Will Stannis ask for a dragon from Dany

boni5464

Unlikely. It's going to take Dany until AT LEAST the end of TWoW before she gets to Westeros, let alone the North. I personally think it's unlikely Stannis survives that long considering where he is at the end of DwD, not to mention the pink letter if that's true (which I have my doubts about).

I don't think Dany would give up any of her dragons willingly anyway.

1 hour ago, Mat92 said:

Unlikely. It's going to take Dany until AT LEAST the end of TWoW before she gets to Westeros, let alone the North. I personally think it's unlikely Stannis survives that long considering where he is at the end of DwD, not to mention the pink letter if that's true (which I have my doubts about).

I don't think Dany would give up any of her dragons willingly anyway.

True but she can't ride all three. Someone has to ride the other two.

"True but she can't ride all three. Someone has to ride the other two."

Yeah i agree. I just mean that these are her "children." They're more likely to be taken by force or be killed. It would take a lot of convincing to get her to part with one.

Although it might be likely if Viscerion and Rhaegal pick a rider themselves, but I think we can all agree neither would pick Stannis haha.

(Sorry I can't quote properly on my phone)

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Nah. Too proud for Stannis to beg for a dragon from Dany.

True, and I don't think she would give one to the brother of the Usurper who is contesting her claim. 

Seriously, how would that go?

Stannis: "Now that we are both here and I am the saviour and you are just a mad dragon wench, why not give your rightful king one of these dragons?"

Dany: "Of course, you can have two of them, because I don't carry any grudges whatsoever on the brother of the man who all but wiped out my family!"

Stannis: "Thanks, wench! Besties?"

Dany: "Besties it is!"

Obviously that's how that would turn out, right? Right? RIGHT?! :D

9 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Nah. Too proud for Stannis to beg for a dragon from Dany.

This. "I am Stannis Baratheon the First of His Name. The King in the Narrow Sea. The King of Dragonstone. The King at the Wall. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. I am the brother and heir of the man who killed your brother and conquered the Iron Chair you are after. Give me one of your teen reptile WMD" I don't believe that it would work.

Seriously, how would that go?

Stannis: "Now that we are both here and I am the saviour and you are just a mad dragon wench, why not give your rightful king one of these dragons?"

Dany: "Of course, you can have two of them, because I don't carry any grudges whatsoever on the brother of the man who all but wiped out my family!"

Stannis: "Thanks, wench! Besties?"

Dany: "Besties it is!"

Obviously that's how that would turn out, right? Right? RIGHT?! :D

He could had done it by using his charm. It worked on Cersei. tumblr_n27zrnYtp31togugro2_1280.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

This. "I am Stannis Baratheon the First of His Name. The King in the Narrow Sea. The King of Dragonstone. The King at the Wall. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. I am the brother and heir of the man who killed your brother and conquered the Iron Chair you are after. Give me one of your teen reptile WMD" I don't believe that it would work.

He could had done it by using his charm. It worked on Cersei. tumblr_n27zrnYtp31togugro2_1280.jpg

What's the actual context of that image?

12 minutes ago, FreyPiesForSkagos said:

What's the actual context of that image?

Truth be told I haven't seen the film which is called The Parole Officer, but from what I have read the character Stephen Dillane plays just tries to charm Lena Headly's character.

22 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Truth be told I haven't seen the film which is called The Parole Officer, but from what I have read the character Stephen Dillane plays just tries to charm Lena Headly's character.

Thanks! I guess I will look for it on Amanzon Prime or Netflix or some such at some point. Might be funny.

Why would Stannis ask for only one dragon though? Why not two or three? The worst Dany can say is "no".  Stannis shouldn't limit himself by asking for just one dragon. I'm sure Dany won't mind Stannis asking for at least a couple.

The thing about dragons, anyone can ask for one but it's ultimately up to the dragon to first "select" the rider before it allows that rider to mount it. There is a bond that created. It's not like borrowing your friends car for the night. One dragon to one rider while either is still alive. Viserion and Rhaegal will need their own riders and chances are great that not even Dany can just hop on. Her bond is with Drogon. 

So , Stannis can ask for one, Victarion can try and lasso one, Tyrion can try and climb upon one, Jon will become one (teehee), but if that dragon says no, then have fun being scorched to death. 

The other thing is most all people in " current" Planetos time also do not really understand this and that is why we will have so many head banging deaths coming up soon :bang:

11 hours ago, Mat92 said:

"True but she can't ride all three. Someone has to ride the other two."

Yeah i agree. I just mean that these are her "children." They're more likely to be taken by force or be killed. It would take a lot of convincing to get her to part with one.

Although it might be likely if Viscerion and Rhaegal pick a rider themselves, but I think we can all agree neither would pick Stannis haha.

(Sorry I can't quote properly on my phone)

Actually, there is text that supports the idea that Dany is quite looking forward to her dragons having riders.  In asos she says something along the lines of there being two men in the world she can trust completely (the other dragon riders).

anyway, I kind of doubt that Stannis will be one.  But if she's looking for dragonriders and if targ blood is a requirement, Stannis is one of the best candidates still alive. 

Archived