Theon's bastard

Ok so one of the many reasons the ironborn won't support Theon as the king of the iron islands is because supposedly his manhood has been cut off and he can't have an heir. What about the Captain's daughter from the merchant ship that brought him there? It says in the book that he's had her so many times she is likely with child. I think this will be important later when determining who rules the iron islands. Or is it just there to show us how much of a womanizer Theon is?

2 minutes ago, TheDornishScorpion said:

Ok so one of the many reasons the ironborn won't support Theon as the king of the iron islands is because supposedly his manhood has been cut off and he can't have an heir. What about the Captain's daughter from the merchant ship that brought him there? It says in the book that he's had her so many times she is likely with child. I think this will be important later when determining who rules the iron islands. Or is it just there to show us how much of a womanizer Theon is?

The latter. 

The ironborn won't support him because he's a wreck, weak and half a greenlander.

Besides Theon's fate is tied to Winterfell not the Iron Islands. Winterfell is his home. 

If a Greyjoy will rule the Iron Islands it'll be Asha.

39 minutes ago, TheDornishScorpion said:

Or is it just there to show us how much of a womanizer Theon is?

Pretty this, establishing more of Theon's attitude toward whoring and women, which makes him no different than most of the Ironborn. 

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

And chances are he burned his real kids when he burned the two miller's boys and passed them off for Bran and Rickon.

Maybe???

Probably the younger one. Theon stated that the miller's boys look around to be Bran's age. So, Theon would have to be like 10 if the oldest boy is his son and his first time screwing the miller's wife lol. But maybe the younger miller's son could have been his son.

Just now, The Arthur Smith said:

Probably the younger one. Theon stated that the miller's boys look around to be Bran's age. So, Theon would have to be 10 if the oldest boy is his son and screwing the miller's wife lol. But maybe the younger miller's son could have been his son.

Gotcha. Thanks :cheers:

Theon's problem in regard to the Iron Born is not his inability to produce an heir, but how weak he is. Even before Ramsay they weren't going to follow, They really won't now. The Iron Born are no more than the Dothraki on boats. They follow power. Theon has been broken and even though he's found himself emotionally and spiritually from his time as Reek, he's not going to regain who he was physically so the Iron Born won't have him 

We saw Theon's bastard in Samwell's last chapter in Feast, but many thought it might be Robb's son because of a mistake in the size of Jenyne's hips (or maybe Jaime just likes wide loads)...

At the Weeping Dock, he watched two acolytes help an old man into a boat for the short voyage to the Bloody Isle. A young mother climbed in after him, a babe not much older than Gilly's squalling in her arms.

The ship hailed from Oldtown...

The Myraham was a fat-bellied southron merchanter up from Oldtown, carrying wine and cloth and seed to trade for iron ore. Her captain was a fat-bellied southron merchanter as well, ...

Theon Greyjoy pushed her hand aside and climbed off the bunk. "My place is Pyke, and yours is on this ship."

"I can't stay here now."

He laced up his breeches. "Why not?"

"My father," she told him. "Once you're gone, he'll punish me, milord. He'll call me names and hit me."

Theon swept his cloak off its peg and over his shoulders. "Fathers are like that," he admitted as he pinned the folds with a silver clasp. "Tell him he should be pleased. As many times as I've fucked you, you're likely with child. It's not every man who has the honor of raising a king's bastard." She looked at him stupidly, so he left her there.

Going by LmL's theories, I think that Iron Islands will be destroyed - "drowned" so to speak - and that Theon as Bran's agent will pretend to bring the Hammer of the Waters at the same time the comet hits the water. Surviving ironborn will reject their Drowned God ways of pillaging, raiding and stealing and agree to follow Theon to mainland as their "Moses" - he will lead them to Cape Kraken in the North, from where Theon will bring his people to Jon and Bran. Since I believe both Jon and Bran will be heavily intertwined with undead theme of this series and given ironborn phrase "what is dead may never die", I think ironborn will accept Old Gods (Bran) as their new religion and Jon as their king because he is precisely what that phrase describes. Other way I see no story reason for Theon - there is a reason why he is ironborn prince who grew up in the North, he is the only hope for Iron Islands population to survive the uncoming Long Night.

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

We saw Theon's bastard in Samwell's last chapter in Feast, but many thought it might be Robb's son because of a mistake in the size of Jenyne's hips (or maybe Jaime just likes wide loads)...

Why would people think it was Jeyne and Robb's kid? Sure I know the theory that Jeyne escaped Riverrun, but there is not much of a description to go from for people to draw the conclusion that the mother was Jeyne. 

I do not think Jaime is into wide loads, though he may prefer the epithet of "Ser Mix-a-lot"

5 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Why would people think it was Jeyne and Robb's kid? Sure I know the theory that Jeyne escaped Riverrun, but there is not much of a description to go from for people to draw the conclusion that the mother was Jeyne. 

I do not think Jaime is into wide loads, though he may prefer the epithet of "Ser Mix-a-lot"

The old man was thought to be the Blackfish. 

8 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

Going by LmL's theories, I think that Iron Islands will be destroyed - "drowned" so to speak - and that Theon as Bran's agent will pretend to bring the Hammer of the Waters at the same time the comet hits the water. Surviving ironborn will reject their Drowned God ways of pillaging, raiding and stealing and agree to follow Theon to mainland as their "Moses" - he will lead them to Cape Kraken in the North, from where Theon will bring his people to Jon and Bran. Since I believe both Jon and Bran will be heavily intertwined with undead theme of this series and given ironborn phrase "what is dead may never die", I think ironborn will accept Old Gods (Bran) as their new religion and Jon as their king because he is precisely what that phrase describes. Other way I see no story reason for Theon - there is a reason why he is ironborn prince who grew up in the North, he is the only hope for Iron Islands population to survive the uncoming Long Night.

I really like this thought because it ends in Theon carrying out the task he was set to by Robb, bringing the Ironborn into Alliance with the North. In a sense it gives his story closure and redemption.

16 hours ago, TheDornishScorpion said:

Ok so one of the many reasons the ironborn won't support Theon as the king of the iron islands is because supposedly his manhood has been cut off and he can't have an heir.

I haven't seen any textual evidence that the Ironborn refused Theon due to his mutilation (whatever that may entail). They found him and his soft greenland ways distasteful long before he fell into Ramsay's hands. 

5 hours ago, LadyoftheNorth72 said:

I haven't seen any textual evidence that the Ironborn refused Theon due to his mutilation (whatever that may entail). They found him and his soft greenland ways distasteful long before he fell into Ramsay's hands. 

I believe you are correct. I don't think Ramsay ever sent Theon's "favorite toy" in the books. That was a tv thing, but from an episode GRRM wrote so it somewhat reinforces the hints in the books.

Now rejecting him because he has been flayed and a piece of skin was sent is very plausible, as you mentioned in your second line.

I actually think all (or most) if the IB think Theon is dead. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I wanna say that the lords now in WInterfell just found out who Theon is because Roose just told them.

A Feast for Crows - The Kraken's Daughter

Her mother's skin had been parchment thin, her long hair white. Some pride remained in the way she held her head, but her eyes were dim and cloudy, and her mouth had trembled when she asked after Theon. "Did you bring my baby boy?" she had asked. Theon had been ten years old when he was carried off to Winterfell a hostage, and so far as Lady Alannys was concerned he would always be ten years old, it seemed. "Theon could not come," Asha had to tell her. "Father sent him reaving along the Stony Shore." Lady Alannys had naught to say to that. She only nodded slowly, yet it was plain to see how deep her daughter's words had cut her.
And now I must tell her that Theon is dead, and drive yet another dagger through her heart. There were two knives buried there already. On the blades were writ the words Rodrik and Maron, and many a time they twisted cruelly in the night. I will see her on the morrow, Asha vowed to herself. Her journey had been long and wearisome, she could not face her mother now.

25 minutes ago, Dorian Martell said:

Asha and whatever continental lord she marries to get his army to secure her lordship 

I totally agree with this. There was the story about Torgon the Latecomer that follows the quote from Roderick that Asha has come too late. Plus, she is the only sane one that is trying to bring the II into "modern" age.

23 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

The ship hailed from Oldtown...

No, I think it is the former with the girl being the daughter of the captain of the Myraham. The ship's home is in Oldtown. 

As to the OP, I don't think the Ironborn would let a bastard rule over them. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/3/2016 at 11:27 PM, Fire Eater said:

No, I think it is the former with the girl being the daughter of the captain of the Myraham. The ship's home is in Oldtown. 

As to the OP, I don't think the Ironborn would let a bastard rule over them. 

But the boy might not be a bastard. Although Salt marriages were customarily performed by priests of the Drowned God, the Captain's daughter said she wanted to be Theon's salt wife, and if Aeron survives, he might declare her to be Theon's salt wife. Sons of salt wives are legitimate, and they can inherit if there are no sons born of a rock wife. 

Archived