Dunk & Red Widow

Dr Qyburn M.D

But there is a good chance that Brienne is a descendant of Dunk. There are several hints in the books, most convincing is the shield Brienne gets painted to match one she remembered from her father's armoury - it sounds very like Dunk's shield.

Also they are both very tall. Both joined King's guard while neither were actually knighted. Both excellent fighters and both very honourable.

12 minutes ago, RedShirt47 said:

But there is a good chance that Brienne is a descendant of Dunk. There are several hints in the books, most convincing is the shield Brienne gets painted to match one she remembered from her father's armoury - it sounds very like Dunk's shield.

Also they are both very tall. Both joined King's guard while neither were actually knighted. Both excellent fighters and both very honourable.

Do you think this is proof he slept with Rohanne? I'm not sure what your meaning and just looking for clarification. 

6 hours ago, Dr Qyburn M.D said:

So did Dunk have sex with Rohanne Webber at the end of The Sworn Sword or did they just kiss?

Just wondering if Dunk has some old bastard out there smewhere

This is one of those things that loads of people firmly believe but there is no 100% proof and it's never been confirmed. 

57 minutes ago, RedShirt47 said:

This is very likely indeed.

Rohanne and Dunk probably only kissed during the events of the Sworn Sword.

But after giving birth to Jason Lannister, she mysteriously dissapeared...

Perhaps she reunited with Dunk?

Who knows?

11 minutes ago, Danelle said:

This is very likely indeed.

Rohanne and Dunk probably only kissed during the events of the Sworn Sword.

But after giving birth to Jason Lannister, she mysteriously dissapeared...

Perhaps she reunited with Dunk?

Who knows?

Rohanne and Brienne are both described as freckly plenty times. Brienne could be a descendant of their possible Union. 

Im gonna set some time aside to try and join the dots actually. Will be fun. 

1 minute ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Rohanne and Brienne are both described as freckly plenty times. Brienne could be a descendant of their possible Union. 

Im gonna set some time aside to try and join the dots actually. Will be fun. 

The whole situation is so complicated...

Rohanne married and gave birth to the children of Gerold Lannister, officially and without a doubt.

She is also described as a woman with bright green eyes, just like most Lannisters. Her fierce determination to protect he land and her rights, echoes Tywin.

Duncan is a man who has travelled, a lot. I think that GRRM intends to write Dunk's adventures, until his death at Summerhall.

It is possible that he fathered bastards. There are no references-so far-of him having legitimate heirs. 

If Brienne she is descended from him (and I believe she is) then she is unaware.

Perhaps one of Brienne's ancestors was a child of Dunk. Whether it was also a child of Rohanne, well that is a mystery. 

So far the only interaction between Dunk and a member of House Tarth, was during the Ashford tourney, where a Tarth competed.

It is frustrating that we know so few details about Rohanne's dissapearance and full Tarth history...

1 hour ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Do you think this is proof he slept with Rohanne? I'm not sure what your meaning and just looking for clarification. 

No, I don't believe he slept with Rohanne. The OP said "Just wondering if Dunk had a bastard out there". he likely has descendants, although we don't know if they were bastards. Could be that Dunk marries and after his wife dies he joins the King's Guard.

8 minutes ago, RedShirt47 said:

No, I don't believe he slept with Rohanne. The OP said "Just wondering if Dunk had a bastard out there". he likely has descendants, although we don't know if they were bastards. Could be that Dunk marries and after his wife dies he joins the King's Guard.

With you mate. Was just checking if you were pointing at a possible Dunk/Rohanne Union leading to Brienne which I'm quite interested In. 

23 minutes ago, Danelle said:

The whole situation is so complicated...

Rohanne married and gave birth to the children of Gerold Lannister, officially and without a doubt.

She is also described as a woman with bright green eyes, just like most Lannisters. Her fierce determination to protect he land and her rights, echoes Tywin.

Duncan is a man who has travelled, a lot. I think that GRRM intends to write Dunk's adventures, until his death at Summerhall.

It is possible that he fathered bastards. There are no references-so far-of him having legitimate heirs. 

If Brienne she is descended from him (and I believe she is) then she is unaware.

Perhaps one of Brienne's ancestors was a child of Dunk. Whether it was also a child of Rohanne, well that is a mystery. 

So far the only interaction between Dunk and a member of House Tarth, was during the Ashford tourney, where a Tarth competed.

It is frustrating that we know so few details about Rohanne's dissapearance and full Tarth history...

Very frustrating.

ive actually got notes ive kept on Dunk and the possibilities of his descendants, I'm going to return to them now actually and sift through the books again to see if a refreshed approach offers up any new info. Particularly concerning Rohanne, Brienne, Tarth etc. 

If as is likely, Brienne is Dunk's descendant, then Dunk must either have married a Tarth (if the lordship was held by a woman) or more likely, his child married a Tarth.  The Tarths are related to the Targaryens, according to WOIAF, so Dunk might very well have married one of Egg's sisters, and their child then married into the Tarths.

I think it's clear that the Red Widow wanted to make love with Dunk when she met him in the stable, (and he was very tempted) but he contented himself with a kiss, and taking her braid.  Whether there was any future liaison between them is something we'll have to wait and see. 

I'm sure that the mystery of her disappearance will eventually be solved, in one of the later stories. 

47 minutes ago, Dizzy Walker said:

it would be lovely to find out Brienne had a great grandma from Dorne who was a very accomplished puppeteer.....

My money is on this as the beginning of the link from Dunk to Brienne. I wouldn't focus on the red widow's freckles when clearly the most out of place trait of Brienne is her height (Tanselle Too-Tall).

To the OP, doubt it. Seems out of character to bang Ser Useless' wife at that point.

Selwyn Tarth (as with all Lord Tarths) is called "The Evenstar."  Dunk's star on his personal arms is an falling star at evening, i.e. an evenstar.  Dunk's shield could foreshadow a union (romantic or marital) with Tarth, as has been most often proposed.  Alternatively, the shield could be a hint that Dunk is a Tarth.  Brienne is said to be a descendant of Dunk, so if the latter is true, perhaps Dunk discovers who his parents were and he or descendant marry back into Tarth, or perhaps Brienne is not a direct descendant of Dunk.

27 minutes ago, AryaGonnaEatThatDeadFatGuy said:

My money is on this as the beginning of the link from Dunk to Brienne. I wouldn't focus on the red widow's freckles when clearly the most out of place trait of Brienne is her height (Tanselle Too-Tall).

To the OP, doubt it. Seems out of character to bang Ser Useless' wife at that point.

On the contrary, being a descendant of Dunk in some way, Brienne's height is her most appropriate physical attribute.  But I agree with your response to the OP.  Dunk is not the type of man to sleep with another man's wife.

It could explain where Brienne got her freckles from. But the only way it works is if Dunk, ahem, stuck his wick in the wax there in the stables, and while Rohanne was a tomboy and a coquette she seemed to be very careful about putting herself in awkward, ahem, positions. A tumble in the hay in the stables would seem a bit risky. Just ask Gatehouse Ami. (Of course there was a line in Ami's case or at least they required a bit more room.) Perhaps he returned after he showed Egg his prize? At that point he had refused the horse but in TMK Egg was riding it. 

"Webber, you nurse claims to lands lost in Westeros."

Dance

Webber was short and muscular, with spiders tattooed across his head and chest and arms.

Dance

It was a grant of rights, ser. To Lord Wyman Webber, from the king. For his leal service in the late rebellion, Lord Wyman and his descendants were granted all rights to the Chequy Water, from where it rises in the Horseshoe Hills to the shores of Leafy Lake. It also said that Lord Wyman and his descendants should have the right to take red deer and boar and rabbits in Wats Wood wheneer it pleased them, and to cut twenty trees from the wood each year. The boy cleared his throat. The grant was only for a time, though. The paper said that if Ser Eustace were to die without a male heir of his body, Standfast would revert to the crown, and Lord Webbers privileges would end.

TSS

So, maybe the Windblown Webber is a descendant of cousin Wendel who lost his chance to take Coldmoat when Dunk killed Lucas and Eustace wed Rohanne. If Webber had a child with Eustace (actually Dunk's bastard???) then Coldmoat could be held by House Osgrey. Assuming Osgrey will (unknowingly) side with the Black Dragon once again and the Windblown will side with Dany, this sets up another confrontation between Webber and Osgrey.

If she remains unwed on the second anniversary of her fathers passing, Coldmoat and its lands pass to his cousin Wendell. Perhaps you glimpsed him in the yard. A short man with a goiter on his neck, much given to flatulence. Though it is small of me to say so. I am cursed with excess wind myself. Be that as it may. Ser Wendell is grasping and stupid, but his lady wife is Lord Rowans sister . . . and damnably fertile, that cannot be denied. She whelps as often as he farts. Their sons are quite as bad as he is, their daughters worse, and all of them have begun to count the days. Lord Rowan has upheld the will, so her ladyship has only till the next new moon.

TSS

• 6 months later...

Archived