AMC's ‘The Terror’ (based on the novel by Dan Simmons)

AncalagonTheBlack

31 minutes ago, Isis said:

Great timing isn't it? :)

If they have any sense they could use this to nicely frame the story eg have them find the ship at the start of the story - then retrace, or have it at the very end. It may be that Simmons did this anyhow. Does anything in the discovery contradict things significantly? Not that such things ultimately matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 6:33 AM, red snow said:

Does anything in the discovery contradict things significantly? Not that such things ultimately matter.

Well it's not a major plot point, but

They do burn the ship in the end, so I doubt there'd be much of a wreck to find. The actual ship is supposed to be in really good shape, considering. But anyway the burning isn't integral to the plot.

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

Well it's not a major plot point, but

Hide contents

They do burn the ship in the end, so I doubt there'd be much of a wreck to find. The actual ship is supposed to be in really good shape, considering. But anyway the burning isn't integral to the plot.

Probably worth them adjusting that story point anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hinds is perfect, automatically you know they're not going to portray Franklin as a completely unsympathetic buffoon.

I love Harris in Mad Men and Fringe but my first impression is that he seems a bit too...dainty and not grizzled enough?  I remember the character in the book as a bitter, practical man who it's implied would have risen a lot higher in the navy were it not for his lower birth. 

I spent half a day on the ss Great Britain in Bristol this week and afterwards I was thinking: when is The Terror going to be on. Good to know there's a date. That trailer looks great, really it does look just how I imagined it while reading the books. 

I love Harris in Mad Men and Fringe but my first impression is that he seems a bit too...dainty and not grizzled enough?  I remember the character in the book as a bitter, practical man who it's implied would have risen a lot higher in the navy were it not for his lower birth.

I'm a bit bemused by this. Harris is not dainty at all and is very grizzled particularly in The Expanse. I can easily see them doing the role.

9 hours ago, Werthead said:

I'm a bit bemused by this. Harris is not dainty at all and is very grizzled particularly in The Expanse. I can easily see them doing the role.

I've never seen it, but that's encouraging to hear. Is that show good?

Maybe "dainty" was the wrong word. But he's just such a pushover on Mad Men.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

It's one of the best shows on TV right now, so yup.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I watched the first season last week.  It was excellent.  It is a wonderful translation of the books to TV.  I was very impressed.

16 hours ago, Werthead said:

He also played U.S. Grant in Lincoln. Some would say Grant was a few petticoats shy of dainty. 

Archived