NFL 2016 Offseaon: free agency freakout

DanteGabriel

9 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Apparently Kaepernick wants to get traded to Cleveland. This guy must be a glutton for punishment. If ever there was a place for QBs to commit career suicide, it's the Mistake by the Lake.

Mistake by the Lake! I love it!!!

5 hours ago, Trebla said:

For the love of god just sign RGIII, Elway! I'm starting to fear he's a bit too confident in his abilities to do whatever he's doing.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

And yet, it may be an upgrade from old noodle arm.

But then again, PFM clearly showed us last season that he mastered the prevent offense.

Gary Kubiak saw Coach Klein's tactics at the end of Waterboy.

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh yeah, that's like ElseWorlds/What If levels of alternate reality right there. I do think the fanbase did turn a little too quickly of this guy last season. There is so much wrong with this team that pointing the finger at Kaepernick is pretty ridiculous.

About half the niner fans, including most of those on this board, have been dumping on him since he threw his first incomplete pass after being named starter in 2012.

The 49ers have a crappy FO and set of fans.  Can anyone blame him for wanting to jump ship? 

6 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Man, imagine how much one pass completion, at the end of the Super Bowl, could have changed this guy's career trajectory. It may not have prevented the flaws from creeping into his game, but the solidity of his status, the fan relationship and organizational support (much less probably keeping a volatile and over-khakied Super Bowl Winning Head Coach instead of driving him out) would have been vastly different.

Indeed, as it stands now, he is the only reason the niners weren't completely embarrassed by Joe Flacco and the Ravens in that super bowl.

1 hour ago, Tempra said:

About half the niner fans, including most of those on this board, have been dumping on him since he threw his first incomplete pass after being named starter in 2012.

The 49ers have a crappy FO and set of fans.  Can anyone blame him for wanting to jump ship? 

Indeed, as it stands now, he is the only reason the niners weren't completely embarrassed by Joe Flacco and the Ravens in that super bowl.

I've stood by him for the most part. He was good enough to front a team with a shutdown defense and a solid run game. With the team in its' current state though he's probably more valuable as trade bait for picks.

To the second bit, the first half of that game was a bit of an embarrassment, but the team as a whole came back to make it close. If you had to pick one factor for the turnaround I suppose you'd have to give it to the blackout. 

We've got Moneyball in action!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/12/browns-will-trade-a-third-round-pick-if-kaepernick-will-take-a-pay-cut/

Kap stands to make near $14 million this year and they want him to drop to between 7-8. This kind of negotiating is like playing Russian roulette with all the bullets in the gun. "Hey Colin, take a 50% pay cut and leave California for northeast Ohio! You'll love it!" The Browns should've hired Kevin Costner as their GM.

3 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

We've got Moneyball in action!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/12/browns-will-trade-a-third-round-pick-if-kaepernick-will-take-a-pay-cut/

Kap stands to make near $14 million this year and they want him to drop to between 7-8. This kind of negotiating is like playing Russian roulette with all the bullets in the gun. "Hey Colin, take a 50% pay cut and leave California for northeast Ohio! You'll love it!" The Browns should've hired Kevin Costner as their GM.

Sounds like they're going to test just how badly Kaepernick wants out of Santa Clara. 

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Well, this isn't good for the Steelers.

It's looking like he could be the new Josh Gordon. I hope for his own sake he's able to get a handle on his problems and overcome this. As a football fan I'm disappointed someone with so much talent is potentially ruining his career. If he never plays another down he had 17 TDs in just 23 games. This is why he dropped to the fourth round in the 2014 draft. 

17 hours ago, Mexal said:

Well, this isn't good for the Steelers.

Apparently the latest is that he didn't take the tests because he's battling with depression and entering rehab to deal with it. At least that's what the news just reported.

Apparently Fitzpatrick is looking for the 18 million dollar range. I love the guy, I defended him here for years, but anyone who pays him that is a damn fool. Looking like Denver's only way out is gonna be to sign RGIII before he gets poached by the Jets.

19 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Apparently Fitzpatrick is looking for the 18 million dollar range. I love the guy, I defended him here for years, but anyone who pays him that is a damn fool. Looking like Denver's only way out is gonna be to sign RGIII before he gets poached by the Jets.

I guess you can't blame the guy after seeing what the going rate for starting qbs has become, but he's not young like the guys getting these deals. If he keeps holding onto that number he could potentially find himself without a team for a while. He's in the group with Eric Weddle and Reggie Nelson, guys who are still productive but in their 30s, and teams don't want to pay market value for that due to the expected deterioration of skills sooner rather than later.

Martavis Bryant ends up getting a one year suspension as reported. He's already put out that he won't be appealing. Also says he will enter himself into rehab for evaluation on Sunday. Hopefully for his own sake he can get his life together and be happy. 

Also just saw that BJ Raji is taking at least a year off from football. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14971214/bj-raji-green-bay-packers-take-hiatus-nfl-rule-return-2016

Jesus Fucking Christ, you hope the guy can 'get his life together' from smoking a little pot? I don't know where that stupid phrase started being attached to the end of every comment about a bonehead or monster in the NFL, but it's past the point of useless.

Either he's a dumbass who needs to put down the bong, or he's an asshole and deserves it.

-Rant not directed at you, Renly, I see that stupid phrase attached to John Manziel every day and it's driven me mad.-

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Jesus Fucking Christ, you hope the guy can 'get his life together' from smoking a little pot? I don't know where that stupid phrase started being attached to the end of every comment about a bonehead or monster in the NFL, but it's past the point of useless.

Either he's a dumbass who needs to put down the bong, or he's an asshole and deserves it.

-Rant not directed at you, Renly, I see that stupid phrase attached to John Manziel every day and it's driven me mad.-

Or... The NFL, not unlike the United States, have draconian laws and punishments for people who want to smoke marijuana. I don't smoke myself, but I find it ridiculous how people treat this.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Sorry I also should have included he is supposedly dealing with some form of depression. I don't care about the smoking weed, besides it being a dumb decision when you know you are being tested. 

Archived