House of Cards Season 4: Life Without BBQ

ghosts in winterfell

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

I'm confused about what confuses you.

It seems clear that FU is scheming to stay 'president' for life. Surely the 'co-presidency' concept with Claire is not part of the plan.  It's all him, all under Underwood forever -- one way or another.

It's pretty much what a lot of people believe is now just about in place in real life.  These people will never leave the seat of power legally or illegally, at least not without a military fight.

Well I thought his train of thought was 8 years of his presidency (2 terms), 8 years of Claire following him (another 2 terms). I assumed he wasn't going full dictatorship because that doesn't really fit with the show at all, imo.

36 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Well I thought his train of thought was 8 years of his presidency (2 terms), 8 years of Claire following him (another 2 terms). I assumed he wasn't going full dictatorship because that doesn't really fit with the show at all, imo.

Why not?  People who want power and get it don't ever want to give it up.  He's doing his best to corrupt all the systems that would keep him to the amendment of a two-term limit.

I think this past election --and current administration-- makes any political fiction plausible....lol.... which is not a statement pro or con... just a recognition that we're in uncharted political water.... so nothing Frank Underwood does is going to make me roll my eyes...

14 hours ago, Zorral said:

It's pretty much what a lot of people believe is now just about in place in real life.  These people will never leave the seat of power legally or illegally, at least not without a military fight.

Is that a reference to the Democrat party who after 8 years of presidency are now refusing to leave their seat of power and simply proclaim the newly elected President unlawful?

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Is that a reference to the Democrat party who after 8 years of presidency are now refusing to leave their seat of power and simply proclaim the newly elected President unlawful?

Afraid not.

Archived