DL: The Autumn Whatever

peterbound

Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love tie in novels (or not)

In which I will attempt to recap my daily reads of this fucked up book. 

Day one:  The cover

All i'm going say about the cover is this: If this was the same one used in some of the original runs, I can't help but think that there was a young DRII out there, dick in hand, pleasing himself to steel bikini clad warrior maidens.  Not the best representation of cover art in the genre and probably something I would have torn off if attempting to read in actual physical form. 

I checked about four different covers of the DL chronicles and none features a scantily clad maiden. Their garb might be a little tight but never particularly revealing... there are probably such covers in different editions but not in the "classic" ones.

Drugs: No

Name: Yes, i was fucking around. 

Cover: While the one above is one of the more conservative covers, the one I seem to have as a lady that i'm sure could get DR's heart a' racing. 

Chapter 1 read:  I got through the prolog, started the first chapter and feel asleep.  Now, it wasn't horrible, and I did have some Tylenol PM on board, so i'm not going to blame the book.  I'll try and read some more in the bath tub this morning. 

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

This cover?

Still pretty chaste. I mean, Goldmoon's hot and all, but that's a pretty low bar to get the heart racing.

The main I notice with that cover is how it's managed to make Goldmoon white. Also, they're rubbish at noticing dragons.

This is the edition I had, cover isn't too bad by fantasy tie-in standards.

13 minutes ago, williamjm said:

The main I notice with that cover is how it's managed to make Goldmoon white. Also, they're rubbish at noticing dragons.

This is the edition I had, cover isn't too bad by fantasy tie-in standards.

If there was a depiction that made Goldmoon look like a "tribesperson" or whatever, I'm not sure I ever saw it.

Archived