Moments of Foreshadowing v.11

Lost Melnibonean

3 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

so your saying jaime is the anti daemon? :)

You're*. No, I'm saying Jaime is "half" a Daemon, just like Jaime is half an Arthur Dayne, or a Gerold Hightower.

This is important because it shapes Jaime's arc - the realization that he is "half a man", both physically and honor-wise. He failed his father, his brother, his sister-wife, his snephew, his king. He wants redemption - which might never come - but the first step he's taken: accepting his failures.

Euron and the betrayal for blood.

“When will he be as he was?” Dany demanded.

“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east,” said Mirri Maz Duur. “When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.”

I interpret this to be about Drogon. Drogo's spirit became Drogon's in the pyre.

Dany says 'when will he be as he was?' I believe what this is all about is Drogon returning to the way he was. The way he is now. So something is going to happen to Drogon, and Dany is going to need him back the way he was.

So, what's going to happen to Drogon? In a word, Euron.

Generally what Euron is going to do doesn't need foreshadowing, he has straight up said what he's going to do. He is going to use the dragon horn to control dragons and make himself king. And he wants to marry Dany. And I think he's going to succeed.

Foreshadowing for the Ironborn having Drogon as a weapon below.

Most famous of all was Balon Blackskin, who fought with an axe in his left and a hammer in his right. No weapon made of man could harm him, it was said; swords glanced off and left no mark, and axes shattered against his skin.

Did such men ever truly walk the earth?

Black skin. Deflects steel. No such man has ever walked the earth, but such dragons have flown. (Axes shattering against his skin might mean Drogon kills/defeats Victarion.)

in such numbers that the men of the greenlands told each other that the ironborn were demons risen from some watery hell, protected by fell sorceries and possessed of foul black weapons that drank the very souls of those they slew.

Euron aligns also with the Bloodstone Emperor.

When the daughter of the Opal Emperor succeeded him as the Amethyst Empress, her envious younger brother cast her down and slew her, proclaiming himself the Bloodstone Emperor and beginning a reign of terror. He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride, feasted on human flesh, and cast down the true gods to worship a black stone that had fallen from the sky. (Many scholars count the Bloodstone Emperor as the first High Priest of the sinister Church of Starry Wisdom, which persists to this day in many port cities throughout the known world).

In the annals of the Further East, it was the Blood Betrayal, as his usurpation is named, that ushered in the age of darkness called the Long Night. Despairing of the evil that had been unleashed on earth, the Maiden-Made-of-Light turned her back upon the world, and the Lion of Night came forth in all his wroth to punish the wickedness of men.

Amethyst Emperor was a woman, but trade her for Balon and you basically have Euron.

He does awful things yes yes, and then, he worships a black stone fallen from the sky. Black stone from the sky = Drogon. Or, it may be his black horn, symbolically the two are interchangeable, they mean the same thing essentially.

He marries a tiger-woman. His blood betrayal is blamed for the Long Night.

Euron is also the Grey King. As Lost Melnibonean posted.

On the crown of the hill four-and-forty monstrous stone ribs rose from the earth like the trunks of great pale trees. The sight made Aeron's heart beat faster. Nagga had been the first sea dragon, the mightiest ever to rise from the waves. She fed on krakens and leviathans and drowned whole islands in her wrath, yet the Grey King had slain her and the Drowned God had changed her bones to stone so that men might never cease to wonder at the courage of the first of kings. Nagga's ribs became the beams and pillars of his longhall, just as her jaws became his throne. For a thousand years and seven he reigned here, Aeron recalled. Here he took his mermaid wife and planned his wars against the Storm God. From here he ruled both stone and salt, wearing robes of woven seaweed and a tall pale crown made from Nagga's teeth.

And more.

But that was in the dawn of days, when mighty men still dwelt on earth and sea. The hall had been warmed by Nagga's living fire, which the Grey had made his thrall.

The Grey King didn't just slay Nagga. He made his throne from her, a hall from which to rule, used her heat, her fire. He made her fire his thrall. Euron makes his plea, voices his ability and plan to bind dragons to his will and is declared King of the Iron Islands in front of Nagga's ribs.

Now, Euron is not going to kill Dany and take Drogon from her. He is going to marry Dany, that is his plan afterall, and he's going to succeed. And then trick Drogon from her, betray her.

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

. . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . .

This is of course the best foreshadowing for the union, and it is overwhelming.

Daario was of course a Stormcrow. The Crow's Eye claims to be the first and the last storm.

. . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . . 

The Bloodstone Emperor married a tiger-woman. The Grey King married a mermaid, fish-woman, so that his children may live on land or in water. I believe this is soft foreshadowing, Euron is going to take a dragon-woman, so he can live on land, and fly.

Now, the kings of House Hoare. In TWOIAF they come under the heading, The Black Blood.

Archmaester Hake tells us that the kings of House Hoare were, "black of hair, black of eye, and black of heart." Their foes claimed their blood was black as well, darkened by the "Andal taint," for many of the early Hoare kings took maidens of that ilk to wife. True Ironborn had salt water in their veins, the priests of the Drowned Gods proclaimed; the black-blooded Hoares were false kings, ungodly usurpers who must be cast down.

Euron is black, symbolically and literally in many ways, Aeron despises him and his kingship because he believes him godless. When Euron takes an Andal wife, the foreshadowing will grow deeper.

Now for trickery and betrayal.

Many tried to do just that over the centuries, as Haereg relates in some detail. None succeeded. What the Hoares lacked in valor they made up for in cunning and cruelty.

Someone has already tried this on Dany.

"Forgive me, my queen, but it is your dragons he dreams of."

"Xaro assures me that in Qarth, man and woman each retain their own property after they are wed. The dragons are mine." She smiled as Drogon came hopping and flapping across the marble floor to crawl up on the cushion beside her.

"He tells it true as far as it goes, but there's one thing he failed to mention. The Qartheen have a curious wedding custom, my queen. On the day of their union, a wife may ask a token of love from her husband. Whatsoever she desires of his worldly goods, he must grant. And he may ask the same of her. One thing only may be asked, but whatever is named may not be denied."

"One thing," she repeated. "And it may not be denied?"

"With one dragon, Xaro Xhoan Daxos would rule this city, but one ship will further our cause but little."

Marrying her and tricking her out of a dragon, and Xaro failed. But Euron is not Xaro, he likes women, is attractive, comes with the whole Iron Fleet and Ironborn, has a dragon horn and is especially charming and cunning.

Dany thinks about a horn, her need for one.

The dragonlords of old Valyria had controlled their mounts with binding spells and sorcerous horns. Daenarys made do with a word and whip. Mounted on the dragon's back, she oft felt as if she were learning to ride all over again. When she whipped ...

Sometimes it did not seem to matter where she struck him though; sometimes he went where he would and took her with him. Neither whip nor words would turn Drogon if he did not wish to be turned. The whip annoyed him more than it hurt him ...

Euron intends to bind the dragons to his will with the horn. The horn reads.

I am Dragonbinder ... No mortal man should sound me and live ... Blood for fire, fire for blood.

. . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

The Bloodstone Emperor's betrayal was called the Blood Betrayal.

Some more Grey King.

It was the Grey King who brought fire to the earth by taunting the Storm God until he lashed down with a thunderbolt, setting a tree ablaze.

The Storm God is Dany, the Stormborn. Euron is going trick Dany into giving him fire, Dragons, Drogon.

How Euron is going to make Drogon his thrall I'm not entirely sure, got a few theories. But I think part of it is he's going to make a wedding gift of the horn, and if we recall.

That was his brother's way. Euron's gifts are poisoned, the captain had to remind himself.

And so it will prove to be.

This is getting too long, I need to break it up.

Jon and Dany's child as TP(ess)TWP.

"A trader from Qarth once told me that dragons came from the moon," blond Doreah said ...

"The moon?"

"He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi," the Lysene girl said. "Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire from the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return."

The two Dothraki girls giggled and laughed. "You are foolish strawhead slave," Irri said. "Moon is no egg. Moon is god, woman wife of sun. It is known."

So Drogo is the son, Dany is the moon, their 'kissing' resulted in Dany becoming pregnant and their child brought forth dragons in a sacrificial sort of way.

The moon will kiss the sun again, Jon being the new sun, Dany and Jon will 'kiss'.

There's lots of symbolic association between Jon and Dany and the sun and moon which I'm not going to go into but for the below line. There's been at least one topic about it.

You should look behind you, Lord Snow. The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall."

Now, the moon 'wandering' too close to the sun, is describing an eclipse. Can't be sure if it's just going to be symbolic or literal, but Dany conceiving a child by Jon is an eclipse. I think it will be literal though, I think they will conceive a child in an eclipse.

a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey's tail.

The above comes under the heading of the Long Night in TWOIAF. The sun is Jon. The sun hiding its face from the earth is an eclipse is an eclipse and represent his and Dany's coupling, conceiving a child. Forget the monkey for now.

The sun is ashamed. And of course Jon would be.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post.

Now, the sun and moon of Westeros are not like ours, and it's been said their seasons are of a magical nature. The general consensus of the various legends in different cultures the Long Night is that the sun does not rise. I wonder if the eclipse is not like ours, and that it's a case of the sun and moon falling into an elliptical sync, the moon staying in front of the sun relative to their earth for a much longer time, a generation according to the legends. Hence the long night.

But anyway, a child conceived in darkness you'd think would be a bad omen, but that's not the case according to Melisandre. When an eclipse occurs it is the moon blocking the sun from the earth, casting the earth in its shadow. The biggest shadow there could be.

There are no shadows in the dark. Shadows are the servants of the light, the children of fire. The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows.

Jon and Dany couple in the shadow, and then is born a servant of light, child of fire.

How long the darkness endured no man can say, but all agree that it was only when a great warrior - known variously as Hyrkoon the Hero, Azor Ahai, Yin Tar, Neferion and Eldric Shadowchaser -- arose to give courage to the race of men and lead virtuous into battle with his blazing sword Lightbringer.

One of the names for the hero, Shadowchaser. The one who comes after the shadow.

So, the woman with the monkey tail. She brings back the sun, symbolic of ending the Long Night and curing Jon of his shame. I propose she is not a actually a woman, but a girl.

Dany's child Rhaego.

Monstrous. Twisted. I drew him forth myself. He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of a tail and small leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for years.

The first dragon queen brought forth a child prematurely on Dragonstone. Dany will also bear this child prematurely on Dragonstone. This is the description of Rhaenyra's Visenya.

According to Mushroom, Princess Rhaenyra had cursed Visenya while giving birth, calling her a monster. Mushroom also claims that Visenya had dragon-like birth defects. He described her as having been twisted and malformed, with a hole in her chest where her heart should have been and a stubby, scaled tail.

The above is quoted from the wiki. Dany will bring forth hers and Jon's babe, this one will actually be alive, and it will have the stub of a tail. And seeing his daughter (it will be a girl), the fruits of his oath-breaking, will cure him of his shame. And she will be The Princess that was Promise, and end the Long Night.

When the dragons were born AGOT ended with the dragon's noises being described as the music of dragons. In the vision Rhaegar says of Aegon, his will be the Song of Ice and Fire. I think, tepidly, the Song of Ice and Fire refers to the cries of Dany's and Jon's living newborn child.

Then ... then she (Hazzea I think) is sacrificed to return Drogon the way he was, to wake him from stone, to call forth his fire, so that Drogon can save the world. But that's another reply.

^I think the second moon getting to close to the sun was the moon of Drogo's life using blood magic in a foolish attempt to save her sun and stars. The moon cracked and Daenerys became the mother of dragons. So I would say the loop on that foreshadowing is closed. 

When conversing with the sailors of the Brazen Monkey Arya gets onto the subject of the Black Pearl, kick-starting Arya's thoughts back to when she told the Kindly Man about her.

"The Black Pearl," she told them. Merry claimed the Black Pearl was the most famous courtesan of all. "She's descended from the dragons, that one,"

Cat told the kindly man about the Black Pearl too. "Her true name is Bellegere Otherys," she informed him. It was one of the three things she had learned.

"It is," the priest said softly. "Her mother was Bellonara, but the first Black Pearl was a Bellegere as well."

The Black Pearls are Drogon with relation to Dany's husbands/lovers. The ones that count. They are Drogo, Euron and Jon.

The current Black Pearl is like the first Black Pearl. The second was different. Jon will be like Drogo. Euron is another. Drogo brought forth Drogon, Euron will corrupt him, Jon will fix him.

What did she say to you Cat?"

"She said 'I'll take three cockles,' and 'Do you have any hot sauce, little one?" the girl had answered.

The Black Pearl wants hot sauce. After Euron's corruption, Drogon will need his fire back.

Looking at this family tree another direction. Aegon IV had an affair with Bellegere Otherys. She had three children by him, named as follows.

The first, Bellenora (Drogo who gave birth to Drogon)

The second, Narha (Euron, who will corrupt him)

The third, Balerion Otherys (Jon, who will give him back his fire)

6 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Jon and Dany's child as TP(ess)TWP.

So Drogo is the son, Dany is the moon, their 'kissing' resulted in Dany becoming pregnant and their child brought forth dragons in a sacrificial sort of way.

The moon will kiss the sun again, Jon being the new sun, Dany and Jon will 'kiss'.

There's lots of symbolic association between Jon and Dany and the sun and moon which I'm not going to go into but for the below line. There's been at least one topic about it.

Now, the moon 'wandering' too close to the sun, is describing an eclipse. Can't be sure if it's just going to be symbolic or literal, but Dany conceiving a child by Jon is an eclipse. I think it will be literal though, I think they will conceive a child in an eclipse.

The above comes under the heading of the Long Night in TWOIAF. The sun is Jon. The sun hiding its face from the earth is an eclipse is an eclipse and represent his and Dany's coupling, conceiving a child. Forget the monkey for now.

The sun is ashamed. And of course Jon would be.

Now, the sun and moon of Westeros are not like ours, and it's been said their seasons are of a magical nature. The general consensus of the various legends in different cultures the Long Night is that the sun does not rise. I wonder if the eclipse is not like ours, and that it's a case of the sun and moon falling into an elliptical sync, the moon staying in front of the sun relative to their earth for a much longer time, a generation according to the legends. Hence the long night.

But anyway, a child conceived in darkness you'd think would be a bad omen, but that's not the case according to Melisandre. When an eclipse occurs it is the moon blocking the sun from the earth, casting the earth in its shadow. The biggest shadow there could be.

Jon and Dany couple in the shadow, and then is born a servant of light, child of fire.

One of the names for the hero, Shadowchaser. The one who comes after the shadow.

So, the woman with the monkey tail. She brings back the sun, symbolic of ending the Long Night and curing Jon of his shame. I propose she is not a actually a woman, but a girl.

Dany's child Rhaego.

The first dragon queen brought forth a child prematurely on Dragonstone. Dany will also bear this child prematurely on Dragonstone. This is the description of Rhaenyra's Visenya.

The above is quoted from the wiki. Dany will bring forth hers and Jon's babe, this one will actually be alive, and it will have the stub of a tail. And seeing his daughter (it will be a girl), the fruits of his oath-breaking, will cure him of his shame. And she will be The Princess that was Promise, and end the Long Night.

When the dragons were born AGOT ended with the dragon's noises being described as the music of dragons. In the vision Rhaegar says of Aegon, his will be the Song of Ice and Fire. I think, tepidly, the Song of Ice and Fire refers to the cries of Dany's and Jon's living newborn child.

Then ... then she (Hazzea I think) is sacrificed to return Drogon the way he was, to wake him from stone, to call forth his fire, so that Drogon can save the world. But that's another reply.

So since you think Dany and Jon will have a daughter, who will she marry? Lets call her Visneya. After the dance Rhanyra/dany bloodline held the ironthrone. and after the balckfyre rebbelion daeron the good who was widely believed to be fathered by his uncle also a kingsguard llike jaime. Maybe Tommen will marry danys daughter? would be a good plottwist.

He and Egg concealed themselves behind a thornbush. Dunk limiting his shield and slipped it onto his arm. It was an old thing, tall and heavy, kite-shaped, made of pine and rimmed with iron. He had bought it in Stoney Sept to replace the shield the Longinch had hacked to splinters when they fought. Dunk had not had time to have it painted with his elm and shooting star, so it still bore the arms of its last owner: a hanged man swinging grim and gray beneath a gallows tree. It was not a sigil that he would have chosen for himself, but the shield had come cheap. The first riders galloped past within moments; two young lordlings mounted on a pair of coursers. The one on the bay wore an open-faced helm of gilded steel with three tall feathered plumes: one white, one red, one gold. Matching plumes adorned his horse's crinet. The black stallion beside him was barded in blue and gold. His trappings rippled with the wind of his passage as he thundered past. Side by side the riders streaked on by, whooping and laughing, their long cloaks streaming behind.

Began a reread of The Mystery Knight before going to work this morning.  I noticed the colors of the bay's plumes matched Viserion's colors: white, red, and gold.  Could this foreshadow Jon riding Viserion, or at least associating himself with Viserion's rider?

Also note that Dunk's arms in this book are a man hanging in a gallows, which seems like an allusion to Brienne.

13 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

He and Egg concealed themselves behind a thornbush. Dunk limiting his shield and slipped it onto his arm. It was an old thing, tall and heavy, kite-shaped, made of pine and rimmed with iron. He had bought it in Stoney Sept to replace the shield the Longinch had hacked to splinters when they fought. Dunk had not had time to have it painted with his elm and shooting star, so it still bore the arms of its last owner: a hanged man swinging grim and gray beneath a gallows tree. It was not a sigil that he would have chosen for himself, but the shield had come cheap. The first riders galloped past within moments; two young lordlings mounted on a pair of coursers. The one on the bay wore an open-faced helm of gilded steel with three tall feathered plumes: one white, one red, one gold. Matching plumes adorned his horse's crinet. The black stallion beside him was barded in blue and gold. His trappings rippled with the wind of his passage as he thundered past. Side by side the riders streaked on by, whooping and laughing, their long cloaks streaming behind.

Began a reread of The Mystery Knight before going to work this morning.  I noticed the colors of the bay's plumes matched Viserion's colors: white, red, and gold.  Could this foreshadow Jon riding Viserion, or at least associating himself with Viserion's rider?

Also note that Dunk's arms in this book are a man hanging in a gallows, which seems like an allusion to Brienne.

Aren't the two riders Daemon II and Alyn Cockshaw? Are you associating the special snowflake with them? 

The shield bears the arms of House Trant. 

On 11/04/2016 at 6:02 AM, chrisdaw said:

Some King Tyrion foreshadowing I haven't posted, particularly relating to his death.

I had previously guessed Tyrion will take a gold dragon on a black for his personal standard in this primitive post.

I'm not sure if it was out at that stage (the Wiki seems to credit it with being a TWOIAF info predating my guess) but I wasn't aware that a gold dragon on black was Aegon II's standard. We don't often get personal standards, when we do it's because they mean something, and when there's something peculiar about them and the texts make a song and dance about it, they really mean something. A happy coincidence, Aegon II is the king who sat the IT when Cregan marched south on it.

I'm not entirely convinced it will be a dragon Tyrion takes as his sigil, though if it is it will ofcourse be because Viserion is his mount. But it might still be a golden lion he takes instead of the dragon. It will be gold though, and it will be on black unless Sansa has takes her own sigil. It's the foreshadowing of the gold eyed black bitch that is stared down by Ghost under the table.

Aegon II is a Tyrion parallel. His mount Sunfyre is a Jaime parallel. Criston Cole (Jaime) crowned him. But I'm not going to go too far into the foreshadowing here, just something particular.

Aegon suffered grievous wounds from a dragon battle with Baela on Moondancer. Baela and Moondancer are Arya, this is as per the battle at the gods eye foreshadowing on page one. Injured he eventually ends up in KL, king. And then, with Cregan's arrival imminent ...

Next up came the Hour of the Wolf where Cregan tries to get to the bottom of who poisoned him. The circumstances of his death ring pretty similar to this.

GRRM could hardly put a maiden in Aegon II's litter with him.

Another part Tyrion parallel is Aenys. Again I won't go deep into the parallel but here's a few snippets from the wiki.

Aenys collapsed and died, seemingly of natural causes, though it was suggested it was Visenya's doing, which would mean poison.

I think in ASOS when Tyrion is injured and healing he is scared of Cersei poisoning him, he refuses milk of the poppy from the maester and demands wine.

He is accused of killing a King that is actually a bastard with poisoned wine, if he is to be a Targ blooded King he would be probbably a bastard (to Aerys) too. And one of the thing that may foreshadow him being a king is the fake name he chooses, Hugor Hill, a bastard name that he choosed after the legendary King of the Andals Hugh of the hill. There is also the chapter where he talks to Jon and his shadow was casted as high as a King and ge says to Jon that all dwarfs are bastards to their parents eyes, ore something like that.

And i know it is not cannon but there is a pc game where he makes an apperance and one of the playable characters offers him wine stolen from Cersei, and Tyrion says to her that there are things that are not worth dying for,(stealing and drinking the queen regent's wine) and later the same character visits him in the dark cell where he was awaiting the judgement, and she was sent by Cersei with wine, Tyrion finds out it is Cersei's wine and that she sent the girl with it, and asks if it is poisoned, because there is nothing Cersei would like more than save herself from the trouble of a trial, and then he says , "There are things worth dying for." and drink it. There is also a theory here on the forum wich stakes that Cersei accidentally poisoned Joffrey because Tyrion was supposed to drink that wine not his asshole nephew.

And when in Pentos he found that poisonous mushroom (mushroom was the name of another dwarf) and drink a lot of illyrio's wine, and in the trip to get there he drinked so much wine that Varys asked if he was trying to drink his way to death, ore something like that.

Unfortunately Tyrion is my favorite character of all times and i would not like if he dies in such a shitty way as drinking poisoned wine.

Maybe many people already noticed this, but in the AFFC prologue, just before Pate meets the faceless man : A butcher's cart rumbled past Pate down the river road, five piglets in the back squealing in distress. And then pig boy Pate is butchered.

I am not sure if this has already been posted about, but I have been looking at the Sansa I chapter in ASoS.  I see tons of foreshadowing in her luncheon with the Tyrells.  I even see some clues for a poisoning of some lemon sauce on a pigeon pie but I am going to speak about the two chicks out of the dozen who jump out of the egg.

Butterbumps arrived before the food, dressed in a jester’s suit of green and yellow feathers with a floppy coxcomb.

An immense round fat man, as big as three Moon Boys, he came cartwheeling into the hall, vaulted onto the table, and laid a gigantic egg right in front of Sansa.

“Break it, my lady,” he commanded.  When she did, a dozen yellow chicks escaped and began running in all directions.

Little Lady Bulwer snagged one and handed it to him, whereby he tilted back his head, popped it into his huge rubbery mouth, and seemed to swallow it whole.

Lady Bulwer began to wail in distress, but her tears turned into a sudden squeal of delight when the chick came squirming out of the sleeve of her gown and ran down her arm.

The chick is Bran

Lady Bulwer = Meera

Butterbumps= Bloodraven

notice Lady Bulwer snagged the chick ( Meera uses a net that snags direwolves and people)  She hands the chick to Butterbumps who swallows it in his huge rubbery mouth.

This is the door below Night's Fort that opened wide and swallowed Bran.  This could also represent the mouth of the Cave of BloodRaven.

We saw Meera crying in the cave later.  The foreshadowing may be also that Bran will save Meera in some way while warging Hodor's body.  We have already seen him do this for Jorjen and Meera once in the cave.

The Second chick

One of the chicks hopped back onto the table and ran through Lady Graceford’s broth. No one seemed to be paying them any mind, but even so, she was frightened. 

A chick runs through Lady Graceford’s broth.  Arya is the chick who will use the broth that frees the Northmen at Harrenhall. 

No one seemed to be paying them any mind,  There is a NO one paying attention to Arya while she is in HH (Jaquen H'ghar) but Roose Bolton is not paying attention to the cupbearer “ Nan” who is becoming a No one.

Lady Graceford’s broth is interesting.  I am struck by the name grace and ford.

Arya  HotPie, and Gendry are trying so hard to get to Riverrun which means fording rivers.  But also the future of Arya with the Hound.

They will ford the river and grace will be given to the Hound by the Elder Brother after Arya does not give him mercy which could be looked at as " grace".   

Sorry my eye sight is really bad and I am not sure how to change the fonts  so that all the letters are the same size. 

There is  much more foreshadowing in the antics of Butterbumps and also the conversation Lady Olenna is having with Sansa but I was str;uck by the chicks.  The egg that Sansa cracked had 12 chicks. 

In another part of the story Tyrion alludes to Marcyella as a chick.  Perhaps we should look closer and find the other nine?

8 hours ago, Lord Asher Forrester said:

He is accused of killing a King that is actually a bastard with poisoned wine, if he is to be a Targ blooded King he would be probbably a bastard (to Aerys) too. And one of the thing that may foreshadow him being a king is the fake name he chooses, Hugor Hill, a bastard name that he choosed after the legendary King of the Andals Hugh of the hill. There is also the chapter where he talks to Jon and his shadow was casted as high as a King and ge says to Jon that all dwarfs are bastards to their parents eyes, ore something like that.

And i know it is not cannon but there is a pc game where he makes an apperance and one of the playable characters offers him wine stolen from Cersei, and Tyrion says to her that there are things that are not worth dying for,(stealing and drinking the queen regent's wine) and later the same character visits him in the dark cell where he was awaiting the judgement, and she was sent by Cersei with wine, Tyrion finds out it is Cersei's wine and that she sent the girl with it, and asks if it is poisoned, because there is nothing Cersei would like more than save herself from the trouble of a trial, and then he says , "There are things worth dying for." and drink it. There is also a theory here on the forum wich stakes that Cersei accidentally poisoned Joffrey because Tyrion was supposed to drink that wine not his asshole nephew.

And when in Pentos he found that poisonous mushroom (mushroom was the name of another dwarf) and drink a lot of illyrio's wine, and in the trip to get there he drinked so much wine that Varys asked if he was trying to drink his way to death, ore something like that.

Unfortunately Tyrion is my favorite character of all times and i would not like if he dies in such a shitty way as drinking poisoned wine.

I thought he'd die in battle like his hard real life parallel Richard III was the last king of England to die in battle but yeah I'm pretty convinced now it's poison. He will be king though undoubtedly, this one is the most complete run down of that, but there's more since then.

My big mouth will be the death of me, I swear it.

^^^ More poison wine foreshadowing.

I think he gets owned by Jon and his northern crew at the God's Eye, Viserion dies but he survives, comes back to KL all injured, again. Sansa takes care of him and is sleeping in the same room as him, which will be weird because she doesn't do that normally (even though she's his queen). It will parallel Visenya "taking care" of Aenys. So, Sansa and Tyrion in the bed, Tyrion wakes up dead. It won't necessarily be Sansa that did it, but you know how it's going to look. Which is going to be what this whole Myranda thing is really all about. BTW Jaime will claim responsibility, even though it wasn't him, to spare Sansa (or whoever really did do it) of Jon's wrath.

Spoiler

Alayne giggled. “Surely Lord Nestor would not seriously entertain a suit from such men.”

“Oh, he might. My lord father is annoyed with me for killing my last husband and putting him to all this trouble.”

“It was not your fault he died.”

“There was no one else in the bed that I recall.”

Alayne could not help but shutter. Myranda’s husband had died when he was making love with her.

From the same chapter and In the same sort of comedic foreshadowing sense as the above.

Spoiler

“Any child of ours would be baseborn. Only a trueborn child of House Arryn can displace Ser Harrold as your heir. My father will find a proper wife for you, some highborn girl much prettier than me. You’ll hunt and hawk together, and she’ll give you her favor to wear in tournaments. Before long, you will have forgotten me entirely.”

Sansa will be the one finding a proper wife for Sweetrobin and it will be Arya.

Now it was Lord Beric attacking, filling the air with ropes of fire, driving the bigger man back on his heels. Clegane caught one blow high on his shield, and a painted dog lost a head.

Arya VI, Storm 34

Foreshadows Gregor, Sandor or Timett losing his head. Supports proposition that Gregor’s head was sent to Dorne as Cersei claims.

"They're for freeborn Volantenes with enough property to vote. Precious few voters west of the river."

"And this goes on for ten days?" Tyrion laughed. "I might enjoy that, though three kings is two too many. I am trying to imagine ruling the Seven Kingdoms with my sweet sister and brave brother beside me. One of us would kill the other two inside a year. I am surprised these triarchs don't do the same." 

"A few have tried. Might be the Volantenes are the clever ones and us Westerosi the fools. Volantis has known her share of follies, but she's never suffered a boy triarch. Whenever a madman's been elected, his colleagues restrain him until his year has run its course. Think of the dead who might still live if Mad Aerys only had two fellow kings to share the rule."

Foreshadowing for Tyrion winning a Great Council.

Knighthood had made the boy bolder, Tyrion reflected—that, and the sorry part he had played in murdering King Robert. "Wine does have its dangers." He smiled as he poured.

Foreshadowing for Tyrion going via poison wine.

"If she failed to please …"

"She did all that was required of her."

"I would hope so. She was trained in Lys, where they make an art of love. The king enjoyed her greatly."

"I kill kings, hadn't you heard?" Tyrion smiled evilly over his wine cup. "I want no royal leavings."

Killing kings and wine again.

The girl was trained in the art of love. Sansa will make an art of love, using it to control Tyrion and thus the realm.

This is the girl.

Tyrion propped himself against the pillows, his head in his hands. "Do I dream, or do you speak the Common Tongue?"

"Yes, my lord. I was bought to please the king." She was blue-eyed and fair, young and willowy. 

"I am sure you did. I need a cup of wine."

She represents Sansa. Young, fair, blue-eyed. Willow relates to Sansa as per Hugor Hill's wife.

The Maid brought him forth a girl as supple as a willow with eyes like deep blue pools, and Hugor declared that he would have her for his bride.

This girl brings him wine.

Illyrio says to Tyrion.

"Is it so? I wonder. If you would sooner drown in wine, say the word and it shall be done, and quickly. Drowning cup by cup wastes time and wine both."

So Sansa will poison Tyrion.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Foreshadowing for Tyrion winning a Great Council.

Foreshadowing for Tyrion going via poison wine.

Killing kings and wine again.

The girl was trained in the art of love. Sansa will make an art of love, using it to control Tyrion and thus the realm.

This is the girl.

She represents Sansa. Young, fair, blue-eyed. Willow relates to Sansa as per Hugor Hill's wife.

This girl brings him wine.

Illyrio says to Tyrion.

So Sansa will poison Tyrion.

Do you believe this will satisfy the same maid slaying the savage giant prophecy? 

Yeah, I think she'll kill all three giants. LF in the Vale, her champions will defeat Cersei's including Robert Strong's at her trial of seven, and she'll kill Tyrion by poisoned wine.

It might go that there will be a feast in KL and she'll wear the hairnet, as in the other part of the vision, only she won't do it then. She'll go to bed with him and do it there. I think she'll sleep with him then too, still having been a virgin. Harking back to the scene with drunk Cersei ready to kill everyone if Stannis wins. If you recall then Cersei tells Sansa tears (think tears of Lys) are not a woman's only weapon and that she best learn to use the one between her legs as well. Also, as Cersei says she has no chance of seducing Stannis to get herself out of the situation, Sansa will know she has no chance of seducing Jon who will be bearing down on KL.

Also, Lysa told Sansa how she poisoned Jon with the tears of Lys.

I think Tyrion loses at the God's Eye and Viserion dies, Jon forces the pact on him, then sets him free, Tyrion returns to KL very injured, and reneges on the pact. Like Aegon II with Cregan bearing down on him Tyrion orders everyone to stand and defend until the last. He's basically depressed and doesn't give a shit about anything anymore as Viserion is dead. But Jaime and Sansa have other ideas, and Tyrion's fate is the same as Aegon II's. So when Jon arrives, he has to clean up the same mess Cregan did in his Hour of the Wolf.

The Lightbringer story as Saan tells it I think has a bit of foreshadowing of this it.

Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.

“Being a hero, it was not for him to shrug and go in search of excellent grapes such as these, so again he began. The second time it took him fifty days and fifty nights, and this sword seemed even finer than the first. Azor Ahai captured a lion, to temper the blade by plunging it through the beast’s red heart,

Viserion dies, but rather than being a great hero Tyrion goes and eats grapes. Grapes for wine. Basically wine is symbolic of Tyrion's weakness, he might even know Sansa has poisoned the wine and takes it anyway, the easy way out like he almost contemplates in the Illyrio scene. In contrast, Dany is a hero, AA, and is going to kick and scream and fight her way back when she loses Drogon.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:24 AM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Aren't the two riders Daemon II and Alyn Cockshaw? Are you associating the special snowflake with them? 

The shield bears the arms of House Trant. 

Yes, Alyn Cockshaw (Daemon's "mount" :leer:) rides the horse with white, red, and gold plums.  Daemon is a secret Targaryen Blackfyre who hides under the name Jon John.  Whitewalls is also some sort of allusion to The Wall and/or Winterfell.  Recall that while on the roof with Dunk, Daemon states that the castle looks covered in snow. 

Or there is some other allusion to Viserion that I'm missing.

The wiki states that Dunk bears the arms of House Trant in the Mystery Knight.  However, Dunk mentions the shield being grey; House Trant's arms are black on blue.

Archived