where people simultaneously claim "if Tysha's alive, then it has the potential of fucking up Lannister dynastic plans" and "Tysha's probably alive, Tywin would have no reason to have her killed". The former directly contradicts the latter: if Tysha had the potential of, some day, fucking up Lannister political endeavors, then killing her would've been the easiest, simplest, and surest mean to prevent that. Especially for Tywin, who prefers such solutions anyway.

But who knows, really.

Archived